1.    #1  
    Engadget is reporting that Cingular's ROM update for the Treo 750 is in the works:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...wm6-treatment/
    Welcome to the new at&t. I'm shocked but hope this is a sign of things to come from at&t device support.
    Believe it when I see it.

BTW- The blackjack just got an upgrade, but no OS change, upgraded radio, and AT&T badging. Nothing else. I really hope this istrue, we'll see
    Possibly a silly question, but will this type of OS upgrade, RELOCK my currently unlocked Cingular Branded Treo 750?

If it does, would my same unlock code reunlock it?
    I believe once a phone is unlocked it stays that way. I may be wrong though....
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I know that firmware updates in the 650 did not "relock" the phone. We'll find out eventually.
    In the past users have reported that ROM upgrades locked their phones.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    You know what really sucks about this... they will probably never release a ROM update for 750's running WM5. We're probably stuck with this buggy *** device till the WM6 upgrade is out.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    if only is was 320x320
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoliz View Post
    You know what really sucks about this... they will probably never release a ROM update for 750's running WM5. We're probably stuck with this buggy *** device till the WM6 upgrade is out.
    Ya, 4 more months of this annoying sound issue.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yay ,,,,,,,"We are excited to work closely with Palm to offer a Windows Mobile 6 update to existing Treo 750 users....."
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    Possibly a silly question, but will this type of OS upgrade, RELOCK my currently unlocked Cingular Branded Treo 750?

If it does, would my same unlock code reunlock it?
    That is an interesting question. It would most likely depend on how the upgrade is performed, such as will it be Cingular ROM upgrade, or a generic Windows/Palm upgrade. I remember when WM5 hit the streets, there were many different devices that could be upgraded, but the upgrades were vendor/device specific. If you look in the update section on the Palm website, they seem to release updates that are phone/carrier specific. But this is more than an update, it's a whole new operating system. We can hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Ya, 4 more months of this annoying sound issue.
    what annoying sound issue?

And how far out is WM6? Ballpark? Inside the ballpark if possible.
    I just got an official press release from Palm, it's happening.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I also asked what this means for 700w, and 700wx owners.
    Jimmie Geddes
    If I read the article correctly this says that the HSDPA upgrade which was going to be Q1 07, then H1 07, is now part of the WM6 upgrade which will be "later this year".

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just got an official press release from Palm, it's happening.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    At least you guys are guaranteed a WM6 upgrade,lol. Us 700wx owners are probably going to be left out. I just installed WM6 on my Dash and it's a nice upgrade over WM5. Even though it's smartphone, or standard some of the same features are on both versions of WM6 and make for a nice update.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    what annoying sound issue?

And how far out is WM6? Ballpark? Inside the ballpark if possible.
    Loss of sound and static pops.