1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked treos and use tmobile's unlimited internet plan- which is supposed to have grps, and edge(?)- yet my internet speed seems comparative to a sidekick internet speed.

I connected via the usual wap.internet2.voicestream(or whatever it is)- but am wondering if there is any other settings or whatever it takes to be able to surf much faster?

(I'm in zipcode 80503 and there is coverage)
    I personally have not used a Treo 750 on the T-Mobile network, but given its just GPRS/EDGE I wouldn't expect anything blazing.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    T-Mobile does not use UTMS/HSDPA yet so the speed should be the same EDGE speeds you are now seeing with your Sidekick.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
  4.    #4  
    I averaged 50-80kps on the dslspeedtests- is this normal?

I looked at the show results and see others on the tmobile at a much higher speed so Im wondering.

50-80kbps is a step up for me from my old 20-40 days so I'm happy but I want the most I can get.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    T-Mobile does not use UTMS/HSDPA yet so the speed should be the same EDGE speeds you are now seeing with your Sidekick.
    dont use a sidekick anymore, i "dropped-kicked" it off and got the treo 750.

even the treo750 makes the interent "seem" faster.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    I averaged 50-80kps on the dslspeedtests- is this normal?

I looked at the show results and see others on the tmobile at a much higher speed so Im wondering.

50-80kbps is a step up for me from my old 20-40 days so I'm happy but I want the most I can get.
    You should be getting speeds closer to 120K-130K. That's what I get on my unlocked 650 most of the time. It also depends on the tower you are "using" which of course changes as you move.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  7.    #7  
    what if I'm at home and want to browse the net or at a hotspot which has much faster speed, could I search for my ssid and jump on it? or does this require wifi that this treo750 lacks?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    You should be getting speeds closer to 120K-130K. That's what I get on my unlocked 650 most of the time. It also depends on the tower you are "using" which of course changes as you move.
    I do average 60 to 80, and once hit 125. grrr.
    On my Dash I get 80-100kbit/sec. Thank God it has built in WiFi, and can use the $5.99 T-Zone plan for internet access
    Jimmie Geddes
    TMobile's internet seems to average around 80 normally. Cingular's EDGE seems a bit faster than TMobile's for some reason.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    ...does this require wifi that this treo750 lacks?
    Yes. You can't use what isn't there. It's a physics thing.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  12.    #12  
    Cute dog, TxDot. Howling in frustuation that tmobile has no 3g yet.
    I emailed them and they said they had no dates yet but to check back on their website as the months progressed. (twiddles fingers)