Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VZ 700WX here and the Jawbone has worked flawlessly with it. Night and day as compared to the HS850 and BlueAnt X3....
    robdam, I am the one that started the Jawbone thread. it has now been over 1 week, and several air flights around the US. I have been using the Jawbone (and a Verizon WX) in airports, on show floors in hotels and separtated by a short distance from the phone. simply put, no drops durring calls, there have been a few drops when idle, but in every case it resulted in and imidiate re-pairing. the unit was the simpilest I have every used for pairing, completely painless. the volume seemed a little low but it adusted with the level of the ambiant noise priesent. I have yet to have any static, very clean audio. the only problem is that it is not as comfortable as others i have used. They do give you several different ear buds (it would be nice if they were gells), and several differnent ear clips, you have to use the ear clip. At first and occationally they are much harder to get on the ear (there are left and right ear clips of different sizes), after trying several times, I have discovered that once you find one in range for a good fit, you can tweek it a littel by bending the ear clip, to get a more secure and or comfortable fit. In short it is no Platronics 665 in comfort, but the unit works and keeps working.
    Best I've used so far. I have bought 8 or 10 headsets over the last couple of years. The Jawbone is simply the best in sound quality!!! Although, probably the most uncomfortable. People say they hear me loud and clear and I have been in noisy restaurants, in my car with radio on and top down, at a loud *** pistons game, etc. Also, it connects everytime with VZW Treo 700 wx. LOVE IT!!!!

Note: Make sure you have a tight fit, b/c the noise cancelling sensor needs to be touchng your cheek.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Great info all, thanks! I can't wait to receive mine to try it out and look like a MAJOR DORK.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Initial day 1 thoughts on Jawbone are WOW! First off, It's gorgeous, secondly, it fit perfectly right out of the box.
    It's really a thing of beauty...I don't find it awkward or too big as others have suggested. Paired right up. I've only used it on a handful of calls but so far so good. No noticeable static.....yet! One thing I don't like about it is the 2 buttons are way too small and difficult to manipulate. I'm 6'2" with big hands but even still.

I got the black one direct from Aliph. Arrived 2 days after ordering.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    No noticeable static.....yet!
    Hehe, I managed to get static once. I put the Treo next to my head and the static clicked off back to perfect clarity again.

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Day 2 has been jsut as flawless as day 1. VZW WX users GET THIS HEADSET!! IT WORKS!
    Last edited by robdam; 04/04/2007 at 06:36 PM.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Day 2 has been jsut as flawless as day 1. VZW WZ users GET THIS HEADSET!! IT WORKS!
    WHOA! there is a "WZ"... I want it! hehehehe

Great to hear you finally got one that works. I will be looking into one one of these days...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post

Great to hear you finally got one that works. I will be looking into one one of these days...
    I just figured he was so shocked by the mere concept of a working BT headset that he was prone to typos!

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    Did any of you tried to use jawbone with BT gps at the same time ?
    Also I my (sprint 700wx) drops my Jawbone when goes to Roaming. After that I have to shut down BT on my phone and turn off my jawbone- after that I will have to opwer on both - since once disconnected jawbone is not reconnecting.

I've read that jawbone has problems with CDMA phones.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post

Wise guy! I fixed my typo! Yes, I was all AMPED up over having a headset that works......so far.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    LOL dood... I know, I was just razzin ya. I am also excited that it works. Definitely next on my list of purchases....
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I know, just having some fun with you Bud. I CANNOT believe it works LIKE A BT HEADSET SHOULD WORK. How pathetic we've become.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    So, typically with BT Headsets (Jabra & Moto), if the Treo is sitting on the seat next to me in the car, it works pretty well (low volume though), but if I leave the car & put it in my jeans pocket (it being the treo), or put it in a jacket inside pocket, it becomes way to static'y to actually use.

Is the the Treo's issue, or the BT headset's issue?

Does the Jawbone address that?

I have A VZW 700wx btw.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Facts are:

I own a VZW WX

Moto HS850 and Jabra BT500V were prone to constant static and dropped calls. With Jawbone, I have not yet had any dropped calls and only 1 person complained about static.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    One of my dreams has been to be able to drive around with all my windows down and talk on the phone with a headset and have it be clear. It works with the Jawbone. Incredible piece of technology. I too have been through at least five different headsets.
    My JX10 might be ready for a replacement. At 100 bucks a pop these BT headsets are expensive though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718 View Post
    Did any of you tried to use jawbone with BT gps at the same time ?
    Also I my (sprint 700wx) drops my Jawbone when goes to Roaming. After that I have to shut down BT on my phone and turn off my jawbone- after that I will have to opwer on both - since once disconnected jawbone is not reconnecting.

I've read that jawbone has problems with CDMA phones.
    anybody else with the same problem ??????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718 View Post
    anybody else with the same problem ??????????????
    I can't use Jawbone and TomTom at the same time. If I turn on TomTom while the Jawbone is active, the BT connection to JB will be dropped. I have tried re-pairing several times in different order but the problem persists.

No experience with the roaming issue yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    I can't use Jawbone and TomTom at the same time. If I turn on TomTom while the Jawbone is active, the BT connection to JB will be dropped. I have tried re-pairing several times in different order but the problem persists.

No experience with the roaming issue yet.

Thank You for your reply
    It has to be Jawbone then I didn't have that problem with my Jabra JX-10
    I emailed makers of Jawbone and I will let u know what they say about this issue. I read on some forum that Jawbone is optimized for GSM phones and a lot of ppl with CDMA has some kind of problems with their Jawbone. Also I've read that New Jawbone fully compatible with CDMA will come out in June 07
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast