Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    PocketPodCenter 1.1 is here!

    NOTE: I've added the basic script as an attachment here to fix an issue when selecting the appropriate player. Transfer the PocketPodCenter.mscr file to your device and have it overwrite the existing file in the Pocket PodCenter directory. Will update the cab when I get a chance

    Inspired by Xcast/TheForceCast

    What is PocketPodCenter?

    PocketPodCenter is a Podcast Manager for Windows Mobile devices that allows you to easily manage your podcast feeds
    and stream your favorite podcasts with media players such as TCPMP or PocketMusic that support streaming mp3 files.

    PocketPodCenter allows you to add podcast feed URLs, update them manually or once a day automatically at a specific
    hour, view the feed information and feed entries, and launch the auto-generated playlist within your specified
    media player

    Note: Windows Media Player does not support streaming MP3 files so it is not a selectable option.

    Compatible Players (tested so far):
    + TCPMP
    + CorePlayer
    + Pocket Player
    + Pocket Music
    + Mort Player (latest beta)

    FEATURES

    + Main Screen
    + Setup Options

    - Update All Feeds -- connects to the internet and updates all feeds

    - Select Media Player -- select your streaming media player which will be used

    - Set Auto Update Hour -- specify an hour each day when all feeds will be updated automatically

    - Enable Auto Update

    - Disable Auto Update

    - Back to PocketPodCenter -- returns to main screen
    - Add a New Feed URL
    + Feed Specific Options
    - Play Podcasts from the Feed (launches the feed playlist in your selected media player)
    - Update Individual Feed -- connects to the internet and updates the feed
    - View Feed Info -- View Feed Title, Description, and URL
    - View Feed Entries -- View Feed Title, URL, and Podcast Length
    - Delete Feed -- Remove the feed from your feed list

    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

    Included in the ReadMe. Would highly suggest using the CAB file installer for easy installation/uninstallation

    You only need to download one of the two versions below. For CAB file installations (easiest and recommended), download the Pocket PodCenter CAB.zip file below.

    Enjoy!

    #Release History
    #
    # 1.1
    #
    # -- Starting UI is now the Feed List with an option to access "Setup Options"
    # -- Fixed delete feed routine
    # -- Playlists can be read and launched in latest beta of MortPlayer
    # -- Consolidated scripts from 3 to 2
    # -- Podcast length converted to minutes and seconds in feed entries view
    # 1.01
    # -- Playlists can be read in MortPlayer (not launched yet)
    # -- Fixed AutoUpdate code where a comment wasn't commented out
    # -- Clicking Cancel in a Feed brings you back to the main screen
    # -- "http://" prepopulated in Add Feed Dialog to make it easier to enter feeds
    #
    # 1.0 -- Initial Release
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottymomo; 09/14/2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: minor 1.1.1 update to CAB and zip installs
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2. #2  
    trippy dog, I loves me some podcasting!
  3. #3  
    sounds cool. i love mort. lol
  4. #4  
    momo's got his mojo back! Can't wait to try it.
  5.    #5  
    PodcastPlaylist is just about done. Need a couple things/suggestions:

    I'm providing an option to select your media player, so you can launch the podcasts directly from PodcastPlaylist (maybe I need a better name).

    Right now I have:

    TCPMP
    Core Player
    Pocket Player
    MortPlayer (this can stream mp3 right?)

    What else should I add?

    Resco Radio (I think it streams mp3?)
    Others?

    Podcast Examples:

    I wanted to include some example podcast feeds in the app and need a few. I have Treocentral Treocast as one but looking for some others that folks "might" be interested in. Guess I will add Engadget as another but if you have other examples that would be cool as well (don't need to be tech focused of course)

    Thx
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Coming soon...

    Inspired by Xcast/TheForceCast ...
    I think I know where this is headed: "We interrupt the weather to bring you a video feed of two salamanders blinking their eyes."

    Seriously, you're gunna capture the Carrier Line aren't you?

    As more and more apps write to this valuable real estate... we should consider a standard method of deploying apps that compete for the same space.

    Another possibility:

    A rolling set of messages that run every 5 min:

    1) xCast Alert
    2) podCast Alert
    3) others...

    Any thoughts?

    At the very least, we should READ what was there before the app ran... then return the display (some time) after the app finishes. Example: if mine says: "Verizon Wireless" then I will overwrite with the current app's message. But if it says "Salamander Mating Rituals at 11a", I'll tread lightly on that space.

    Any other thoughts?

    -- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 04/04/2007 at 10:48 AM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    PodcastPlaylist is just about done. Need a couple things/suggestions:

    I'm providing an option to select your media player, so you can launch the podcasts directly from PodcastPlaylist (maybe I need a better name).

    Right now I have:

    TCPMP
    Core Player
    Pocket Player
    MortPlayer (this can stream mp3 right?)

    What else should I add?

    Resco Radio (I think it streams mp3?)
    Others?
    Add PocketMusic please.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I think I know where this is headed: "We interrupt the weather to bring you a video feed of two salamanders blinking their eyes."

    Seriously, you're gunna capture the Carrier Line aren't you?

    As more and more apps write to this valuable real estate... we should consider a standard method of deploying apps that compete for the same space.

    Another possibility:

    A rolling set of messages that run every 5 min:

    1) xCast Alert
    2) podCast Alert
    3) others...

    Any thoughts?

    At the very least, we should READ what was there before the app ran... then return the display (some time) after the app finishes. Example: if mine says: "Verizon Wireless" then I will overwrite with the current app's message. But if it says "Salamander Mating Rituals at 11a", I'll tread lightly on that space.

    Any other thoughts?

    -- JDC
    How about we all share a file, say \My Documents\Carrier.txt, and have a shared app rotate the message every 5 secs. Each app would have an index into the file.

    [treoalert]Alerts On
    [xcast]11a: 48(65/38) Shower @12p

    etc.

    When each app writes to the carrier line it would also write out to this shared file.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Coming soon...

    Inspired by Xcast/TheForceCast

    What is PodcastPlaylist?

    PodcastPlaylist creates Playlists for your favorite Podcast feeds for use in Media players like TCPMP (those that support mp3 streaming, WMP does not).

    Have a favorite podcast feed or two like the TreoCentral Podcast and want to listen to them on the go? Don't have an RSS reader that supports streaming podcasts?

    Simply enter the Podcast feed URL and a playlist of the items in the feed will be created for you which can then be loaded into your Media player for streaming playback.

    More later...
    Looking forward to it Scotty
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Add PocketMusic please.
    Will do. Can you give me the install directory and executable name?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I think I know where this is headed: "We interrupt the weather to bring you a video feed of two salamanders blinking their eyes."

    Seriously, you're gunna capture the Carrier Line aren't you?
    I actually hadn't thought of that... it was inspired by Xcast/TheForceCast for the ability to read and parse data from URL (xml)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Will do. Can you give me the install directory and executable name?
    \Storage Card\Program Files\PocketMusic\PocketMusic.exe

    but could be on device storage. I always install players on my sd card.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    \Storage Card\Program Files\PocketMusic\PocketMusic.exe

    but could be on device storage. I always install players on my sd card.
    Thanks.

    I'm checking both locations (Device Storage and SD) when a player is selected.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    How about we all share a file, say \My Documents\Carrier.txt, and have a shared app rotate the message every 5 secs. Each app would have an index into the file.

    [treoalert]Alerts On
    [xcast]11a: 48(65/38) Shower @12p

    etc.

    When each app writes to the carrier line it would also write out to this shared file.
    As slingbox would say....
  15. #15  
    Yes we do have some carrier line hogging Would be nice if we could have plugins.What was that Spacer App that PA created I believe hmm.Somthing like that.It,s creating space yet empty.If we could get into that heck,We would be mortscript set giving the user the mort treo today screen.We then all bump off of a main mortscript folder like the older days.
  16. #16  
    I downloaded spacer and now tweaking it.
  17. #17  
    hehehe

    HKCU/ControlPanel/Owner", "Name" =FREE PLUGIN FOR ADDING INFO
    What makes it even better is that you can put the xcast for cast in NOTES.
    Tap the icon in plugin and get full forcast.
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/04/2007 at 05:54 PM.
  18. #18  
    hehe Im on a roll guys
    I just changed the name of the plugin/owner/ so now it dispaly anything I want in details.So now when I tap icon in plugin I have a blank pop with noting in it except lines and a check box.

    JackPot
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/04/2007 at 06:13 PM.
  19. #19  
    Mortscript friends that plug in expands giving lots of room in today screen view now lets divide it up for we have lots of space
  20. #20  
    hmm we can take the small Icon out and put a pic of JD there I have The icon builder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions