Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone noticed that the Treo 750 slows down to the point of being almost useless when it is Activesyncing with an Exchange server using a cell signal, and also when it is checking IMAP accounts? It almost freezes when I try to run any other app. Is this a bug or is it just me?
    check your 3rd party apps, there's probably a bug there.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't install anything fancy... just Pocket Informant, Resco File Explorer, and some games.
    It could be those games you have, uninstall them and install them one by one till you find the culprit.
    Why would games that aren't running cause a slowdown? I don't think the games are the issue.

Make sure you "close" applications after you use them (using a task manager), and do a soft reset from time to time. Also, check your available RAM and make sure you are not sinking too low. From the list of apps you have installed, it doesn't sound like you would dip that low, but you never know.
    Last edited by JGold; 03/30/2007 at 08:53 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Why would games that aren't running cause a slowdown? I don't think the games are the issue.

Make sure you "close" applications after you use them (using a task manager), and do a soft reset from time to time. Also, check your available RAM and make sure you are not sinking too low. From the list of apps you have installed, it doesn't sound like you would dip that low, but you never know.
    I've had games that would freeze/crash some of my WM5 devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I've had games that would freeze/crash some of my WM5 devices.

Of course, some games can do that. But the point here is that a freeze/crash usually causes the entire device to need a soft reset. If for some reason, yukster has "window" game open (many games I have used in the past take over the whole system) and that's causing processing and memory leaks that's one issue. It's not an issue if those games and processes have been shut down.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Of course, some games can do that. But the point here is that a freeze/crash usually causes the entire device to need a soft reset. If for some reason, yukster has "window" game open (many games I have used in the past take over the whole system) and that's causing processing and memory leaks that's one issue. It's not an issue if those games and processes have been shut down.
    cmon JGold, you know that there are apps that don't release RAM and continue to cause issues after you've closed them down
    cmon JGold, you know that there are apps that don't release RAM and continue to cause issues after you've closed them down
    Of course! Pac Man from MS is one of them. Point here being that a soft reset takes care of that (which I recommended above). I don't think that's just cause to uninstall games that the guy might enjoy playing. Easy enough to use a process list (not a task manager) to identify anything that shouldn't be there (ie. Pacman.exe).
    is the imap email your using "hotmail" by chance? that sometimes slows mine down too (esp the wm6 live messenger app). I actually quit using it to confirm and never have gone back. just a thought?
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
  11.    #11  
    I don't think its a low memory problem... I use Magic Button to close my apps, and once a day, I use SKTools for free my memory. I am using Hotmail through Pocket Outlook, and I use the infamous "Delivery Preferences->Check every XX minutes" option for that account only. My work account is IMAP, and use the "Options" methods to check my email every 30 minutes.

The games I have are Kevtris, Bejeweled, Astraware Sudoku, and Minesweeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukster View Post
    I use SKTools for free my memory.
    That's a problem right there. I have always experienced strange behavior after using SK free memory. I have always wound up having to do a soft reset after doing it. FYI - I have tried on both a KJAM and the Treo.

Also, what Mike asked above might also be very applicable to your situation.
  13.    #13  
    Would the Oxios products work better in freeing memory?
    That's a problem right there. I have always experienced strange behavior after using SK free memory. I have always wound up having to do a soft reset after doing it. FYI - I have tried on both a KJAM and the Treo.

Also, what Mike asked above might also be very applicable to your situation.
    I've actually noticed issues with both SKTools AND magicButton so there ya go, two apps that are culprits.
    I've actually noticed issues with both SKTools AND magicButton so there ya go, two apps that are culprits.
    Yeah, but are there any other apps like Magic Button that put the open app icons at the top of the screen by the Start Menu icon?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    Yeah, but are there any other apps like Magic Button that put the open app icons at the top of the screen by the Start Menu icon?
    If I recall properly, I think WisBar Advanced does that also. However, given the great one-handed nature of other solutions, touching the screen just seems a bit passe.
    I still do a lot with the stylus, though I agree that smallmenu is a nice onehanded app. Though I really wish that PocketPlus's task manager that launches on pressing the ok key on the screen could be launched from pressing the ok key
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    I still do a lot with the stylus, though I agree that smallmenu is a nice onehanded app. Though I really wish that PocketPlus's task manager that launches on pressing the ok key on the screen could be launched from pressing the ok key
    Dude, it is mappable.
    My setup allows me to launch pretty much all of my apps that I normally use from the today screen or start menu.
  20.    #20  
    Is anyone using IMAP in pocket outlook? Could that be the slowdown?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast