1.    #1  
    Is there a simple way to add a menu item to the left soft button inside the messaging app to add "New w/bcc" or a similar item and have that button launch a shortcut?

I know the subject about messaging not saving sent messages has been discussed before, but I did search and only found jdcochran's post about email to his wife. I don't want to email my wife.....

What I do want is auto bcc. What I found is, I can do it, sort of.

I took the \windows\tmail.lnk, copied it to \my documents and changed the shortcut as follows:

:MSINBOX -service "my service name" -to "my to address" -bcc "my bcc address" -body "my message"

It works. It brings up a new mail form with the defined fields pre-loaded. Obviously, replace the "my" dummies with actual data.

Problem is, I want the "New" button in the messaging app to do this and can't get that to work.

I tried to change:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX\1 to tmail.exe -bcc "my bcc"

That causes pressing the "Messaging" soft key to launch in a new mail dialogue with the bcc loaded. You can therefore send mail, you just can't get to the inbox!

I don't think mort can help.....

Also, I found the look and layout of the email compose screen can be changed by copying compose_note.htm and editing it. You then need to point to this new htm file in another reg key:

HKLM\System\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note\Compose
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged View Post
    ...but I did search and only found jdcochran's post about email to his wife. I don't want to email my wife.....
    this is what's wrong with many marriages... not enough mass-mail communications with form-letter flavor.

good luck with this. Wish I could help. I'm stuck in an xCast vortex and I can't get out.

-- JDC
    Sounds like a former Sidekick user to me... I miss that part too. I had a sidekick too. It was great for email, but really sucked for everything else.