1.    #1  
    Didn't plan it this way but this morning I got out of the car and my 680 popped out of it's case and went skipping down the driveway. Case cracked and the keyboard skint up really good.

I decided to turn a bad situation into an opportunity. Instead of ordering another 680, I've got a 750 coming. I made sure it had a 30 day exchange policy with Cingular and will give it a few weeks to get used to the WM. If after two weeks or so and I don't like it I will exchange it for a 680.

Now... for all those who have the 750, any words of advice? Anything I need to look for or try to help me get used to the 750? The car charger for the 680 will work on the 750 right?

Lastly, the camera patch that was released about a month ago, that was for just the Palm Treos?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    The car charger for the 680 will work on the 750 right?

Lastly, the camera patch that was released about a month ago, that was for just the Palm Treos?
    Yep and yep
    Because of how the 750 is weighted compared to the 680 it flys much further after being kicked.

Also, because the 750 is dark blue it is much harder to find if it doesn't land on white concrete.

I use the Helix clip and love it. Easy in and out and does't fall out.

Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Didn't plan it this way but this morning I got out of the car and my 680 popped out of it's case and went skipping down the driveway. Case cracked and the keyboard skint up really good.

I decided to turn a bad situation into an opportunity. Instead of ordering another 680, I've got a 750 coming. I made sure it had a 30 day exchange policy with Cingular and will give it a few weeks to get used to the WM. If after two weeks or so and I don't like it I will exchange it for a 680.

Now... for all those who have the 750, any words of advice? Anything I need to look for or try to help me get used to the 750? The car charger for the 680 will work on the 750 right?

I hate to hear about dropped devices. That would bug the hell out of me. As for moving to the 750 flavor, I would ask if you have owned a Window Mobile device before. Its a completly different animal. It takes some getting used to. For example, where you would click once on the 680 (PalmOS), you click 2 or more times to get the basics. This is typically where the new WM5 Treo users jump ship. Honestly, I think its an upgrade from using Palm OS. I was a die hard Palm user before Palm offered a Window Mobile version. I understand where Palm excels in usability, but Palm has done a nice job at adding the "Palm" touch to Windows Mobile. Make sure you search this forum for 3rd party suggestions. There are alot of nice apps to add to improve your overall experience.

The 680 car charger will work fine.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  5.    #5  
    Brian,
    I've owned WM PDA's before and while I like the simplicity of the Palm, part of me likes the appearance of the WM Treo better. It may sound superficial but I really like the Today Screen of the 750. It's a one stop source for most of what I use the Treo for.

I think what would meet my needs and wants would be something inbetween the Palm and WM units. I like ActiveSync and not needing to rely on third party conduits to sync with Outlook and Office products. I like when you exit a Palm Program it doesn't run in the background. I like the personalization levels of WM.

One question comes to mind... can the 750 use .mp3 files for ringtones?
    I agree with the today screen. I really like Palm's enhancements as well. You can use MP3's as ringtones.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I use my 650 car/wall charger for my treo 750. I dont think there would be a difference with the 680 and the 750(charging connection wise of course)
    Here's a word of advice. Read the quick start guide and manual (the PDF on the CD.) Actually try to teach yourself how to use WM5 one-handed properly.
    Many people get frustrated going from PalmOS to WM5 because WM5 feels like you have to several more steps to do the same thing which usually isn't the reality. It took me a solid 2 weeks to really get proficient with WM5.
    On the Palm Treos, you have more dedicated hardware button shortcuts for your favorite programs. On the 750 you don't have as many because those keys are replaced by Ok/Cancel and Start.
    So the "Start" menu should become your place for your top 6 apps, along with the few hardware keys you get to use.

So here are my top tips:
    1) Remember to HOLD the OK/Cancel key to see all apps running in background. Understand they minimize by default instead of closing.
    2) Be aware that Cingular has a proxy set in Internet explorer which you can't disable without a registry change. See here: http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/disableproxy/
    This may not be an issue 99% of the time, just understand it in case you wonder why images are getting munged.
    3) In my opinion, SPB Pocket Plus is an asbolute must-have application (moreso for other WM5 phones, but I still like it on the Treo as well.) I use it to make apps close (instead of minimize) by default and to replace the task manager (hold OK) with SBPs.

That's what comes to mind.
    Please inform us of which case NOT to buy!

Sorry that happened to you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!