Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The smart dialer works from the today screen, and over at XDA-developers they have managed to get the SIP client to work.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hey Crunchdude, just save your interest once you get your hand onto WM6. I'm using VM6 rightnow and I don't see much improvement over WM5, it only adds some bells & whistle. The WM6 is developed base on CE 5.x

It has new features such as Windows Live, Windows search, Windows Messenger, VoIP, Storage Card Encryption; upgraded SmartDial and WMP 10.

Only feature that I think it might be useful is VoIP; however, I still can't figure out how to make it work yet!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

If you use an Exchange 2007 server then there are some really nice additions such as HTML email, the updated calendar application and a little known feature called "Search server" basically it allows you to keep a limited amount of email on your device yet still be able to search your entire Exchange server for emails.

I do agree however that most of the additions are pretty small and unless you are using Exchange or are in some sort of corporate environment you won't see any dramatic differences.

As for the smart dialer, like Surur said, it works from the today screen very much how it works on WM5 Smartphone edition. Just start typing on your keyboard and it will not only dial the numbers, it will search your contacts based on the letters/numbers you pressed.
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/06/2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: augh spelling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    If you use an Exchange 2007 server then there are some really nice additions such as HTML email,
    I think some people may think they will be getting HTML email for POP accounts too, Is that the case?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I think some people may think they will be getting HTML email for POP accounts too, Is that the case?
    Thats a good question, I will try on my WM6 device this weekend and see if I am getting HTML from my hotmail and pop3 accounts and report back here.
  5.    #25  
    If you use an Exchange 2007 server then there are some really nice additions such as HTML email, the updated calendar application and a little known feature called "Search server" basically it allows you to keep a limited amount of email on your device yet still be able to search your entire Exchange server for emails.

I do agree however that most of the additions are pretty small and unless you are using Exchange or are in some sort of corporate environment you won't see any dramatic differences.

As for the smart dialer, like Surur said, it works from the today screen very much how it works on WM5 Smartphone edition. Just start typing on your keyboard and it will not only dial the numbers, it will search your contacts based on the letters/numbers you pressed.
    Yep, you're right. But guess what, there is WM5 and then there's OUR WM5 (5.2.2) HAHA with the exclusive Palm enhancements and that happens to be one of them. What WM6 calls SmartDialer. BUT if you have ANY NON-Treo WM5 device, they don't get the SmartDialer now as we do. That's because Treo's are the coolest!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Thats a good question, I will try on my WM6 device this weekend and see if I am getting HTML from my hotmail and pop3 accounts and report back here.

I already tried it. Yes, HTML email in POP3/IMAP and hotmail. For exchange push email, exchange 2007 server is required.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Yep, you're right. But guess what, there is WM5 and then there's OUR WM5 (5.2.2) HAHA with the exclusive Palm enhancements and that happens to be one of them. What WM6 calls SmartDialer. BUT if you have ANY NON-Treo WM5 device, they don't get the SmartDialer now as we do. That's because Treo's are the coolest!
    Sounds like WM6 "levels the field" in the phone dialing aspect.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Sounds like WM6 "levels the field" in the phone dialing aspect.
    It does, but here is my guess, I will bet that we will see all of the same Palm tweaks when they release the WM6 rom so I will be suprised if they use the default WM6 dialer when they have a very good dialer that current Treo owners already know how to use.

My guess is our experiance with WM6 on our Treo will be very similar to WM5 with more features provided by WM6, not necessairly palm. Just a guess on my part.
    It does, but here is my guess, I will bet that we will see all of the same Palm tweaks when they release the WM6 rom so I will be suprised if they use the default WM6 dialer when they have a very good dialer that current Treo owners already know how to use.

My guess is our experiance with WM6 on our Treo will be very similar to WM5 with more features provided by WM6, not necessairly palm. Just a guess on my part.

Comparing with the smartdialer in wm6, the dialer from Palm is NOTHING, just a joke.

You are right, our experience with WM6 on our Treo will be very similar to WM5 with more features provided by WM6, all because of PALM moved all "tweaks" to WM6 again.

Some people still think the dialer from Palm (if it can be called a "dialer") is the coolest, it is all because you don't know there are better one out there, much better.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post

Some people still think the dialer from Palm (if it can be called a "dialer") is the coolest, it is all because you don't know there are better one out there, much better.
    I don't care who it is from, just as long as I don't need to press an extra key and go into any phone pad screen in order to dial or find a contact to dial. I like moving focus off of the dial box on the today screen and it returning to normal.
  11.    #31  
    Yea. It doesn't matter where it comes from. It's just great I have it NOW. lol...Highly convenient.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I don't care who it is from, just as long as I don't need to press an extra key and go into any phone pad screen in order to dial or find a contact to dial. I like moving focus off of the dial box on the today screen and it returning to normal.
    Agreed and like I said before, If I were a betting man, and I am, I would bet that it will be exactly like it is today on WM5, just on top of WM6 .

The question that was originally posed is about the UBIQUIO 503 and if it would be able to dial from the today screen so the answer is yes. It seems that to non-Treo devices, WM6 will bring a more "Treo" like experiance like dialing from the today screen so the usability gap will be narrowed. IMO
    Agreed and like I said before, If I were a betting man, and I am, I would bet that it will be exactly like it is today on WM5, just on top of WM6 .

The question that was originally posed is about the UBIQUIO 503 and if it would be able to dial from the today screen so the answer is yes. It seems that to non-Treo devices, WM6 will bring a more "Treo" like experiance like dialing from the today screen so the usability gap will be narrowed. IMO
    I expect nothing less that some beautiful side by side comparo shots either here or on Hofo.

And maybe even a screen shot of that dialer function too!
    I expect nothing less that some beautiful side by side comparo shots either here or on Hofo.

And maybe even a screen shot of that dialer function too!
    You know me JN, I will definatly post comparable shots and dialer shots over on Hofo

-Mashie
    Dialing from today with the smartdial from WM6 is the best, and not difficult either. But I bet the arrogant Palm won't do it. Fortunately other company will do it.

Typing any key from today, which then pops up the wm6 dialpad and does the searching at the same time, is also a much better solution then current Palm's junk dialer.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    What I'm wondering about... could there be a chance that the known memorycard problems are history with this upgrade? I do hope so..
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Dialing from today with the smartdial from WM6 is the best, and not difficult either. But I bet the arrogant Palm won't do it. Fortunately other company will do it.

Typing any key from today, which then pops up the wm6 dialpad and does the searching at the same time, is also a much better solution then current Palm's junk dialer.
    I DO hope Palm keeps the Today screen dialer. I don't want to go to another screen from the today screen. There is no reason for it. I have keyboard keys if I want to dial a number so I don't need a phonepad. Plus, if I move my focus off the text entry box, the dial pad goes away and my today screen turns back to normal. As for searching capabilities, I have never NOT been able to find a contact using the palm search function. I also like the fact that I can sms and email my contacts from the today screen.
    Do you think that the wifi problems on the 750 will be fixed with the WM6 upgrade? Perhaps the answer would differ depending on who you got your WM6 upgrade from?? (i.e., not Palm).
    I DO hope Palm keeps the Today screen dialer. I don't want to go to another screen from the today screen. There is no reason for it. I have keyboard keys if I want to dial a number so I don't need a phonepad. Plus, if I move my focus off the text entry box, the dial pad goes away and my today screen turns back to normal. As for searching capabilities, I have never NOT been able to find a contact using the palm search function. I also like the fact that I can sms and email my contacts from the today screen.
    The today screen was never meant to have this role. Why not change the focus to another app with more space to display contacts for example?

Surur
    Keep it on Today I say!
    This thing is still a phone after all but the Today can have any role the user wants. That's why you can add components to it.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast