Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think there was a sandisk one but it does not show up on there site or anywhere to buy anymore... ebay maybe?

-Joe
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_mcp View Post
    I think there was a sandisk one but it does not show up on there site or anywhere to buy anymore... ebay maybe?

-Joe
    Ya.. thats right... I checked some more.. only b, 11meg.

hmmm.. wouldn't this be desirable? ...to have some storage with the WiFi card?
    Guess it maybe not cost effective to come up with one on a g card.

Oh well..
    Paul G
    Yeah it would be good to have storage but it would be better if they would just build the wifi in....
    Does this card sit flush in the Treo or does it stick out of the top?
    Based on the picture I think it sticks out a little.

I will probably order one tonight so when I get it I will let you know... I don't see them any cheaper on ebay right now....
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    Anyone know if this card will work with 700WX?
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SDW11G
    Just received mine and it works very well on my 700WX. Connected right up 2 my neighbor's house. Sensitivity is excellent. Beats my old PPC6700. Can see wifi 7 houses away. Very fast downloads. It does stick out 1/4" but doesn't bother me as I think thats why it picks up so well, with the antenna in that portion. The Phone's antenna protects it. I consider it a bargain@$31 plus $7 shipping. I should mention that I did the #2+#3 hacks from this thread and that may be why it downloads so fast. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129973
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Trabub; 04/05/2007 at 11:49 PM.
    Great to hear. I'll get one soon.
    Just ordered mine.... I have a 700w but that should be close enough I hope...
    Is there such a this as a Wi-Fi card with memory? I'd hate to keep swapping out cards if I didn't need to.
    I just ordered my card.

Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Is there such a this as a Wi-Fi card with memory? I'd hate to keep swapping out cards if I didn't need to.
    I did a Google search and happened to find out about Eye-Fi, Wi-fi SDIO with 1Gb of storage, but no futher info on it, since April 2006...
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/04/28...-flash-memory/
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/01/e...your-sd-flash/

There is an old discontinued model by Sandisk, which is Wi-fi B with 256 Mb storage.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/06/2007 at 04:12 AM.
    I received mine yesterday as well. For < $40 with shipping this thing is great.

I had EVDO coverage on my phone and DSLReports reported 268 kbit/sec.

Installed the supplied CAB file, turned off the phone radio (per instructions) popped in the WiFi card, and it connected immediately without any settings required. I logged back on to DSL and got 964 kbit/sec!

Well worth it for those few occasions where EVDO is not avail or you need a fast download.
    Did you have to turn of the phone radio just for the install or do you have to leave it off anytime you are using the card?
    Inquiring minds want to know...
    Did you have to turn of the phone radio just for the install or do you have to leave it off anytime you are using the card?
    Although I don't own one yet, I would have to think that the Wi-fi and phone work independantly. The Wi-fi card has it's own built in antenna. It operates at 2.4 Ghz, same frequency as BT. If you're BT can be on at the same time as the phone, then there should be no problems of the Wi-fii card being on while the phone radio is on.
    When u insert the card, a popup comes on and says that Palm recommends turning of the phone when using wifi. I haven't done that yet. Tested an inc. call with it streaming on wifi and no probs.
    Mine just arrived today, which I ordered on the 6th of April. FedEx took a LONG time to get it to me. Somehow it got stuck in Tennessee, for about 2 days. Anyways, it's real nice. Easy to install. Just kind of long though. I won't be able to use it plugged in, while inserted to the holster. Oh well. I figure I'll only be using the Wi-fi, while I'm using the Treo and not idle in my holster anyway. Besides, I picked up a 2Gb SD card, which was on sale. I'll still pick up the 4Gb Transcend SD card from NewEgg.

So far, it's well worth the money. I'll take a pic of it when I get a chance for those who are interested.
    Got mine last night too, also ordered on the 6th... Probably the holiday caused the delay.

I was using it for a couple hours last night. Was browsing while on a call using my BT headset so this thing rocks, espcecially for under $40 incl. shipping. I can definately see why people like the internet package thru carrier too.... I will probably keep the wifi card in my wallet until I need to check something and then I'll switch out the memory card...

Now just need a card w/ wifi and a minimum of 2GB...
    Has anyone that has purchased this card now get an alert dialog every time you connect to the hotsync cable?

It says:
    Pocket PC Networking
    Unable to obtain a server assigned IP address. Try again or enter IP address in Network Settings.

I dismiss it, and things go along happily, but it pops up everytime I plug in my sync cable (without the WiFi card plugged in).
    OK...you talked me into it...just bought one
    dannyboy22... I will see if I can try this weekend... I've only ever sync'ed using BT so far.

dstudboy1... you won't regret it...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast