1.    #1  
    What are chances of getting a WM6 port to the 700WX? It happened with the threaded text messaging.

Being that I'm not sure of the legality of this, I'm hypothetically speaking, of course. I would never DREAM of partaking in the theft of intellectual property from Microsoft. Certainly not!! ewwww

But whaddya think? What would it take?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i think the main thing is to know if the actual os is the same (between cdma and gsm versions for palm in particular). like i know there is a rom that is flashed for the actual radio, (gsm vs cdma making that impossible) but it may be possible to keep the same radio firmware and only flash over the palm modified os
    The main thing I want is the new Pocket Outlook. Mostly for the HTML mail.

If we new which files, and maybe registry entries, to copy, it should run just fine as WM5 and WM6 run on the same kernel, as I understand it.

I would not mind at all having something we might call WM5.5 that has only some of the juicy bits from WM6.
    I got the "official press release" from Palm. I asked what their stance was on 700w, and 700wx owners since we already know we're going to want it. We're perfectly capable of running it. I'll post their response.

I've just flashed my Dash to WM6 and have to say, it's a nice upgrade. UI is quicker, PIM apps are improved, IE seems faster. HTML mail and the ability to automatically reply to a message w/out hitting send/receive and it automatically getting sent are just some of the improvements.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    The only downside is a lot of the hacks we have implemented onto our 700wx's are going to be gone but I guess the trade off of what we will be actually GAINING from WM6 will be worth it.
    I wonder if the BT disconnect problem will be fixed in WM6. Is the BT stack a Palm issue or WM?
    I'm pretty sure it's a Palm issue, I could be wrong. My Dash's BT is fine compared to my 680, 700p, and 700wx. My 680 is better than my 700p or 700wx though.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 03/26/2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    quote:
    the ability to automatically reply to a message w/out hitting send/receive and it automatically getting sent are just some of the improvements.
    end quote

that's how it works for me NOW on my Verizon 700wx. I reply to a message and it goes right THEN, on its own, with me doing nothing. Maybe you have a setting wrong or something?

I'm using Exchange ActiveSync with my company Exchange server. Rocks.
    I'm not using exchange activesync.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a Palm issue, I could be wrong. My Dash's BT is fine compared to my 680, 700p, and 700wx. My 680 is better than my 700p or 700wx though.
    Even with Hannip's bluetooth ad2p app?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    quick question...when you flashed your dash, was it a generic wm6 build or one from t-mobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    quick question...when you flashed your dash, was it a generic wm6 build or one from t-mobs?
    you can get it here. http://rapidshare.com/users/7UE30C

link to where i saw it. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...readid=1121607
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    so cody- just looking at those file names, it does look like thats an OEM version from T-Mobile, yet to be public, that is for the Dash. Interesting.

I know we've been over this before, but is there is known way to extract the files from the rom update? i believe the answer before was no when I asked it.

i'm guessing then that it may be hard to take the 750 update, gsm and all, and put it on our 700/w/wx....not sounding optimistic...i think our best chance would be to extract the outlook with html and the new theme. you can download the new sounds and then all you are missing is the "speed" updates (which would be amazing)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    so cody- just looking at those file names, it does look like thats an OEM version from T-Mobile, yet to be public, that is for the Dash. Interesting.
    The Dash is in beta testing right now for WM6 standard, hence the ROMs floating around. Official release is expected in June.

There are also pre-release (e.g. not completed) version of WM6 Professional floating around which won't help with the 700wx.

The BT is a Palm issue, specifically it looks like they use a hacked version of the MS BT Stack.

As far as updating just Outlook from WM6 I think that'd be a big undertaking but who knows.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm using a T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 Beta on my Dash.
    Jimmie Geddes