Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone...I watched the WM6 demo downloaded from Microsoft's website and I'd love to upgrade to it. How does one buy and upgrade to WM6??? I am an absolute Windows fanatic and I always like to play with new operating systems. Can anyone help me as far as how to do it or maybe not to do it at all for whatever reason(s). I know I won't be able to get the higher resolution (320x320) that I'm used to from my Treo 650, and which I miss, but there are some other new features I'm interested in.

Thanks very much everyone!
    CrunchDude, where have you been for the past week? :-)

Palm is going to be giving away WM6 for free to current Treo 750 owners.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...eID=LFB|winmo6
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    CrunchDude, where have you been for the past week? :-)

Palm is going to be giving away WM6 for free to current Treo 750 owners.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...eID=LFB|winmo6
    Hey thanks man...I figured I'd get a response like that and rightly so. I was so trashed when I wrote the question LOL...But thanks for sending the link again anyway. I guess I shouldn't ask for any ETA??? Also, an ETA on a Treo 750 that can handle HIGHER resolutions... I so would jump on that. I LOVE WM5, which I didn't think I would so much being that I liked the Palm OS a LOT! But now MS owns me lol...See my new sig. coming soon!

Thanks again!!
    On Palm's website it now says "Coming Soon". That cant be tooo long, cant it?

Surur
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    On Palm's website it now says "Coming Soon". That cant be tooo long, cant it?

Surur
    No more than 9 months. Tops I mean.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Surur
    Palm said it can be some time around June or July.
  8.    #8  
    I'm looking forward to it, I really am. I love playing around with OS's...

However, I'd LOVE the higher screen res., just like I can never go back to XGA (1024x768) for laptops after having had an SXGA+ for years (1400x1050). Currently, I don't know what to do as far as upgrading my UXGA (1600x1200) to a Core Duo. UXGA's are too expensive for a Core Duo, but I think a Core Duo would be perfect for me.

Oops, sorry for the off-topic...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, I really am. I love playing around with OS's...

However, I'd LOVE the higher screen res., just like I can never go back to XGA (1024x768) for laptops after having had an SXGA+ for years (1400x1050). Currently, I don't know what to do as far as upgrading my UXGA (1600x1200) to a Core Duo. UXGA's are too expensive for a Core Duo, but I think a Core Duo would be perfect for me.

Oops, sorry for the off-topic...
    As much as I love my treo, I think the UBQiUO 503 will be my next device, 320x240 landscape screen, not much thicker then the Blackjack and included Wifi with WM6 Pro, might just sway me away from future Treos.

http://ctia2007.spaces.live.com/blog...7D9E!154.entry
    That phone looks great, I wonder when its being released???
    June 20 is what theyt say.
  12.    #12  
    Yea, it does. Good specs, too. 533MHz CPU! But not for me. I LOVE my Treo's lol...And carrier-branded preferably. lol...I had the HTC 8525 for a couple of months and as soon as the 750 hit, I ordered it and used both for a while and eventually got rid of the 8525.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Yea, it does. Good specs, too. 533MHz CPU! But not for me. I LOVE my Treo's lol...And carrier-branded preferably. lol...I had the HTC 8525 for a couple of months and as soon as the 750 hit, I ordered it and used both for a while and eventually got rid of the 8525.
    I agree, I love my Treo, but I wish Palm had come out with something a little more in line with this phone. Slim, landscape screen, jog wheel, WiFi, etc... If Palm releases this type of device with WM6 Pro by June 20th then I will get it, otherwise its the 503 for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    I agree, I love my Treo, but I wish Palm had come out with something a little more in line with this phone. Slim, landscape screen, jog wheel, WiFi, etc... If Palm releases this type of device with WM6 Pro by June 20th then I will get it, otherwise its the 503 for me
    Betcha can't dial or search contacts from the Today screen with that puppy! (wink wink).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Betcha can't dial or search contacts from the Today screen with that puppy! (wink wink).

bet you can, especially since WM6 comes with its own quick dialer and and search capabilities
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/05/2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: augh spelling!
  16.    #16  
    Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for you. Just as I was excited to get Vista and WM5 and the Treo 750 period. Now I'm excited about this WM6 upgrade. I just wish they would come out with one that has at least a 320x320 screen. What do you like about landscape mode so much? Just wondering... Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    bet you can, especially since WM6 comes with its own quick dialer and and search capabilities
    On a serious note, is that functionality available directly from the today screen, or do you have to launch the phone dial pad screen?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hey Crunchdude, just save your interest once you get your hand onto WM6. I'm using VM6 rightnow and I don't see much improvement over WM5, it only adds some bells & whistle. The WM6 is developed base on CE 5.x

It has new features such as Windows Live, Windows search, Windows Messenger, VoIP, Storage Card Encryption; upgraded SmartDial and WMP 10.

Only feature that I think it might be useful is VoIP; however, I still can't figure out how to make it work yet!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Last edited by treoluv; 04/06/2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: upload pix
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    On a serious note, is that functionality available directly from the today screen, or do you have to launch the phone dial pad screen?
    Still have to press dial hard key to launch dial pad unless you create a short cut on today screen.
    Treo Maniac?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hey Crunchdude, just save your interest once you get your hand onto WM6. I'm using VM6 rightnow and I don't see much improvement over WM5, it only adds some bells & whistle. The WM6 is developed base on CE 5.x

It has new features such as Windows Live, Windows search, Windows Messenger, VoIP, Storage Card Encryption; upgraded SmartDial and WMP 10.

Only feature that I think it might be useful is VoIP; however, I still can't figure out how to make it work yet!
    Yup, you're right. Small, subtle but useful changes/additions, like I said. It's not a major upgrade and should really be called something like WM5.5 lol...But there are marketing reasons for all of this behind the scenes I bet. And they're calling it Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Uhhh! No more PocketPC edition. Bill Gates and co. are actually in the process of taking over the mobile OS world. And I'm loving it lol...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast