Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    New Microsoft web browser. Anyone test this browser yet?

Official Microsoft Live Lab website http://labs.live.com/deepfish/

The review is on this website ... http://www.on10.net/Blogs/larry/excl...ser--deepfish/
    Last edited by aznspiki; 03/29/2007 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    New Microsoft web browser. Anyone test this browser yet?

Official Microsoft Live Lab website http://labs.live.com/deepfish/

The review is on this website ... http://www.on10.net/Blogs/larry/excl...ser--deepfish/
    Ok this is my mini review of Deepfish. I've been playing with Deepfish for the last hour or so trying to figure it out and compare to opera, pie, and any other pocket browser out there three words "kick a** fast". Cnn.com took less then 8 seconds to load, msn.com took less then 6 seconds to load. Ok now for the cool part the web pages look exactly how I would view it on my laptop or desk top pc. Navigating is pretty simple although had a small problem at first. Yhe left soft button is the navigate button click on it and you get a very simple menu with about 5 different items (Home,address bar, favorites,search and refresh). I first clicked on address bar a simple bar came up where you can type in a web address, seconds later I got my web page. When you look at the we page yes it looks fuzzy but you can zoom in and click on links. I can already tell this browser COULD be the next future for ppc's. If your looking for a simple full display browser this is it. A few last things to mention 1st get it now according to the web site its a step away from being in beta. Also check out the two links aznspiki posted in the post above. Ok now to sum it up I can see there are features that are missing I don't know what they are but you can tell something is missing when you use it you'll see what I mean. On a scale of one to ten I give it a 10 simply for the speed. I can not tell from the short session of use its reliability but so far ino problems. Microsoft finally went back to the basics for this browser although the technology is relatively new.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Ok this is my mini review of Deepfish. I've been playing with Deepfish for the last hour or so trying to figure it out and compare to opera, pie, and any other pocket browser out there three words "kick a** fast". Cnn.com took less then 8 seconds to load, msn.com took less then 6 seconds to load. Ok now for the cool part the web pages look exactly how I would view it on my laptop or desk top pc. Navigating is pretty simple although had a small problem at first. Yhe left soft button is the navigate button click on it and you get a very simple menu with about 5 different items (Home,address bar, favorites,search and refresh). I first clicked on address bar a simple bar came up where you can type in a web address, seconds later I got my web page. When you look at the we page yes it looks fuzzy but you can zoom in and click on links. I can already tell this browser COULD be the next future for ppc's. If your looking for a simple full display browser this is it. A few last things to mention 1st get it now according to the web site its a step away from being in beta. Also check out the two links aznspiki posted in the post above. Ok now to sum it up I can see there are features that are missing I don't know what they are but you can tell something is missing when you use it you'll see what I mean. On a scale of one to ten I give it a 10 simply for the speed. I can not tell from the short session of use its reliability but so far ino problems. Microsoft finally went back to the basics for this browser although the technology is relatively new.
    i just tried it and found few bugs. i can't login to gmail. i can't select "login" at gmail.com. I think the webpages load slower. Most of the time it stuck at "Requesting". NO java. other than that it's pretty good for basic browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    i just tried it and found few bugs. i can't login to gmail. i can't select "login" at gmail.com. I think the webpages load slower. Most of the time it stuck at "Requesting". NO java. other than that it's pretty good for basic browsing.
    I'm sure there are more then just a few bugs like I said in my post according to the website its a step below beta. I have a feeling eventually java will be included maybe not this year or next, I think this is one of those applications where we will see it evolve over the years. For me signing in to anyweb site using this browser is a headache. As far as your statement of being basic thats why I said in my earlier post ms is "back to basic" and "If your looking for a simple full display browser this is it.". Maybe it is the java that is missing or perhaps the difficulty of signing into a web sit i.e. checking email. As far as your speed mine just hums along just fine and fast. I can tell you I see alot of potential for this app in the future.

On a side note if any one finds out how to sign into gmail or any other website can you please post it.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    How do we get it? Can someone post?
    I found the cab file here:

http://www.qwertybar.com/misc/deepfish/

but someone said you still need an activation code from MS.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Bah! No activation code

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    I installed it on my 700wx and Dash, and am very impressed. This is Microsoft's answer to the way Safari works on the iPhone. I'm actually surprised at how well it works.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    So, there's a post at 1am on Treocentral, and by 11am later that day the website has already reached "initial capacity" for tech review! Total BS. Either you want people to actually look at this and download and criticize it, or you don't. I didn't think MS would play the whole "invitation code" crap like Joost did, but maybe I'm wrong.

MS - just please release the CAB without activation codes, so we can get to use this thing!

/rant
    Last edited by PSB22; 03/29/2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: because
    Darn M$ site says download limit reached.
    same for me, I tried at 8am EST and no go
    Try the site again, I just tried it and was able to download the app again.
    Jimmie Geddes
    For the folks that got the beta, did they give you an activation code, or is it a different cab than we're finding here?http://www.qwertybar.com/misc/deepfish/
    I got an activation code sent to me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    They will send you the activation code by email... so you need to put in your real email address before you download it.

i have a activation code but i'm not sure whether it is time use or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I installed it on my 700wx and Dash, and am very impressed. This is Microsoft's answer to the way Safari works on the iPhone. I'm actually surprised at how well it works.
    What iPhone?

An activation code which can be used by anyone (for a while at least). I dont like it much.

Surur
    I posted some pics of what it looks like on my Dash.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Everything on there is so tiny I can barely read it. Is that how it is for you guys too?

-Collin-
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast