1.    #1  
    VZW for some reason has me down for a new-every- two (even though I used it in June 06 to get VX6700). They are offering another 100 off 700wx as rebate so I can get it for $299 - the same bottom line price I paid for 6700. I'm thinking of switching because:
    1. 6700 screen is tough to read in bright areas
    2. After Treo 600 for 3 years can't get used to slide out keyboard
    3. 6700 is kind of brick (form factor is bad)
    4. I believe its more fragile than Treo (thats debatable but the 6700 screen is too easy to break)
    5. I just discovered that PDAnet allow tethering with my pda data account on 700wx
    6. I've been setting up a bunch of people on 700's and I'm finding that I don't mind square 240x240 screen.

Questions:
    1. Is 700wx screen readable in mid light situations (ie I can turn my back to the sun - the 6700 is pretty much unreadable outdoors)
    2. Anyone else here switch from 6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
    VZW for some reason has me down for a new-every- two (even though I used it in June 06 to get VX6700). They are offering another 100 off 700wx as rebate so I can get it for $299 - the same bottom line price I paid for 6700. I'm thinking of switching because:
    1. 6700 screen is tough to read in bright areas
    2. After Treo 600 for 3 years can't get used to slide out keyboard
    3. 6700 is kind of brick (form factor is bad)
    4. I believe its more fragile than Treo (thats debatable but the 6700 screen is too easy to break)
    5. I just discovered that PDAnet allow tethering with my pda data account on 700wx
    6. I've been setting up a bunch of people on 700's and I'm finding that I don't mind square 240x240 screen.

Questions:
    1. Is 700wx screen readable in mid light situations (ie I can turn my back to the sun - the 6700 is pretty much unreadable outdoors)
    2. Anyone else here switch from 6700?
    i came form the 6700. sprint version though still the apache. the apache (6700) had the dimest screen of all the wm devices out there. the treo versions are much better. what helps is choosing a today screen background that shows up better. i like black background with white text.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    verizon here too...went through a few 6700s, got swapped to the 700w, now VZW swapped me to the 700wx and i'm really happy.

for the first time my device is as stable as WM is going to be and I can almost always make and receive calls.

friend just went from the VZW 6700 to the 700wx and is in heaven as well...the sluggishness of the landscape to portrait (even with the reg hack) is just too slow to practically use

if your not happy but like WM you'll like the 700wx
    the palm being a phone first and pda second vs. the 6700 being a pda first then phone is so true. my phone is so much more reliable with the treo.
    i had the 6700 and i've noticed that i am sometimes missing the wifi... but otherwise i'm liking the treo better- i had a 600/650 and it took a while to get used to the new orientation of the keyboard on the 6700... i like the treo keyboard better...
    in general the only thing that kills me is that the 6700 had horrible speakers but bt was good (as far as call volume), the opposite is true on the 700, at least in my opinion. while the two phones are almost exactly the same size- the 6700 is more square and brick-like... but if you want to really see a brick, find some photos of a hitachi g1000- i lugged that mother around for a few months before going to a treo 600... and i never looked back...

if you really need some reinforcement- you get more out of participating in this community more with a treo than a 6700, and i started missing my treocentral fix when i was away...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for responses - confirms my hunch that I will be much happier with Treo 700wx. I have never used the wi-fi feature on the 6700. Is there a work around for low bt volume such as the VolumeCare I used with Treo 650's? I also detest waiting for the screen to change orientation. Is there a hack to speed that up? I've done all the hacks for glyph cache etc - not sure if there was one especially for speeding up change from portrait to landscape.

I setup everything under the sun on my 6700 but I find that I never watch videos or for that matter take much adavantage of the extra screen width. It will esentially boil down to a bit more scrolling to view my calendar and task list. Contact lookup is better on the treo so I probably will look up people instead of scrolling the contact list.

What do you think the 6700 (excellent condition, two chargers and cradles, two batteries, pouch holster, ppctech screen protector) will fetch on ebay?
    What do you think the 6700 (excellent condition, two chargers and cradles, two batteries, pouch holster, ppctech screen protector) will fetch on ebay?

Just sold mine two weeks ago for 220. Included extra battery, car charger, 1 gig sd card and holster.
  8.    #8  
    I got inspired by hanmin's iPhone today setup. It uses cLauncher on top, SPB time in the middle and phoneAlarm on the bottom. Then I upgraded from PaulyA's Eten skin to the Eten Smart Dialer. I also added MortScript and setup a bunch setting changes (screen backlight etc) that I control with VoiceCommand. Here's what it looks like:

As a longtime Palm Treo 6xx user I am enjoying an icon based launcher on my today screen.