1.    #1  
    After having used my 700wx for several months, when I woke up today, I noticed a message on my phone that said something about needing to provision my phone for Vision services. There was an OK or cancel button. I clicked OK. In the upper left hand corner, the screen was called "Phone Update." The phone went through some "updating" type message and a progress bar showed up. It completed successfully, reset the radio and everything works fine.

Any idea what was pushed out?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It might be interesting to take a look at "Settings," "System," "About," and "Phone."

There you will find items like Software Version, Firmware Version, PRL ID, ERI ID, etc. Have any of those items changed?
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, Florida

My first Treo (the 180)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    After having used my 700wx for several months, when I woke up today, I noticed a message on my phone that said something about needing to provision my phone for Vision services. There was an OK or cancel button. I clicked OK. In the upper left hand corner, the screen was called "Phone Update." The phone went through some "updating" type message and a progress bar showed up. It completed successfully, reset the radio and everything works fine.

Any idea what was pushed out?
    Sprint or VZW?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  4.    #4  
    Sprint. 700wx is Sprint. 700w is Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Sprint or VZW?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    Sprint. 700wx is Sprint. 700w is Verizon.

VZW released the Treo 700WX in February 2007. I own one.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=2889
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  6.    #6  
    Didn't know that. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    VZW released the Treo 700WX in February 2007. I own one.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=2889
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Sprint just did release a new PRL (20227) on the 30th. jalan probably had it automaticly pushed to his phone.
    Day light savings time maybe? My WX tried to switch over on my at 2am last night.
    That should have happened about 2 weeks ago. You need the DST update...
    END OF LINE
    20227??? I have PRL 20224. I am behind the times. Woe is me. Woe is me.

(Runs to Search function to find out how to force a PRL update.)
    I got that msg two days ago. The update went through. My carrier is Sprint, too. I guess it's just a power vision network update or something.
  12.    #12  
    I've never known a PRL update to send the phone through a provisioning update exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    Sprint just did release a new PRL (20227) on the 30th. jalan probably had it automaticly pushed to his phone.
    Anyone have problems with the update (Sprint)?

Funny how my wx is now bricked on the same day of the update.

It's stuck on the Treo startup screen. I've re-started it several times (all methods).

It's going to take a few days to replace it. Apparently there are not any phones anywhere locally.

H
    I woke up to one of these updates as well about a week ago & all it does is update the prl. mine went from 20225 to 20226.