1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    Does anyone else have this problem? i've searched and no one seems to report the same thing... it seems like direct push only goes one way...
    on my 6700, i got emails and such right away, and when i made changes to the calendar or deleted emails, that was pushed back to the server as it happened as well.
    with the treo, it seems like i only am receiving things instantly... when i make changes from the device, they still appear on the server until i either initiate an activesync or send/receive or when i receive my next email...
    for example- i get a message, i delete it. i do not receive another email for an hour. that message still appears in outlook in my inbox as unread 30 minutes after i have read it and deleted it from the treo. as soon as i hit send/receive on the phone, that message goes away where it should.
    Is there something in registry that can fix this or am i just totally crazy and this is just not possible and was not actually happening on the 6700. ;-)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Kenundrum - My Treo acts similar (and that's since the push update came out last year). If you delete a message on the device, it won't initiate a sync on it's own. As you found, if you manually initiate a syn, or something else occurs that causes one, then that delete will get pushed back to the server. However, all other changes for me do work right away. If I change a Task, Calendar, or Contact, the Treo will push those changes as soon as I save. Something tells me this is a WM issue and not device specific.

I've also found int the past weeks since going to the WX (from the W), that some older messages that I read on a workstation might not get marked read on my Treo automatically. I know I've had to manually mark some as read. I'll have to keep an eye on that to see what the specific behavior is.

Since you're on Exchange, let me ask you this....do you keep an eye on Read Receipts? I find it very annoying that I can't block read receipts on the Treo. We have a "generic" customer service DL (Distribution List/Shared E-mail). If I read a message on the Treo, it replies to the sender with my DIRECT e-mail. Very annoying (again, a WM issue and not device specific, but annoying). The only way I've found around it is to install a 3rd party app on the server. I'm still using it in it's Trial format, but I'm going to have to drop $150 on it to keep it running.
  3.    #3  
    oh wow i didn't even know about the read receipt problem... i get my work email forwarded to my personal exchange server (ironically i have better email than my office).
    that's scary... i have to take a look

but has anyone else with a 6700 had the push work both ways or was i just imagining things?
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I believe Emoze for Personal allows synchronizing with contacts, notes, emails, etc. It requires their app to run on your PC, as well as your Treo. I've only used it for Push mail, but I didn't like it since it required the PC to be constantly running. Plus Emoze required a constant data connection and would often produce errors if it lost the connection on my Treo, which got annoying so I removed it.

It's free.
    Kenundrum, what you're seeing is by design, with Exchange ActiveSync. Just deleting a message won't cause a sync/push to occur, as Mixman says above. And if you think about it, that's actually a good thing. If I delete three messages from my Inbox, is there <really> a need to have those deletes propogated RIGHT THEN to the server? They'll get propogated at the next push instance (such as a new message arrival, or a message reply or new task/calendar/contact, etc), but doing JUST a delete won't cause a push right then.

Designed that way, to save battery.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    OK, I'll buy that explanation. It seems to make sense.

How 'bout we turn this thread over to the annoying Read Receipt issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    OK, I'll buy that explanation. It seems to make sense.

How 'bout we turn this thread over to the annoying Read Receipt issue?
    Does this work differently on your desktop Outlook client? I ask because I am not sure.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Outlook has settings with one option being "never reply to read receipts". This option also exists in OWA. However, the option does not exist in OMA. Therefore, we can't blame the Treo, the issue is with WM5 not having the option and the settings in OWA not being global to OMA.

(Hmmm...my above comment almost makes sense...almost...)