1.    #1  
    Ok so I need some help b/c my treo has been doing this quite frequently lately. Once I am done with my call, I will hit the "end call" button, or the red phone button, yet it won't do anything but turn off my screen. I can keep pressing it and it will only turn my screen on and off, yet it won't end my call. Each time I have to do a soft reset simply to end a call. It's rather annoying. Anyone has this problem or a solution?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Are you pressing and holding the end call button too long? Just press it real quick and see if that works. Otherwise you might have to do a hard reset.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    nope, just pressing it as normally to end a call, yet it just turns my screen off.
    I have the same power management issue on my Treo. I have also noticed that my Active call timer doesn't count, it just says I've been on the current call for 00:00. Weird as it sounds, I think the two are related. ( Since it isn't counting I think power management doesn't see it as active.)

In the interim, I have had to turn off power management - it's either that or constantly get interrupted mid-call by my treo powering down, muting the speaker and mic, but keeping the call open - at which point I have to get past my screen lock, and switch to speaker, and back to mic to bring the speaker and mic back.

Settings | System | Power |Advanced - uncheck the options for battery
    Disabling the Touch screen during a call appears to prevent the device from going into power save mode during a call - also made the active call timer display update appropriately. ( I have nothing installed except the factory default programs on this device so i have no idea.)

Settings | Keyguard
    Check Disable Touchscreen While on call in Today Screen.

Other alternatives:
    use a Bluetooth headset - it won't turn off when the power save comes on

I'm not certain if this app will help, but I think it's options offer some explanation of how disabling the touchscreen works:
    http://www.vijay555.com/index.php?Releases:VJDeviceLock

Disabling the touchscreen is probably the equivalent of vjdevicelock -displaytoggle, and if it is using a built in function, using that option may prevent the simultaneous use/state of -pwroff (Power Off in case you ddin't get it.)