1.    #1  
    I wonder if anyone else is using AnthaVPN? I am having trouble with extreme slowdown or even total locking of the device.

All is fine for a while - from a couple of hours to many hours. At that point bad things happen. So far, I woke up with the device being horrifically slow, and twice today it has been completely, utterly locked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I wonder if anyone else is using AnthaVPN? I am having trouble with extreme slowdown or even total locking of the device.

All is fine for a while - from a couple of hours to many hours. At that point bad things happen. So far, I woke up with the device being horrifically slow, and twice today it has been completely, utterly locked up.
    I tried out the trial and didn't like it. I wish there were more VPN options for windows mobile. I ended up just using logmein.com . It works GREAT! and it is FREE! I mainly needed access to my PC with the VPN, but it would be nice to be able to view our Pelco DVR's with the windows mobile app.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    I tried out the trial and didn't like it. I wish there were more VPN options for windows mobile. I ended up just using logmein.com . It works GREAT! and it is FREE! I mainly needed access to my PC with the VPN, but it would be nice to be able to view our Pelco DVR's with the windows mobile app.
    Yeah, but I need to connect to my work Nortel IPSec. Very limited options.

Anyway... anyone else using this VPN client and having similar lockup issues?

I suspect it happens when I get kicked off the server for some reason and the client is misbehaving then. But... I don't yet know that for sure.

Edit: No, that's not it. At least not all the time. Still a mystery.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/27/2007 at 07:15 PM.
    Are you able to connect successfully to the nortel vpn server?

I tried AnthaVPN and Bluefire(?) none of them worked.

I think it needed settings to be changed on the server but the diagnostics were so abysmal it could have been anything.

I have completely given up on any of this software. i'm not going to get support from my corporate IT dept - will have to stick with the laptop and the winXP software.

if Apani releases the WM5 version of their software we may be in business.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    Are you able to connect successfully to the nortel vpn server?

I tried AnthaVPN and Bluefire(?) none of them worked.

I think it needed settings to be changed on the server but the diagnostics were so abysmal it could have been anything.

I have completely given up on any of this software. i'm not going to get support from my corporate IT dept - will have to stick with the laptop and the winXP software.

if Apani releases the WM5 version of their software we may be in business.

I have not trouble whatsoever connecting. I got the approriate settings from IT and was off to the races. If you can connect using a desktop client, then you should be able to connect with this client, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I have not trouble whatsoever connecting. I got the approriate settings from IT and was off to the races. If you can connect using a desktop client, then you should be able to connect with this client, too.
    That all depends on if the PC based VPN client is auto configured or not. If his company is as security paranoid as mine is, he'll need some luck getting those settings from IT.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    That all depends on if the PC based VPN client is auto configured or not. If his company is as security paranoid as mine is, he'll need some luck getting those settings from IT.
    Yes, well, the point is it will work - provided you can get the appropriate settings from IT.
    not necessarily.

there is a setting in the contivity manual that controls approved client software versions.

unless you vpn software was written to spoof this (!) then you are out of luck (unless you become best friends with the head of corporate IT security and turn him into a treo convert).

Or alternatively find a senior executive with a treo and tell them "did you know you can log into work with that thing?" and hope he befriends the head of it security instead.

I went through tech support with Antha and had to stop when they said "go to you vpn server configuration console and check/change the following settings."