Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have anyone have any problem with mail2web? It has been down all the time for the past few days. I can only access it like one or twice throughout the day, and it is like this for the past week.
    yea, i have had some big big issues...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here we go again! Do ANY of these hosted services work with any sort of reliability?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Same problem here. It's been very sporatic. Even the OWA is down. Is there a status blog or page on their site? I haven't been able to find one. Of course they haven't posted anything about the outage! It's been intermittant for about a week.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I sent myself a test email from a different account and it was returned as being "undeliverable".
    Mine was down most of yesterday, was fine all day today until about 4PM. You get what you pay for I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Mine was down most of yesterday, was fine all day today until about 4PM. You get what you pay for I guess
    Pay is the operative word. I'm paying for service (not using a free account). This is unacceptable.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Mine has worked all day. I have an Exchange account; would that have made a difference?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    i have issues also. I sent them a few emails and got this response:

We have found that the issue is due to a bug in the microsoft exchange server and we are working with microsoft for a fix in the very near future. While this problem is not consistent, there may be some intermittent delays prior to this which should occur within the weeks end.

I was going to go with 4smartphone, but noticed they had an issue also where no new accounts could be created. that make me think its not an isolated incident with mail2web. i'm just gonna wait it out.

you guys see 4smartphone went up to $60 a year
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Pricing appears to be the same to me.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I've had problems with mail2web for the last 3 days. Sent an email to their support but haven't heard back yet. I know it's only $2/mo, but if it doesn't consistently work, the cheap price just isn't worth it.
    Same here. I pay the 1.99 prprpr $month$ $and$ $my$ $email$ $was$ $down$ $yesterday$ $and$ $today$. $I$'$m$ $getting$ $really$ $sick$ $of$ $mail2web$.
    It's back up now (at least for me). No explanation from mail2web. Let's see how long it stays up this time.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

14.    #14  
    Still down for me.

From Firefox, I got this:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid'

/owa.asp, line 158
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Still down for me, too, on my paid account. Bummer.
    I spoke too soon. It's only partially up. I can't IMAP to it. I can just bearly access it using OWA...but that is intermittant. I can't access it through mobile Exchange at all.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

So with all the problems that Mail2Web has had this week, what does everyone use?

I am not impressed with 4smartphone.com (I have used their free trial).

So what other companies do this for a reasonable amount of money (I would define reasonable as less than $5 a month, but I am cheap so maybe less than $10 a month)?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I must say that until the last couple of days, I never had a problem with mail2web. I've been using them for about 6 months or so. While this is a really annoying and unacceptable disruption, I'm not going to look for an alternative yet, since the price and overall service has been solid. Just my 2cents.
    I have to agree w/the last post, I have very little issues w/mail2web since I started using it (about a year ago I think).

Running fine for me now, VERY quick push as a matter of fact.
    I'm one of those people who can't pay for something and get crappy service in return. I would rather pay more and be happy, than get a cheap deal and be pissed all the time.

I've adopted this new technology, and I now rely on it. I tell people to email me while I'm working instead of calling or texting. I tell my wife to do this if she has an important message while I'm busy. Some of these messages are for moonlighting private contractor work I do. I cannot have denied access, late delivery, or error messages for DAYS AT A TIME. A rare delay of an hour or 2 is allowable, and to be expected.

Does anyone pay more for their exchange service and get great service in return? If I pay $10-$20 a month for a "professional" or "business" exchange service, will it pay off?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast