Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I new to the Treo and some of the terminology so bare with me.

    Obviously my nXZEN gennum headset doesn't work like it did with my e815 which leads me to my question.

    1. Is there additional software I can get to make my verizon treo 700wx work like my e815 did, I want to be able to make a phone call without touching or messing with my phone?

    Will this software work and do as I need it, appears it will. Seems a bit pricey for all I'm looking for.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...d/default.mspx

    Are there other 3rd party software out there that will do as I need?
  2. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnc1 View Post
    I new to the Treo and some of the terminology so bare with me.

    Obviously my nXZEN gennum headset doesn't work like it did with my e815 which leads me to my question.

    1. Is there additional software I can get to make my verizon treo 700wx work like my e815 did, I want to be able to make a phone call without touching or messing with my phone?

    Will this software work and do as I need it, appears it will. Seems a bit pricey for all I'm looking for.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...d/default.mspx

    Are there other 3rd party software out there that will do as I need?
    short answer is no, not via BT.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  3. #3  
    I'm not familiar with the headset, but most other headsets allow the use of the headset buttons to answer or redial the last number, without touching the phones. I used a Motorola HS850 on my Treo 700wx, before switching to a Jabra BT500. Both worked well on the Treo and I was able to answer and redial last numbers without touching the phone.

    The Treo 700wx already comes with MS Voice command, I think version 1.5. MS Voicecommand 1.6 is nice, but still does not support BT well on the 700wx. You still have to talk on the Treos mic to use the commands.
  4.    #4  
    Will the BT headset activate the mic to use without touching the phone?
  5. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnc1 View Post
    Will the BT headset activate the mic to use without touching the phone?
    Not voice dialing. You can answer the Treo W/WX via BT headset button push but you cannot initiate a call via BT Headset button push.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  6.    #6  
    so in order to place a call I would have to handle the phone, push the mic button on the phone?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnc1 View Post
    so in order to place a call I would have to handle the phone, push the mic button on the phone?
    No. Once the headset and Treo are paired, then if you initiate a call on your Treo, the headset takes over, so all you have to do is just dial the phone.

    It's just Voice Command cannot work off the BT headset and must be used with the Treo's mic. You still don't have to push any buttons, other than what you need to activate Voice Command.
  8. #8  
    You may want to check out JETware's Handsfree extension. It allows you to activate the built in voice command on your treo. You still have to speak into the treo's mic, but at least there is no button pressing on the treo. The treo's mic is really sensitive so it can pick up your voice from a distance. If you have your treo mounted in your car it should pick up your voice fine.

    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/support.htm
  9. #9  
    How does the MS and the jetwaremobile add to the voice command already on the 700WX?

Posting Permissions