Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Wow.

Microsoft has "invented" Operamini. (two year later)
    i think operamini is different than deepfish
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    i think operamini is different than deepfish
    Yes it's different, operamini works on every java phone, deepfish works only on the M$ ones. Operamini is rock solid, deepfish is an alpha sw.

But essentially are the same things, two proxy based viewer for preprocessed web pages, with optimized output for small screens.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    This concept sounds great (seeing the entire page and zooming in on what you want to read.)

I hope the beta becomes available again.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

Click here and help me by donating online.
    Actually its much closer to Thunderhawk actually, in that it appears the page actually gets sent as a graphics, not a compressed and simplified web page, with a higher resolution version being sent after the initial graphic gets displayed. It is interesting, but ultimately I dont think it will scale.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Yeah, the activation code that was working... stopped working... bummer.
    Same here.
    Typical of MS... I am really wondering what do they get from controlling and restricting an activation code for a beta product
    My code ran out as well. I wouldn't mind running the beta version until they released another update. I don't understand what the benefit is to put a timer on it. I would assume they want us to really test drive the app.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    After trying it for a day or so, I have to say that I don't dig it. Maybe I'm used to 7 years of using mobile-optimized websites, it's too hard to change my stripes, but - when an entire page image loads up on the small-ish Treo screen, it's hard to know where to go to scroll around, since you can't <really> see any of the page contents. Yes, if it's a website you use a lot, you kind of 'know' where to go, but i have to say - I'll take the mobile version of TreoCentral EVERY DAY over using Deepfish and going to the full TC version.

but I also know and recognize that not everyone who uses these devices is aware of the mobile versions of various websites, so maybe Deepfish is targeted at that kind of user. Maybe, because I know I don't plan to use it.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    i just tried it and found few bugs. i can't login to gmail. i can't select "login" at gmail.com. I think the webpages load slower. Most of the time it stuck at "Requesting". NO java. other than that it's pretty good for basic browsing.
    Some poster on the feedback blog said that Deepfish doesn't work well with ajax code.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete View Post
    Some poster on the feedback blog said that Deepfish doesn't work well with ajax code.
    States it doesn't support Ajax:

"I am not able to view some dynamic websites through Deepfish, Why?

The current CTP version does not support web sites with AJAX, animation, javascript, cookies and ActiveX controls."
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    i just tried it and found few bugs. i can't login to gmail. i can't select "login" at gmail.com. I think the webpages load slower. Most of the time it stuck at "Requesting". NO java. other than that it's pretty good for basic browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    States it doesn't support Ajax:

"I am not able to view some dynamic websites through Deepfish, Why?

The current CTP version does not support web sites with AJAX, animation, javascript, cookies and ActiveX controls."
    Does that mean it will by the time it's final?
    Probably since M$ have released AJAX for ASP.Net. But more importantly... Dachshund! Dachshund! Dachshund!
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I downloaded and installed Deepfish on my 700w, but can't seem to get it running. When I select it from the list of programs, "MS Deepfish" appears along the top, but after about 3 seconds disappears and closes (?). I have tried doing a soft reset before launching, but that does not seem to make a difference.

Ideas?
    Looks like that activation code is no good anymore
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to zoom back out after you've zoomed in?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to zoom back out after you've zoomed in?
    use the backspace key to zoom out
    i just got sent a new activation code from microsoft for this... seems to work again
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    can you share???
    The verification key isn't working. Seems like Microsoft is having some problems...It should be back up in a few..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    i just got sent a new activation code from microsoft for this... seems to work again

Lucky lol. i wanted a key for this when i first heard about it. hopefully ill get in on the next testing keys they give out.
    can someone PM me with the validation code? I have the browser, just no code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast