1.    #1  
    I've got a Treo 700wx, that hardly ever gets an activesync connection to work. I updated from 4.2 to 4.5 the other day in attempt to make it work, and am having the same results. I've even tried starting activesync on the phone manually, and that doesn't do anything. I've tried to use both my USB cradle and supplied cable the phone came with, both to no avail. I'd say that about 1 out of 10 times it will work.

I'm trying to figure out what might be wrong, this was never an issue with my old PPC6700 on this machine, and the Treo would sync fine when it was first purchased. Also, this has been an issue for awhile, not something that magically started to happen when I installed the threaded sms hack or anything like that.

Would a hard reset on the phone be something to look into?
    I'm having the same exact issues. My Dash syncs every time it's connected, my 700wx stopped connecting probably in the last 2 weeks. BT was gone (I'd get the unending spinning wheel), and it just wouldn't sync. I wound up doing a hard reset and did a restore from about a month ago and it seems to be working for now.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I experienced this as well. Each time I uninstalled activesync and redownloaded it from MS's web site. That worked a couple of times with 4.2 but then that didnt work. I then downloaded 4.5 and the problem seems to have abated.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I experienced this as well. Each time I uninstalled activesync and redownloaded it from MS's web site. That worked a couple of times with 4.2 but then that didnt work. I then downloaded 4.5 and the problem seems to have abated.
    So i'm wondering if this is a common problem, or just something that happens every once and awhile to different people. I've had my 700wx since about the time it came out, and haven't done a hard reset once on it. I wonder if that might fix the problem at this point.

Uninstalling/Reinstalling activesync on a regular basis just to sync some email and contacts seems like more work than I want to do. That can't really be the fix for this is it?
    Have you tried various USB ports on your PC? I find my Activesync is also somewhat less than reliable, but it when it does not work I can try various USB ports and it works.

Seems ridiculous, but it does work.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Have you tried various USB ports on your PC? I find my Activesync is also somewhat less than reliable, but it when it does not work I can try various USB ports and it works.

Seems ridiculous, but it does work.

Actually, I did, with the exact same results. It would sync the first two times, then wouldn't sync again.
    I think it's definitely a Treo issue, as I have no problems with my Dash and activesync.
    Jimmie Geddes