1.    #1  
    Well as much as I've been tinkering with my new 750, it was bound to happen. I had to soft reset my 750 today after the computer wouldn't recognize it. I could make calls, run applications, but ActiveSync wouldn't work.

Reset it and it works like a charm.

Anyone else run into this?
    Welcome to the world of Windows Mobile. You will find soft resetting a way of life, not only to make the 750 just work again but also to keep things smooth.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Soft resets are not at all a bad thing. Sure, I wish I didn't have to do them. But they take about 40 seconds or so and usually fix any temporary glitch the device is having. A few guys around here actually helped me write a applet that automatically soft resets my device at regular intervals that I specify. It keeps my device ready for whenever I need it.

Now a hard reset is a different story. Recovering from that takes 30 minutes to several hours depending on how well you backup and document your device setup.

Good luck. I love my 750.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  4.    #4  
    Yes.... i hate hard resets.

The 680 had about one soft reset every other day but it locked up completely. It was nice to see the 750 to remain semi-functional before I had to reset it.

I wish there was another way to reset it without having to take the battery out. Wait.... there's a reset button inside the mini-SD door, right?
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    Yes, just pop open the miniSD door and push and hold the button for a second or two with the stylus. I usually only have to soft reset mine when I am playing with the registry, to see if the hacks work.

Very far and few in between compared to my Treo 650 I had. That was a soft reset 2 to 3 times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post

The 680 had about one soft reset every other day but it locked up completely. It was nice to see the 750 to remain semi-functional before I had to reset it.

I wish there was another way to reset it without having to take the battery out. Wait.... there's a reset button inside the mini-SD door, right?
    Apps like Pocket Plus and iLauncher have icons that can be placed on the today screen that perform a soft reset. There's also freeware applications like softreset.exe that do the same thing. The only disadvantage to the abovementioned is that if the 750 locks up, you have to use the softreset button by the sd card.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Playing around with the phone = soft resets galore. On some days, I would soft reset 20 times in a day because of all of the configuration and everything. But usually, I only soft reset every few days if I notice any slowdowns.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I haven't found hard resets to be all that painful. If I've backed up prior to the hard reset, then I just run Sprite backup after the hard reset, select the items I don't want carried over from the pre-hard reset image, and voila. 10 minutes tops. I've only done two and don't want to do anymore, but it's not all that cumbersome at all.
    I've been lucky, as a newbie to treos (but tech-geek inclined), I've only had to soft reset this after 3-4 days- and oftentimes after I freeze or slow it down by doing too much all of a sudden(and task manager slows down to a crawl)- 40 seconds of waiting every 3-4 days is not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Playing around with the phone = soft resets galore. On some days, I would soft reset 20 times in a day because of all of the configuration and everything. But usually, I only soft reset every few days if I notice any slowdowns.
    Thats what I do, i reset it probably once a week. It doesnt hurt to reset and start fresh.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I much prefer to soft reset my WM device when I need to versus my Treo 650 resetting on its own several times per day...

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    I much prefer to soft reset my WM device when I need to versus my Treo 650 resetting on its own several times per day...
    Uuuugh I hated when that would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post

I don't know if Magic button 2.0 works for the 680, but it has a reset button on it's menu. No help on a lock up, but if you're resetting because of a slow down or a new install. It should also your little mini SD door some wear.

Gab