Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I'm pissed off the built-in Mail application on WM5. The application itself makes a darn long connection eventhough I'm in 3G coverage. Does anyone know which is the equivalent Snappermail application on WM5? TIA.
    Treo Maniac?
    Check out the latest beta of Flexmail 2007
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Flexmail is a bit bloated and likes to take over other things, like SMS for me.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I've used SnapperMail. FlexMail 2007 is no SnapperMail. FlexMail is all complexity and not much in the way of usable features.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Tks for answers guys. So, hopeless for converting people who miss the great simple, rich features SnapperMail?

@holmes4: what is the email client are you using now instead of SnapperMail?
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Ugh, I have been trying to find a program to replace SnapperMail since I got my 750 last week. It was the best program I ever had on my 650! Outlook is terrible compared to it, especially that I can't tell it what time to stop checking mail (not fun to be woken up at 3am with an e-mail). Praying to the Snapper Gods for a WM5/6 version!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm pissed off the built-in Mail application on WM5. The application itself makes a darn long connection eventhough I'm in 3G coverage. Does anyone know which is the equivalent Snappermail application on WM5? TIA.
    I wish. I really miss SnapperMail. I didn't appreciate how good it was until I used WM.
    I can't use Flexmail because it doesn't work with Seven mail which I also use.

I am REALLY HOPING that they made some improvements to email on WM6. I know they now support HTML email. I just hope they did some other improvements as well.
    Any walk trhoughs and first looks I've seen of WM6 don't mention any details about email except HTML. So I'm not holding my breath.

The Current Cingular Xpress mail (free to use) isn't ..well different. May not be what I consider 'better' but does connect to email much more efficiently.
    It can be configured with POP accounts so it doesn't take nearly as long to log in, check, and deal with pop mail since you're going through Xpress mail's server.

I'd actually recommend signing up for Seven's beta program:
    http://community.seven.com/
    This new version is quite nice. It's the company that makes Cingular XPress Mail. This new version is completely different. But it also does work with POP and IMAP accounts going through Seven's servers.
    It's just a suggestion of something to try.

I read that QMail is supposed to be much more efficient with POP mail. But it doesn't look like a good email app to me. Flexmail is the ONLY other email program out there that's worth mentioning. It's quite nice feature wise but it's not perfect.

Since I use Seven mail for work (access to exchange behind a corporate firewall), Flexmail isn't compatible with it. So I can't use Flexmail.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/02/2007 at 01:04 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    The lack of a "Chatter" or "Snapper" single-handedly prevents me from getting a 750 (over my 650). Flexmail is referred to as the only "equivalent" but last I checked was too buggy to use. Maybe the new beta is better? There used to be a program called vgsmail that enhanced pocket outlook to be more like snapper but I think it has been abandoned.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I wish. I really miss SnapperMail. I didn't appreciate how good it was until I used WM.
    I can't use Flexmail because it doesn't work with Seven mail which I also use.

I am REALLY HOPING that they made some improvements to email on WM6. I know they now support HTML email. I just hope they did some other improvements as well.
    Any walk trhoughs and first looks I've seen of WM6 don't mention any details about email except HTML. So I'm not holding my breath.

.........I read that QMail is supposed to be much more efficient with POP mail. But it doesn't look like a good email app to me. Flexmail is the ONLY other email program out there that's worth mentioning. It's quite nice feature wise but it's not perfect.

Since I use Seven mail for work (access to exchange behind a corporate firewall), Flexmail isn't compatible with it. So I can't use Flexmail.

Tks Taylorh. I do the test drive on FlexMail, but many bugs, too. I'm running WM6 now; however, I haven't seen WM6 does any better yet. I, like you, didn't appreciate how great SnapperMail Enterprise version was until I used WM5 & 6. Too bad Palm OS reached the end of the tunnel w/o light
    Treo Maniac?