Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Why customize a release for WM5 Treo's when 3G is natively supported in WM6? Not fretting waiting a bit for the WM6 and 3G since the HSDPA hack works fine.
    I thought virtually everyone had abandoned the HSDPA hack for either stability reasons or because it lives a short life, requiring deleting and reinstalling.

What method are you using to keep HSDPA alive? Are you traveling where you would be in and out of HSDPA/UMTS coverage and re-entering coverage where the hack successfully shows the transition back? Doing speed tests in and out of coverage (and back into coverage) to confirm it survives?

Thanks.
    Not sure what your data point is on everyone not using the hack but I have no problems.

A good number of the posting are from users that had problems. I have gotten several private messages helping several novice users resolve their issues. Most of the time these users don't understand basic structure of MS mobile devices.

Also, if you consider the number of posted replies is 1/100th the number of viewed probably in the noise level.
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    I thought virtually everyone had abandoned the HSDPA hack for either stability reasons or because it lives a short life, requiring deleting and reinstalling.

What method are you using to keep HSDPA alive? Are you traveling where you would be in and out of HSDPA/UMTS coverage and re-entering coverage where the hack successfully shows the transition back? Doing speed tests in and out of coverage (and back into coverage) to confirm it survives?

Thanks.
    I have had no problems. Install, soft reset, good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Why customize a release for WM5 Treo's when 3G is natively supported in WM6? Not fretting waiting a bit for the WM6 and 3G since the HSDPA hack works fine.
    I'll gladly wait for WM6 to get the official HSDPA upgrade since that means we're getting WM6
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I have had no problems. Install, soft reset, good to go.
    Do you get HSDPA speeds with the proxy disabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Do you get HSDPA speeds with the proxy disabled?
    yes, and it seems to be a bit faster overall than my 8525.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123