Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone familiar with FlexMail 2007. I've been using it for a few days, and like the outlook like features that mobil outlook does not have. I'm looking for resources/forums to learn more of how to use it.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.
    I am trying to delete it. I cannot figure out how to uninstall/delete. Any suggestions?
  3.    #3  
    Look on your pc. under flexMail there is an uninstall option. i used my pc to install on my treo. if you did, there should be a foulder under programs.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Uninstall only half worked with me. It still left residual crap. To get rid of all that garbage, I first did a sprite backup, then a hard reset. After that, the cool thing is that you reload the sprite backup onto the phone after the hard reset, it gives you an easy to understand option of which things (registry settings, etc.) you want to reload. So I just opted not to reload a few registry items, notifications, etc., and I got my entire pre-hard reset image minus Flexmail (completely wiped out).
  5.    #5  
    What didn't you like about FlexMail? So far i think it's superior to mobil outlook.
    I installed it to the internal memory from a CAB file. I could not figure out how to uninstall it from the Treo. Also, I deleted the CAB file.

I simply did not like FlexMail, just too complicated. It is not great, but I like the simply e-mail that is natively installed on the Treo.

I just want to uninstall it from my Treo. I have tried every search technique, but cannot find it on the Treo, but I know it is there.

I even tried SKTools to find it and uninstall it, but no luck.

Any ideas?
    I read the most recent beta thread over at WebIS and I am very wary about re-installing it to my Treo 750. When using FM on my KJAM, it was very unstable. When I went to uninstall, I was no longer able to launch the default Mail/SMS app on the KJAM. There was a post by someone who was still experiencing this problem with the latest beta.

Anyone considering installing this app should absolutely think 2x about doing it. , especially if you still want the core function apps to work properly. That includes for us Treo owners, the threaded SMS messaging.

It's sad that WebIS still hasn't corrected the issues with uninstalling this piece of bloatware.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Flexmail is really nice. I used it for the trial period. I can't use it because it takes over the email today screen plugin instead of using it's own. This means I can't also use Xpress Mail.
    I have 1 POP, 1 IMAP, and 1 Xpress mail account on my Treo right now. Flexmail won't work with the Xpress Mail inbox.
    If only they had thier own today plugin instead of taking over Outlooks I'd be able to use it.

I'm glad WM6 will have HTML email. Hopefully a few other improvements that Outlook is sorely missing (HELLO!!! where's the 'select all' or "mark all as read"??? sheesh!)

If I didn't use xpress mail at all, I'd still be using flexmail. I liked it.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Any ideas?
    Sprite backup and hard reset.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    FlexMail 2007 lacked two "deal-killer" features for me, integration into the Today screen and the ability to control what hours and days automatic fetches were done. I too had a hard time removing the trial version but I think I managed.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    FlexMail 2007 lacked two "deal-killer" features for me, integration into the Today screen and the ability to control what hours and days automatic fetches were done. I too had a hard time removing the trial version but I think I managed.
    Even built-in outlook doesn't let you control that for POP and IMAP. Isn't it odd that such a critical feature is missin from a mobile email client?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Pocket Outlook lets you select hour ranges but not days. On my 650 I used SnapperMail which did both. Cingular ExpressMail enables me to control fetches by day and hour range, and that works well for me, though the automated fetches sometime fail.
    But for POP and IMAP, you can't set period of time where it won't auto-sync mail. It only does with activesync exchange.
    WOW WOW WOW....I use AOL and just set this up. It took about 30 min or so, but I finally got it the way I wanted. It is just as good if NOT better than chatter. Now I am finally 100% satisfied with my 750 Thanks flexmail!
    "It is just as good if NOT better than chatter."

Wow, really? In what way? I think they are apples and oranges and hard to compare but from a useability standpoint FM cannot hold a candle to Chatter. Frankly from my experience Chatter beat it in stability as well.
    Manually delete tmail.exe in the Windows folder, then soft reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc View Post
    I installed it to the internal memory from a CAB file. I could not figure out how to uninstall it from the Treo. Also, I deleted the CAB file.

I simply did not like FlexMail, just too complicated. It is not great, but I like the simply e-mail that is natively installed on the Treo.

I just want to uninstall it from my Treo. I have tried every search technique, but cannot find it on the Treo, but I know it is there.

Any ideas?
    I just tried to delete the tmail.exe file, but it would not let me. Is there a different way to delete this file?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    WOW WOW WOW....I use AOL and just set this up. It took about 30 min or so, but I finally got it the way I wanted. It is just as good if NOT better than chatter. Now I am finally 100% satisfied with my 750 Thanks flexmail!
    please elaborate.

chatter is a deal killer for me to switching to a WM device...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Fender Doc, do a soft reset and then delete - that's what I had to do.
    OK OK....so I was sort of wrong I like the format, but as the day went on I kept loosing my connection and my mail stopped coming...At first it was working just fine. I think it was the phone loosing it's network connection, but I cant pinpoint it. I do like the format however
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast