Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Well, when ever I set a reminder for appointments or tasks my phone does not remind me with a vibrate or a sound.

So, I believe my only way to fix the problem is to do a hard reset.

I just need to know when I do a hard reset, how do I first save all the information that I want to be able to easily add back to my 700wx once the hard reset is complete?

I am talking about all the phone numbers I currently have, pictures that are saved in my phone and the three softwares that I added to my phone.

The three softwares are: hannip A2DP add on (which I know I can easily add back on by redownloading it to my phone), slingplayer mobile, and ReenSoft PIEPlus.

Before, I actually do a hard reset I would first like all your help.

Thank You.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Do a backup first using Sprite, SPB, etc. then do a hard reset. You can then restore your phone after you do a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    Well, when ever I set a reminder for appointments or tasks my phone does not remind me with a vibrate or a sound.

So, I believe my only way to fix the problem is to do a hard reset.

I just need to know when I do a hard reset, how do I first save all the information that I want to be able to easily add back to my 700wx once the hard reset is complete?

I am talking about all the phone numbers I currently have, pictures that are saved in my phone and the three softwares that I added to my phone.

The three softwares are: hannip A2DP add on (which I know I can easily add back on by redownloading it to my phone), slingplayer mobile, and ReenSoft PIEPlus.

Before, I actually do a hard reset I would first like all your help.

Thank You.

If you are using verizon you should have been given a copy of Sprite back up. When you back up your device you will get exe. files on your storage card. Once you do the hard reset, use file explorer to locate your storage card and click on the exe. file. The file will then reload all of your applications.

You mentioned that your phone isnt giving you sound or vibrate for your appointment reminders. Did you go into setting/sound and notifications and check each alarm to specify what you want your treo to do?
    right, you need to check the "programs-notifications" box of "setting"-->"sound and notifications"
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Do a backup first using Sprite, SPB, etc. then do a hard reset. You can then restore your phone after you do a hard reset.

But if something got corrupted in the registry, he'd be restoring the corrupted files, no?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    But if something got corrupted in the registry, he'd be restoring the corrupted files, no?

He doesnt sound like someone who hacked his registry.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    He doesnt sound like someone who hacked his registry.
    True, but things have been known to go weird on their own, too...

I just meant that there isn't much value in backing up a system with problems requiring a HR, because those problems would likely return if you restore such a backup.
    END OF LINE
    For what it is worth, I had (have) the exact same problem. Even after a hard reset.

If I set an alarm for 5 or 10 minutes from now, it works.

If I set an alarm for tomorrow at 4:30am so I can make my flight, the limo driver calls and wakes me at 5:15am, asking if I'm OK. The phone only shows a Notification. No ring, no vibrate no morning coffee.

I then don't have time for a shower and make my 7:00 flight!

Nice way to start the day.

Hard reset did not fix this for me. I use my old LG phone as an alarm clock only!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    "nyc_rock" your right I did not hack my registry. Also, under sounds and notifications everything is set correctly. The reminders and tasks use to notify me correctly when I got my phone it just does not work correctly now.
    My two cents.....I would import the pictures to a memory card or onto the PC, make sure all contacts are in Outlook on the PC, and for three programs? Go ahead and do the hard reset, and just re-install them (just make sure you have any reg codes, and instalation files first LOL).

That is, of course, if the directions posted by nyc_rock, and pontiacy posted don't do the trick.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by syrguy1969; 03/27/2007 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    "nyc_rock" your right I did not hack my registry. Also, under sounds and notifications everything is set correctly. The reminders and tasks use to notify me correctly when I got my phone it just does not work correctly now.
    Use a tool like MemMaid or SKTools to check the notifications queue and have it look for duplicates, then get rid of the dups if there are any..that might help
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."