Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No, Palm will release carrier specific versions of the OS and if Vodaphone is not included, I am willing to bet dollar-to-donuts that it won't be far behind.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Does anyone know if the resolution will be better with WM6. My understanding is that WM6 supports 320x320 on the Treo's, but I thought this would require a different hardware screen.
    This is great news and great customer service by Palm to offer this upgrade. It makes total sense. I hope they knock out a few bugs when they do this. And I hope they don't introduce anymore crippling bugs.

Thanks Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianss View Post
    Does anyone know if the resolution will be better with WM6. My understanding is that WM6 supports 320x320 on the Treo's, but I thought this would require a different hardware screen.
    I expect it will appear to be "crisper looking" but running the same resolution. To get 320x320, I would imagine this is a function of the hardware.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    For someone new to this- (I do like upgrades myself) is there a link or can someone summarize the differences between WM5 and the upcoming 6 for treos 750? Why is this such important?
    Yipes..., you really think they're going to charge for this update? They've (Cingular) has been saying all along they were going to offer an HSDPA update for free. If this is going to be included in the same update I can't imagine they're going charge for it.
    But with this update it should be possible to exchange the Rom from the vodafone version for the regular Palm wouldn't it?
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    n theory, it should work because the 680 and 750 share a common hardware platform.
    Not really, the 750 has a 3G GSM radio whereas the 680 does not, the 750 uses mini-SD the 680 standard sized ones. The 750 has a Samsung SC32442A processor running at 300Mhz, the 680 an Intel PXA272 one running at 312Mhz. The 750 has a 1.3mp camera the 680's is only VGA. The layout of the two is different too. Apart from that they're identical
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Apart from that they're identical
    LOL so maybe someone will try this then...
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Does anyone know if this WM6 update will include an update/fix to the bluetooth stack so that bluetooth will operate properly in all the carkits that it currently does not?

Thanks
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  11.    #31  
    the bluetooth stack in WM6 has been upgraded
    Quote Originally Posted by aquayonex View Post
    Yipes..., you really think they're going to charge for this update? They've (Cingular) has been saying all along they were going to offer an HSDPA update for free. If this is going to be included in the same update I can't imagine they're going charge for it.
    Well by now I think you've read that it has been reported that this update will be no charge. And it'll be available most likely when WM6 ships (late June at the eariliest.)
    But you're right. They really can't charge if this is the update they've been promising for free since the beginning for HSDPA.

I'm a little upset that we have to wait for the full WM6 update to get bug fixes and HSDPA. 6-7 months after release of the product isn't accepatble for some of the issues people have. But I'm going to stop complaining. If we get WM6 as an added bonus because it's more convenient, then I'll take it!
    The shortcomings of email on the WM5 are largely fixed on WM6... I'll be a happy camper.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Does anyone know if this WM6 update will include an update/fix to the bluetooth stack so that bluetooth will operate properly in all the carkits that it currently does not?

Thanks
    All would be a bit optimistic.

Surur
  14.    #34  
    I cant believe this

People always have to complain

Instead of just being happy that you are at the very least getting an update (let alone WM6 for free) people are *****ing

Countless other devices by different manufactures have x10 problems of the Treo 750 and they dont get updates at all

Some of you just need to consider yourself lucky ... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    For someone new to this- (I do like upgrades myself) is there a link or can someone summarize the differences between WM5 and the upcoming 6 for treos 750? Why is this such important?
    Here is a list that shows how the two operating systems compare.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Here is a list that shows how the two operating systems compare.
    Thank you!!
    From what I see in the list it looks like a good update, lets just see if the updates are true!!
    Here's a "OLD" video of the Treo 750 running WM6 - Production Unit, not upgraded.

Might have been posted already, im to tired to search today.

http://mobilitytoday.com/news/007560...today_video_20

Nothing special here... Just the plain jane features shown.
    They said they'd officially enable HSDPA at the end of QTR 1 of calendar 2007. That's Saturday.

I wonder when they stopped working on this update? If it's ready, they should just release it now.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    They said they'd officially enable HSDPA at the end of QTR 1 of calendar 2007. That's Saturday.

I wonder when they stopped working on this update? If it's ready, they should just release it now.
    Why customize a release for WM5 Treo's when 3G is natively supported in WM6? Not fretting waiting a bit for the WM6 and 3G since the HSDPA hack works fine.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast