Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What software did you have installed on it?
    The guy had TCPMP, MagicButton, Google Maps, Live Search, and Yahoo Maps.

None of these should affect wireless. It's possible that he had accidentally closed something with MagicButton, but this is silly, and definitely would've been solved with a soft reset, if not just turning wireless off and on.

The phone is new to Verizon, and the CDMA (radio) chipset is different from that of Sprint. I bet it's a known issue, and they're working with Palm and QUALComm (?) to resolve.

Everyone else call VZW and let them know your issue(s). It's likely they shift their resources as demanded.

The phone was only in use for about 10 days.
    I just got a call from the VZW Tech who said I could just bring it in to the store for a replacement (excellent service as usual), instead of having a new one shipped. In fact, the entire process took less than a half hour. Damn, I wish I got his name.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I had Google Maps and Live Search as well. I feel validated. LOL!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    ... Aren't others using PA without their radio's getting fried?
    Absolutely. I've been running it since the day I got the wx. (a week after you) I seriously doubt that commercial software could fry the radio. Modern OS's are designed to keep developers away from driving the hardware directly. This is what API's are for.

Secondly, if PA were doing it, there would be a hundred msg's here about fried radios.

The only thing I would do differently on your 4th phone is to add a new app or two every couple of weeks. Here's what I'm running with absolutely no problems.

1. Resco Explorer and Radio
    2. PocketInformant
    3. Newsbreak
    4. Wisbar Adv
    5. Phone Alarm - with profiles that auto change on schedule
    6. iGuidance
    7. 4Smartphone syncing
    8. Laridian PocketBible
    9. SPB Diary
    10. Aleph StockQuote
    11. Google Maps
    12. MemMaid
    13. psShutXP
    14. SPB Backup
    15. VoiceMinder

In case you are running into an unknown software defect of some kind, I'd stay away from registry tweaks.
    Another note:
    I noticed this keyboard-like icon near the e911 status and bluetooth indicator icons. This is the TTY (is on) icon. To change TTY settings, go into settings>personal> phone> tty drop-down.

The issue is that none of the phone settings can be changed when the wireless is off. But, TTY is on.

There most definitely is a registry key that holds this setting. I don't have time to look for it, but maybe you do.

G'luck,

Matt
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    Absolutely. I've been running it since the day I got the wx. (a week after you) I seriously doubt that commercial software could fry the radio. Modern OS's are designed to keep developers away from driving the hardware directly. This is what API's are for.

Secondly, if PA were doing it, there would be a hundred msg's here about fried radios.

I agree with you and unfortunately, something happened tonight that fried my radio. Really I don't understand it... it's as if the radio can no longer be controlled by the phone. I've tried the Palm hard reset app, a manual hard reset, and a full Sprite restore from a last-known-good backup. What pisses me off even more is not understanding how this problem started to begin with... and knowing that even if I have to get a new phone, I'll be starting back from square one with the same damn software (where's our updates?)!!

I've been running the following apps on my Sprint 700wx since January without problem:

.NET CF 2.0
    700wx hacks
    MMS hack
    hidelogo
    IMPlus
    InSuite InClose
    Windows Live Search
    Weather Panel
    MemMaid
    PDANet
    phoneAlarm
    PocketRAR
    Resco Explorer
    Resco Radio
    Sirius WM5
    Slingbox
    Sprite Backup
    Tasks+
    TCPMP
    Total Commander
    Google Maps
    Kevtris
    Astraware Sudoku
    Virtual Pool Mobile
    PuzzleOfPipes

That's a lot of $#!^ for me to re-install and reconfigure!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Imperator, which "700wx hacks" were you using?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    When I received my 700wx I too loaded on several programs and then noticed that I could not connect to the internet and was unable to get any email updates from active sync.

I did a hard reset and wiped the phone and added my programs one at a time until I found the problem program. Did another hard reset and wipe the phone and did not install the problem program and my phone works just fine now and has since that time.

I noticed that a lot of you have some "hacks" programs that allow you to change some of the registry keys. You also have a lot of other programs loaded on. It would appear that it might not be the phone that is the problem but one or more of the programs that you load on it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Imperator, which "700wx hacks" were you using?
    The Trianglepowers .NET hack applet. Come to think of it, I don't believe I was using much of it and Trianglepowers has pulled their software from distribution. I'm playing with backups now to verify what needs to be reinstalled, but this phone is definitely bricked. Hopefully I can swap it out today.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12