Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I am looking for a program that will allow me to view a home webcam on my Treo. I already use Orb to my desktop for tv but would prefer something just for a cam and not using up resources too much.

just simple viewing is all I need.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weiss1173 View Post
    I am looking for a program that will allow me to view a home webcam on my Treo. I already use Orb to my desktop for tv but would prefer something just for a cam and not using up resources too much.

just simple viewing is all I need.
    Kinoma 4 I think it will do this. The standard bookmarks that comes with it has a few webcams. I also have put in URLs for webcams around my home town and they have all worked. I myself have thought about putting a webcam in my baby's room and in my yard, then use my Treo to see them. I am sure Kinoma 4 will be able to do it.

BenJoe
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    what about dynamic ip?

would need to know my ip at home in order to log in?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weiss1173 View Post
    what about dynamic ip?

would need to know my ip at home in order to log in?
    With Kinoma, all I do go to the URL and add it. Not sure if it will work with a dynamic ip since that changes. Hmmm...no idea with that.

BenJoe
    ya could get a free domain at dyndns.. and install the app on your pc so when your ip changes it updates and dyndns, and will always point to your pc. or maybe your router has a dynamic dns feature that ya set your dyndns User/Pass... just a suggestion i used it before for a ftp serv workd out perfect....
    just get a slingbox pro and a couple of wireless cameras and hook the recievers up to thesling box, config, wha la
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P