Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I can't compare, becuase I only bought the SDW11G. Mine has been working well, so far. I guess, for the money, the SDW11G.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get rid of the Palm notification "Palm recommends turning the radio off when using WiFi..."? I get this notification every few minutes when using WiFi. Granted, I am keeping the radio on as I do want to receive calls.
    I can't find of a way either. My phone radio is on also, while using the Wi-fi and haven't had any problems.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I get the Palm notification every few minutes. It's quite annoying.

Do you only get it once per use?
    I don't use the Wi-fi often, only to xfer files to/from my network, then I disconnect. So I only see it once. I'll try connecting to it for a longer period and see if I get repeating messages.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Do any of you have your wifi networks secured? I would be interested in knowing if WEP or WPA encryption was supported. I have to have have my home network secured because of work and wouldn't want to waste my time getting it if it didn't work. The add says it supports it but I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience with it.
    My network is secured and it was a small PITA to get the key entered since it was a letter number mix.
    Question for anyone. I sometimes use my bluetooth connection with my phone & computer to connect to the internet on my computer with EVDO. If I get the WIFI card & i connect my computer via bluetooth will i get the Wifi connection on my computer too??
    All you need to do is configure which connection (BT, Wi-fi, EVDO) to use to connect to the internet.
    so my computer connection will be wifi speed via bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by eenballer10 View Post
    so my computer connection will be wifi speed via bluetooth?
    Bluetooth 1.1 x-fer rate is about 721/57.6 Kbit/s in asymmetrical mode, 432.6 Kbit/s in symmetrical mode for both directions. BT 2.0 with EDR is supposed to be 3 times that much.

More than likely, you probably have BT v1.1, so if you're browsing the internet using BT, you're only going to get about 721 kbit/s, which will be very slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I get the Palm notification every few minutes. It's quite annoying.

Do you only get it once per use?
    When the message shows up and you press MENU, isnt there an option for it to not notify you in the future?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    try this
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/Download.htm#wlan

that is the download page for all the drivers, you find out which card you have by going to http://www.spectec.com.tw/wlan.htm and seeing which card looks most like yours
    FYI, I bought the the spectec sdw820 card. The drivers for it are supposed to be the WM5 from that page you referenced but when I used them, it consistently gave me the memory error.

Just for fun I installed the PPC 2003 drivers, and guess what? It recognized it right away. So if one driver doesnt work, try the older one
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    When the message shows up and you press MENU, isnt there an option for it to not notify you in the future?
    Nope, only option is to hit dismiss.
    So yeah, is there ANY way to disable that stupid warning? Driving me crazy!!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345