1.    #1  
    Has anyone used FlexMail with Pusheffect? I'm just wondering if they work well together. I just got PushEffect to work on my Treo 700wx and I rather not install Flexmail to try out in case it might cause havoc on my device.

If you do use it, do you use the SMS threaded app as well?
    Tried every version of FlexMail, including the most recent public beta release 2, and uninstalled every one of them. It's bloated, slow, locks up the device, drains the battery in no time, and causes resets. It's IMAP IDLE implementation (the way it does push) is hit or miss, there are server reconnection issues, etc. Need I say more?

I don't use the SMS threaded app but PushEffect has been extremely reliable and, quite frankly, a godsend. Right now, I think it's the only game in town in you want push from a POP or IMAP server. VGSMail is no longer supported by the developer and limits you to using a compatible IMAP server like FlexMail.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I noticed WebIS's support on Fleximail is basically non-existent. Several years ago, when I was heavily using my HP iPAQ H5555, I used their WebIS Mail, prior to it becoming Fleximail. I'm surprised they haven't had better support, plus a more stable mail solution after about 4 years.
    I did the trial and worked hard with it but deleted it after a few days. Its overated and very messy in my opinion.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I did the trial and worked hard with it but deleted it after a few days. Its overated and very messy in my opinion.
    I've done the same. I liked some of it's features, but it was a resource hog. Fortunate for me, my ISP has added an SMTP server, so no more send mail issues.

I also paid for the PushEffect license and LOVE IT!
    Interesting enough, I love flexmail now. Its in beta still and imap idle works great now, no disconnect issues (except after a phone call which is supposed to be fixed next beta). As far as it being a resource hog, it loads slow, but once loaded, my wx is as fast as ever. As far as it locking up the device, bad battery life, and resets, I see none of those symptoms. Overall its working well for me.
  7.    #7  
    I may give FlexMail another try at a later point. I do like the filtering option. It just concerns me that it's still in beta. As I mentioned, I tried out their software when it was originally called WebIS Mail, about 4 years ago. I was using an iPaq H5555, which is a PPC 2003 device. I believe it was in beta back then. I'm surprised after 4 years, that it's still in beta, but with just a different name.

Are you using it with the Threaded SMS app and/or the Pic mail app?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I tried FM 2007 (latest public beta) a few days ago. Found it to be better than previous versions, but it still caused numerous issues (including missed phone calls). I really wanted it to work, as I am sick of getting HTML emails that I cannot read on the Treo, but it caused too many issues. Uninstalled it after two days, and all my problems disappeared. Well, my Treo problems anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I may give FlexMail another try at a later point. I do like the filtering option. It just concerns me that it's still in beta. As I mentioned, I tried out their software when it was originally called WebIS Mail, about 4 years ago. I was using an iPaq H5555, which is a PPC 2003 device. I believe it was in beta back then. I'm surprised after 4 years, that it's still in beta, but with just a different name.

Are you using it with the Threaded SMS app and/or the Pic mail app?
    To be honest, I keep my SMS seperate, and it works fine. I dont use the threaded sms app anymore, dont get enought texts to worry about it, but the picture mail app coexists fine. Also the reason it is in beta, is that they are FINALLY fixing all the imap problems. Its supposed to go gold this month though. i also started out using webis and while it was nice on my axim for pop emails, there are a multitude of changes under the hood. Also the developers have been listening to all the bug reports and making the changes. Even in its beta2 stage its better than anything else out there in the WM world imho.
  10.    #10  
    I wonder if they rewrote the app, which is why the name change to FlexMail.

BTW, are you using it with PushEffect. When I asked Qorefunctions about PushEffect working with FlexMail, they mentioned that it is not supported with it, due to it having allot of issues in the beta stage.
    I am not using push effect..there is no need for me. I use it with imap idle/fastmail.fm and email is instant. They have rewritten much of it, especially the imap idle part of it. I urge you to give it a try along with fastmail. Fastmail has a free account, but you cant use their smtp. You'll be surprised how well it works. Only problem I have is after a phone call i have to resync fastmail, but I have confidence they will fix that bug in the next couple of weeks.
    The current FlexMail beta is still loaded with bugs and a resource hog. The IMAP IDLE implementation is still very problematic. I personally tried the current beta with fastmail and each time it would initially connect to the server, it would never download the first message that arrived on the server right after it connected. Subsequent messages would download but not the first one. With each beta, new bugs are introduced. They really need to simplify the feature set, it's way too bloated and takes forever to load. I'd say they have several more months of development with this app.

I'm sticking with PushEffect for now.
    Thats interesting. I don't have the problems that you report and I am using fastmail as well. The newest beta seems relatively bug free to me. There are small issues, but nothing too bad. Its a little bloated and takes time to load, but since it should be running all the time in the background for imap idle, thats not really an issue for me. I can wait 5-6 secs for initial sync.

I wonder if you have had some conflicts with today plugins or the equivalent. I got rid of .net CF as well as magic button and that was the best thing I ever did for my 700WX. In anycase, its good you have found a solution that works well for you.
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Any updates on FlexMail? Hopefully its no longer in BETA.