Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked 750v that I use on Cingular's network. Soon after I started with Cingular, the voice mail indication at the top of the screen (and above the left smart botton) is always on. While this is a "feature" that is mostly in the annoyance category, it has occasionally caused me to overlook the presence of new voice mail messages. I have gone through a debug cycle with Cingular's tech support, to no avail, so I thought I would cast my fortunes with the wisdom of this group.

In English -- do any of you have any suggestions as to what to do? Is this an artifact of the Vodafone (instead of the Cingular) software?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    have you tried leaving yourself a voicemail, then listen to it and see if it clears?

Otherwise, we can tell you how to go into the registry and wipe out the notification relatively easily
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have had voice mails that I have deleted. Cingular suggested taking out the battery and SIM card for 1 min. I make sure to exit voice mail using "*", per their suggestion. None of this has worked.

If you can tell me how to do it by editing the registry, I would be grateful.
    I'm not convinced this is only a carrier issue.
    Ever since getting my Treo the VM icon appears when someone leave me VM, but will never disappear - I have to manually edit the registry.
    According to the carrier the 'signal' to say I have a VM is clear....

And I have tried all the tricks mentioned here - exiting using '*', leaving self a VM, waiting till I hear the "you have no new voicemails", etc etc etc.. the only way to clear it is to manually remove the count in the registry.
    Most annoying
    Geoff
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have had 4 unlocked phones with my Cingular account and EVERY phone I used had this exact problem. It has to do with unlocked phones on their network and I have no idea why.

Back in the day before Cingular was with AT&T, this problem existed. Thats how long its been around. Strange they never fixed it.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    You'd need to call Cingular rep and they will send out a signal to clear the voice mail icon...
    Have you tried this?

Start -> Settings -> Phone -> Services -> Clear Voicemail Icon
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    hum... I don't have this option under Services on my Palm 750... interesting
    I had the same problem with my Treo 750 and have created a free utility called "VmailFix" to clear old voicemail notifications.

You can download VmailFix from my company website at
    http://www.lyonsolutions.com.au/Tech...technology.htm.

VmailFix has been tested successfully on a Treo 750 on the Vodafone Australia network. Let me know how you go with your phone and service provider. I value your feedback and suggestions.

Regards,

Duncan.
    Last edited by Duncan Lyon; 05/01/2007 at 05:43 PM.
    I have found that the easiest fix is the leave-yourself-a-voicemail-and-delete-it route. And for the record, this only happens on my 750, and I have two other wm5 phones. Maybe coincidence, I dunno....
    Well it happened on my 8125 as well, but like evryone says just call your self and leave urself a voice mail then delete it, and that should take away the problem.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Well it happened on my 8125 as well, but like everyone says just call your self and leave urself a voice mail then delete it, and that should take away the problem.
    You can do this and then don't hang up, press ** and it will disconnect you automatically and that helps too as some very smart HoFo member instructed me to do and it worked.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I have found that the easiest fix is the leave-yourself-a-voicemail-and-delete-it route. And for the record, this only happens on my 750, and I have two other wm5 phones. Maybe coincidence, I dunno....
    This method doesn't work for me on the Vodafone network, unfortunately.

Also, it seems a bit convoluted. VmailFix lets you clear Voicemail by pushing a button - no phone calls required.

Duncan
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    You can do this and then don't hang up, press ** and it will disconnect you automatically and that helps too as some very smart HoFo member instructed me to do and it worked.
    This sounded promising, but unfortunately didn't work for me on the Vodafone network either.

Duncan.
    Duncan,
    I can also confirm none of these suggestions work with the Treo 750 on the Vodafone network in Australia.
    I am not sure this is a carrier issue as I have the same problem when traveling overseas with other carriers.
    Nothing fixes this apart from editing the registry - thanks for the utility - this will make this process simple.
    I have raised an issue with Palm and will talk to our corporate Vodafone person to see if we can get Vodafone to look at it.
    Geoff
    Surprising response from Palm Australia:

Dear Geoff:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Chrystyn. We understand that the Voicemail Notification icon on your Treo? 750 does not disappear even if you have already listened to it. You are only able to remove it if you edit the registry and change the count from 1 to 0.

Geoff, we would like to inform that this issue would occur if you were using the Treo 750 with a non-Telstra SIM card. Please be advised that this issue does not occur to Telstra users where the Treo 750 is designed.

As of this writing, the only workaround for this one is to change the Voicemail count to 0 after you have listened to remove the voicemail icon. We regret that we are unable to confirm if an update would be released for this issue since the problem does not occur for users in Telsta network where the Treo 750 is designed.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsouth View Post
    Surprising response from Palm Australia:

Dear Geoff:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Chrystyn. We understand that the Voicemail Notification icon on your Treo? 750 does not disappear even if you have already listened to it. You are only able to remove it if you edit the registry and change the count from 1 to 0.

Geoff, we would like to inform that this issue would occur if you were using the Treo 750 with a non-Telstra SIM card. Please be advised that this issue does not occur to Telstra users where the Treo 750 is designed.

As of this writing, the only workaround for this one is to change the Voicemail count to 0 after you have listened to remove the voicemail icon. We regret that we are unable to confirm if an update would be released for this issue since the problem does not occur for users in Telsta network where the Treo 750 is designed.
    Wow, they were pretty honest and cool about it. I knew it was an issue with unlocked phones but I never even thought about changing the registry. I guess that can be a hassle to change it to 0 and back every time this happens.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Hi Geoff - Thanks for this confirmation. Hope my utility works for you. (Just replied against your separate post on this issue in AusPUG.org too.)

Saw your posts from Palm re Telstra compliance too. I assumed it was a service provider related issue - no doubt Vodafone will be updating their systems or cutomising the Treo 750 for their network shortly.

Duncan.
    The utility is great but does anyone know the root cause of this? My phone never had this problem and all of a sudden everytime I turn the phone on and off I get a notification. Of course Cingular charges you when you check your voicemail so that is costing all of us $$. Duncan, thanks for creating the utility.

- CK
    Treo 750 with:
    Wisbar Advance
    SBSH PocketWeather
    Resco Pocket Explorer
    Pocket Informant
    HSDPA Hack
    Logbook Pro APDL

Owned lots of others including Original Palm, IBM Palm, Handspring, Treo 650... on an on...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ckole View Post
    The utility is great but does anyone know the root cause of this? My phone never had this problem and all of a sudden everytime I turn the phone on and off I get a notification. Of course Cingular charges you when you check your voicemail so that is costing all of us $$. Duncan, thanks for creating the utility.

- CK
    Wait, how does Cingular charge you when you check your voicemail? I don't get charged when I call any Cingular customer, so why would you get charged when you call yourself?

I don't use that number that Cingular has my phone call to check for messages but I just call my own actual number and it does the same thing...and its free.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast