1.    #1  
    ok, i am writing my third script. it will switch ringtones and backlight settings as well as turn on or off treo alert.

the only problem is i cant figure out how to change the backlight settings. i have found this key but when i change it in the reg nothing happings. even after a reset. now if i change the backlight by doing a "option p" on the treo key pad i can see the reg entry change, but when i change the reg it doesn't change the brightness. there must be someting i am missing.

this is what i found. and what i am tring to re write it to...

RegWriteDword ("HKCU","ControlPanel\Backlight","Brightness" , 6 )

thanks for any help, cody
    Why reinvent the wheel? Tweakster profile support works great! What problem is it you are trying to solve that you can't do using Tweakster?
  3.    #3  
    man you guys get me all hooked on this crap and now you want me to just run other peoples work. i dont think so. just cause i'm about 2-3 months late don't mean i can't play as well. does it?

no, really. z has a great thing going with that tweeker thing. i am just having fun writing my own stuff. what is cool for me is not cool for everyone else.

all i want to do is replace what i miss from phone alarm. and i would like the chance to do it myself. even if it takes me a week.

we have repeating alerts with slings treo alert. now the only thing i am missing is a simple profile deal. all i want is the ringtone and the backlight settings.

i have figured out the ringtone part i just cant get the backlight.

i work out doors and cant hear my ringtone half the time, so i use a really loud, regular sounding ringtone for work. at home i dont need that so i use a different ringtone at a different setting.

i just want to be like you guys, i want to feel the force. i want to become a jedi.

cody
    Knock yourself out, I just wanted to let you know there already is a solution.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Knock yourself out, I just wanted to let you know there already is a solution.
    thnaks hannip. i knew what you were saying. i was just playing with ya in my reply. this script stuff is "fun with mortscript". i just wish i wouldn't have doubted myself way back when everyone else started.

yes, i played with z app. he has alot of stuff there. i do belive he gets the "mort award of the year". that script is BIG.

now, to the subject. how do i change the backlight settings with mort? hmmm
    Hint: Take a look at tweakster source. It already does the backlight and ringtone stuff. For backlight it simulates the option-p manual change.

By chance, did you try doing a ToggleDisplay( ON ) after you made the reg change? Not sure if it will work, but it might.
  7.    #7  
    Hint: Take a look at tweakster source. It already does the backlight and ringtone stuff. For backlight it simulates the option-p manual change.

By chance, did you try doing a ToggleDisplay( ON ) after you made the reg change? Not sure if it will work, but it might.
    well i thought i was doing pretty good at reading the scripts until i looked into z's. that thing just confusise me.

thanks hannip.

i just tried putting ToggleDisplay( ON ) after the reg change and ran it... didn't work.
    The brightness plugin is pretty simple. Don't try to read the Tweakster.mscr.
    Cody you sound like me 6 months ago lol
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well i thought i was doing pretty good at reading the scripts until i looked into z's. that thing just confusise me.

thanks hannip.

i just tried putting ToggleDisplay( ON ) after the reg change and ran it... didn't work.
    Hey!! you knockin' my code?

Of course I'm kidding, hell even I get confused when I look at the code WHat you have to realize is that ALL of the code in Tweakster is framework code and UI code, there is NOTHING that actually get's done there, except manipulate state and present the UI. All the work is done in the plugins or specified in the .ini files. Anyways...

Yeah, you won't have any luck changing the brightness via the registry, been there done that.

The brightness plugin is pretty simple if you look at it, just BE CAREFUL you don't automatically set your brightness down to 0 (or heaven forbid you have a bug in your code) or you may be looking at a hard reset. Just a word of caution...

Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    The brightness plugin is pretty simple if you look at it, just BE CAREFUL you don't automatically set your brightness down to 0 (or heaven forbid you have a bug in your code) or you may be looking at a hard reset. Just a word of caution...

Z.
    That's one thing Cody is an expert at. Hard resetting.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hey!! you knockin' my code?

Of course I'm kidding, hell even I get confused when I look at the code WHat you have to realize is that ALL of the code in Tweakster is framework code and UI code, there is NOTHING that actually get's done there, except manipulate state and present the UI. All the work is done in the plugins or specified in the .ini files. Anyways...

Yeah, you won't have any luck changing the brightness via the registry, been there done that.

Z.
    yes, i have been looking at your code since it's the only one that does anyhting with the backlight. sad to say though it's beyond me. i am giving up on the backlight settings for now.

i did notice the warnings in you backlight.mscr. you can always push "options p" with the screen completely dark and then toggle the dpad to turn up the backlight. but i'm not telling you guys anything. lol.

That's one thing Cody is an expert at. Hard resetting.
    the only way to learn is by my mistakes. lol. that's my favorites feature of these devices. you can always get out of trouble with a hard reset.
  13.    #13  
    well here it is. my two simple profile scripts. i got the idea off of xda's site. it is vj's idea, but the script he gave for an example is no where near the treo. the reg spots i found my self.
    this changes the known caller, roaming, and unknown caller ringtone. and toggles treo alert. two scripts i put in to a folder called "profiles" which then is put into my windows\start menu\programs folder. i also created to wav's that call out the profile when it is switched. simple, but some thing i will use everyday. this just makes my life a little easier.

#Home Profile - turns to work settings and toggles treo alert

RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\CTU updown.mp3
    RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone2","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\CTU updown.mp3
    RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone3","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\CTU updown.mp3

PlaySound "Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Profiles\profiles home.wav"
    sleep 5000
    Run("\Program Files\TREO ALERT\TREOSET.mscr"

######################################

#Work Profile - turns to work settings and toggles treo alert

RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\loud ring.wav
    RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone2","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\loud ring.wav
    RegWriteString "HKCU","ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone3","Sound" , \Windows\Rings\loud ring.wav

PlaySound "Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Profiles\profiles work.wav"
    sleep 5000
    Run("\Program Files\TREO ALERT\TREOSET.mscr"
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/31/2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes, i have been looking at your code since it's the only one that does anyhting with the backlight. sad to say though it's beyond me. i am giving up on the backlight settings for now.

i did notice the warnings in you backlight.mscr. you can always push "options p" with the screen completely dark and then toggle the dpad to turn up the backlight. but i'm not telling you guys anything. lol.

the only way to learn is by my mistakes. lol. that's my favorites feature of these devices. you can always get out of trouble with a hard reset.
    *Smacks-self-on-forehead*
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Option-P thing. I guess it really ain't that bad...

And you're right about making your own mistakes, nothing better than rollin your own
  15.    #15  
    is there anyway to get some one to give me two icons for my two profiles. i dont care what they look like really. something like a house and a work (lol). what ever that looks like. i read through the icon thread and was that hannip had a zip of icons that we were to put into the windows folder. then he give us a number or something that we then put a shortcut to in our scripts.

i would love to have two icons then i could put my two scripts into my start menu folder for quicker access.

feel free to just go ahead and put the code in my script. i dont quite understand how to do this. i dont have a script that has one in it to learn from.

thanks if you help, cody