Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i dont want to fill both. in fact i dont even want to fill one. i was just using this for an example of how to determine what version was running and then run script for that platform.

hey reverged, do you have this in your registry?
    hklm\software\microsoft\today\web search\0 ?

if so what is inside it?
    RegRead "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", )
    If ( Sprint )
    RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", TREO ALERT ((ACTIVE))
    if (verizon)
    RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", TREO ALERT (( ACTIVE))
    Endif
    But like I said whats the point.Just fill both voids with whatever you want to say.
    if this isn't a problem then why do you have a sprint version and a verison of treo alert? and why does xcast require to change that one letter in the script to work on sprint?
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/31/2007 at 06:25 PM.
    Hmm Why Never Ask Why
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    But like I said whats the point.Just fill both voids with whatever you want to say.

The point is that you don't want to be scrolling text in both places. Performance issue.
    or reg reading taking time to get to point a to b
    Ive tested it on the wx with both writes.on toggle you lose 2 sec on toggle reg read lol lol lol hmmm I guess it doesnt matter.
    im sorry a 1 sec just retested lol
    every second counts!
    That is true
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i dont want to fill both. in fact i dont even want to fill one. i was just using this for an example of how to determine what version was running and then run script for that platform.

hey reverged, do you have this in your registry?
    hklm\software\microsoft\today\web search\0 ?

if so what is inside it?
    Nope. I don't use web search.

I just got a few minutes away from "Saturday Dad Duty" and hacked out my first script: Banner1.

Thanks to codyppc for hitting the front lines on this.

The "... ... ..." can easily be removed by changing BlankString

I think the next step is an architectural decision on where strings are pulled from. Obviously, it will get crazy if everyone is doing it differently.

I may ponder a spec for this if the community thinks it is worthwhile. Note that it is not required to scroll your text, just text that doesn't fit in the banner. The alphabet put up first doesn't scroll (and it doesn't fit).

Comments?????
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged View Post

i just can't belive how addictive this mort thing is. i stay awake all night writing them. i go to bed and have dreams about them. i wake up early to write the crap i dreamed about. lol. i'm not getting anything done around the house this weekend. altho i almost have a ringtone profile script figured out.
    It's MortScript fever. You've caught it!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverged View Post
    Nope. I don't use web search.

I just got a few minutes away from "Saturday Dad Duty" and hacked out my first script: Banner1.

The "... ... ..." can easily be removed by changing BlankString

I think the next step is an architectural decision on where strings are pulled from. Obviously, it will get crazy if everyone is doing it differently.

I may ponder a spec for this if the community thinks it is worthwhile. Note that it is not required to scroll your text, just text that doesn't fit in the banner. The alphabet put up first doesn't scroll (and it doesn't fit).

Comments?????
    Good job Cody
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12