1.    #1  
    This is my first script. I only took a little over 10 hours. lol.

This will start treo alert 4.2 after a reset and remember the setting you had it on. for example if you have a backup program set in the middle of the night, when you wake up, things will be running just like you left them. In my case, when I get home from work and swap in a new battery before running out the door for a night out, my treo alert app will be just like I left it.

In the attached zip is a script that needs to be added into the "windows/startup" folder.

What it does is when first started looks for a key called "remember". If there is not one there it creates one. Then every 60 seconds it looks at the on/off part of treo alert. If treo alert is on it remembers it. If it is off it remembers it. It does this every 60 seconds. Then it compares the two values, if it ever sees that treo alert is off and has a remember value of on it turns treo alert on. If the values are the same it does nothing. If the values is off and the remember is off it does nothing.

I hope someone enjoys it. If they really like it I will send you the other 28 versions that didn't work as well. lol

Enjoy, Cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/29/2007 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    This is my first script. I only took a little over 6 hours. lol.

This will start treo alert 4.2 after a reset and remember the setting you had it on. for example if you have a backup program set in the middle of the night, when you wake up, things will be running just like you left them. In my case, when I get home from work and swap in a new battery before running out the door for a night out, my treo alert app will be just like I left it.

In the attached zip is a script that needs to be added into the "windows/startup" folder.

What it does is when first started looks for a key called "remember". If there is not one there it creates one. Then every 60 seconds it looks at the on/off part of treo alert. If treo alert is on it remembers it. If it is off it remembers it. It does this every 60 seconds. Then it compares the two values, if it ever sees that treo alert is off and has a remember value of on it turns treo alert on. If the values are the same it does nothing. If the values is off and the remember is off it does nothing.

I hope someone enjoys it. If they really like it I will send you the other 8 versions that didn't work as well. lol

Enjoy, Cody
    Trying out right now. I'll report back in 30 mins.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  3.    #3  
    figures something is wrong. hang on.
    figures something is wrong. hang on.
    Glad you told me just 2 min away from installing, seriously!!!! But will wait.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Glad you told me just 2 min away from installing, seriously!!!! But will wait.
    man i have 8 builds. the 7th one was working with just one thing wrong. i though i fixed that and now i have something else wrong.

no more posting here. i will be back
    hehe watch those beta mscr,s they can get in the way as seen in the treo alert thread when I was pulling hair
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hehe watch those beta mscr,s they can get in the way as seen in the treo alert thread when I was pulling hair
    28 different versions, 10 hours later, but i think i got it.
    28 different versions, 10 hours later, but i think i got it.
    lol going to try it now. after i do a back up.
  9.    #9  
    after i do a back up.

nice. way to make a nOOb feel good.
    nice. way to make a nOOb feel good.
    no its not that. its the fact that i've hard reseted after reloading everything on it today 4 times and now that its getting late dont have time for a hard fresh reset. Honestly I could care less if it screws up my phone. The last few days i've done about 10 or fifteen hard resets just to find the right combination of an efficent set up on my treo. So if i made you feel bad don't. Plus u can always make fun of my first script when i make one.
  11.    #11  
    i was just kidding. what you need to do after you put that file in your start up. is.

reset. wait maybe one minute and then turn your treo alert on or off. which ever you want. then fo a softreset and see if it remembers the setting you had it on. this script doesn't run for 30 seconds or so. it more for after you have had your device on for a while and then did the backup thing or softreset. you can do it in one minutes after it boots up if you want for a quick test.
    i was just kidding. what you need to do after you put that file in your start up. is.

reset. wait maybe one minute and then turn your treo alert on or off. which ever you want. then fo a softreset and see if it remembers the setting you had it on. this script doesn't run for 30 seconds or so. it more for after you have had your device on for a while and then did the backup thing or softreset. you can do it in one minutes after it boots up if you want for a quick test.
    Testing now. Still says Treo Alert-Hello, when you do a soft reset is it suppose to say whether its Active or Off. Its now been sitting for over a minute and still says Treo Alert-Hello.
  13.    #13  
    Testing now. Still says Treo Alert-Hello, when you do a soft reset is it suppose to say whether its Active or Off. Its now been sitting for over a minute and still says Treo Alert-Hello.
    afert placing the script in the startup folder so a soft reset. when the treo boots back up again wait a minute and then activate treoalert. wait 10 seconds and then do another softreset. when treo boots back up again it will say "hello" for like 30 seconds then it will activate treo alert. it will only stay on " hello" if you had the treo alert off before you reset.
    afert placing the script in the startup folder so a soft reset. when the treo boots back up again wait a minute and then activate treoalert. wait 10 seconds and then do another softreset. when treo boots back up again it will say "hello" for like 30 seconds then it will activate treo alert. it will only stay on " hello" if you had the treo alert off before you reset.
    I figured it out and i must say works perfectly so far.

side note
    BTW its 8:20 am and about to hard reset phone again and speaking about that do u think doing so many hard resets screws up the phone at all. Cause lately ive done a lot of them.
  15.    #15  
    no, I have done a hundred of them. lol. I have tried every reg deit and every free app out there. I have created the perfect restore point. I love hard resets.
    no, I have done a hundred of them. lol. I have tried every reg deit and every free app out there. I have created the perfect restore point. I love hard resets.
    Hey so you know exactly what i'm talking about then, thats exactly what i'm trying to always accomplish. No matter how well it runs I think it can always be better and I love trying to find the right combo. I'm hooked wife says I need to goto Treo Anonymous. lol