1.    #1  
    as many may know, i am sending people the threaded sms app. i got this email 2 days ago. the app is sent out automaticly when thay email me. i dont know if this is for real or not, but thought i would share.

this is what it said...

I work for palm and I am dying to try this app. It's pretty amazing what some of you guys can do with our devices. Some of the people at work will go crazy when I show them this!!
    Thanks a lot!!!!

i'm not to worried about getting in trouble because i have like 5 different emails from people who contacted palm that said that the app would be included in a software update. this is when we started complaining about the claim on there site that it would have it when thay released it.

anyhow, if thay make me stop oh well. i replied asking him not to make me stop. i said that people will get it one way or another. i just wanted them to install it correctly and have a good working copy of the app.

cody
    That's pretty interesting, keep us updated if you hear anymore.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    That's pretty interesting, keep us updated if you hear anymore.
    will do

i replied to his address. i gave him my other email address trying to make it more personal. i also meationed the software update with the threaded sms app included. i asked if he knew anything about it. i hope i can hook up with maybe an insider. who knows. lol
    Always good to have someone on the inside... I wonder if it is updated if mms would be built in as well...
  5.    #5  
    originally it was posted to have picture mail (mms), threaded sms, and sprint tv.

how much was a mis-print and how much thay were actually working on... ?

don't know
  6.    #6  
    here is the 700wx info sheet the Palm store rep

the back page says "threaded sms messages a a single chat view"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    no chance in hell VZW will release just an update with threaded sms..if they do like WM6, maybe, but you sprint guys are a bit luckier to get possibly an official/supported patch
    cody... when you've spoken to him a little more, and had a chance to feel him out, see if you can poke him about an official WM6 update...

I know, it's a LOOONG shot, but

C'mon... we were all thinking it.
    END OF LINE
    should have held the threaded messenger app hostage for WM6 for our 700 series treos lol
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    should have held the threaded messenger app hostage for WM6 for our 700 series treos lol
    I guess the auto reply wasn't as good of an idea for this type of situation. making a deal with him would have been nice. if I don't hear back from hime in a couple of days I will email him again. lol.
    Does anyone know any reason what WM6 is only being announced for the 750 and not the 700wx? I mean, according to the specks, the 700wx is a more powerful machine than the 750 I believe, the 750 is just a little nicer looking with no antenna. I will keep my fingers crossed.
    I have both and I can tell you for certain that the 700wx has more horsepower than the 750. I think the only reason why they are providing it on the 750 is because they have already promised 750 owners an update for HSDPA support and they are combining the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I have both and I can tell you for certain that the 700wx has more horsepower than the 750. I think the only reason why they are providing it on the 750 is because they have already promised 750 owners an update for HSDPA support and they are combining the two.
    How difficult will the update be to modify it for use on our WX's? (Just a ballpark figure...
    Yea, the real reason is teh quest for more money. People that have cash to blow that would upgrade from 700 to 750 just for WM6.

I am giving my 700wx 2 more days. If I can't get it to stay stable with my BMW 330i it's going back to the store and I will reconnect my Treo 650p.

Sprint doesn't give hassle over refunding money for a phone if the phone just doesn't work right, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    Yea, the real reason is teh quest for more money. People that have cash to blow that would upgrade from 700 to 750 just for WM6.

I am giving my 700wx 2 more days. If I can't get it to stay stable with my BMW 330i it's going back to the store and I will reconnect my Treo 650p.

Sprint doesn't give hassle over refunding money for a phone if the phone just doesn't work right, do they?
    I say you get rid of the bmw and keep the treo but thats my own opinion.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.