Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    using imap here and not having any such problems
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Hmmm, the only other thing I can think of:

There's an option in the account setup that says something like "Only show messages from the last XX days". Do you have that UNCHECKED?

Problems like this are why I stopped using the POP3 protocol. It was never designed for accessing mail from multiple locations (i.e. desktop and mobile device).

It's probably a bug in Outlook, but I can't reproduce it because I'm not using the same setup. I use a hosted Exchange account and various IMAP accounts. Is anyone experiencing this problem without a POP3 account in the mix?
    I appreciate the effort. The weird & frustrating thing is that this never happened on the original Treo, the 650, or the 750 for the first few weeks I had it using the same POP3 accounts. Something changed that I'm not aware of......
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    I'm sure something DID change, but we have no way of knowing if it was on your Treo or your e-mail provider.

Since POP3 protocol isn't designed to keep the mail on the server, various e-mail clients use different tricks to keep it up on the server. It's possible that minor configuration change by your e-mail provider made whatever method Pocket Outlook is using obsolete or ineffective. It could be that they slightly changed the header information. Who knows?

My recommendation is to use IMAP or Exchange.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Nope, I have the "Show messages..." unchecked.
    I also have had no problems with my other POP3 account.
    That though is hosted on a Novell server with messages set to stay on server.
    I was going to try the actual gmail app. Before I do, does this work differently then the POP3?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Update.
    I'm still losing emails so I went ahead and installed the gmail app using the midlet mentioned in "http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139750"

Now my sounds and notifications are going out reguarly. I can heard a crackle just as it happens.
    See my post in this thread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140968

Hope this helps some of you...
    mail2web looks good but isn't there a small fee for having mail pushed to your PDA? I thought there was when I signed up for an account but the push feature/service was not free at the time!??? I have an AOL IMAP account and also Gmail POP3 I'd like to have pushed to my device.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

mail2web is free if you use their email address. If you want to use another email address to reply to your mail it is 2.00/month
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    the recent: trick works with gmail as I just downloaded all of my new mail and my recently read mail did not delete.

I hope this works with my personal account thats POP3.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    the recent: trick works with gmail as I just downloaded all of my new mail and my recently read mail did not delete.

I hope this works with my personal account thats POP3.
    The "recent:" trick does NOT work with my two POP3 accounts Verizon or Charter.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    The "recent:" trick does NOT work with my two POP3 accounts Verizon or Charter.
    You are right as I tested it last night. Didn't work on my other account either.

Ugh, that sucks.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Im also losing messages now and get a message "cannot download messages" but my message does download. I have cingular 750 using yahoo plus pop 3. Has anyone found out what has happend. This is my first ppc and starting to think I made a mistake. Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12