1.    #1  
    I am using SPB Backup, and Verizon is sending out a new Treo 700w to me (I had/have a slight audio glitch in mine). My question is this: Will running an SPB Backup file from my SD card on the new phone install like on my current phone after a hard reset, or do I need to start from scratch? If nobody knows, I will post results after I try it!! Thanks guys
    Generally, the consensus is new device, start from scratch. You never know what you're transferring over to the new device.

After a HR on the same device, not a problem...
    END OF LINE
    I have had my W replaced twice, and running a Sprite restore worked without issue both times. I DID exclude PIM data and system files.

Skip
  4.    #4  
    Sounds promising either way. I may start from scratch and keep the backup as a second profile type of file. That is one thing I really like about the 700w....I can change things at will, and totally change the look if I like!
    I have a related question. will this program restore data and programs? meaning if I hard reset and then restore will I then need to restore and reinstall all of my programs (not preinstalled)?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    As long as you're backing everything up, a restore will bring your Treo back to the exact same state it was in when you performed the backup. Just do a hard reset and then do a restore. I had to turn in a faulty 700wx and all I needed to do to get the new one going was to do a restore from the most recent backup I had on my old Treo (the backup was on the SD card of course). As long as you're restoring to the same device with the same operating system, there's no reason why you should have to manually reinstall everything from scratch.
    I have a similar question.. I am thinking about upgrading to a 700wx. I use Sprite backup. I have my 700w exactly the way i want it... I've spent countless hours (not at once!) getting this thing just the way i want it.

If i upgrade to a 700wx, perform a sprite backup, will it restore the 700wx the same as my 700w?

My treo really isnt giving me any problems.. I would just like to have more program memory.. Cant decide if its worth the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I have a similar question.. I am thinking about upgrading to a 700wx. I use Sprite backup. I have my 700w exactly the way i want it... I've spent countless hours (not at once!) getting this thing just the way i want it.

If i upgrade to a 700wx, perform a sprite backup, will it restore the 700wx the same as my 700w?

My treo really isnt giving me any problems.. I would just like to have more program memory.. Cant decide if its worth the upgrade.
    I upgraded from a 700w to a 700wx as well and everyone told me to just reinstall everything from scratch - that's what I did. Certain programs may have an "export settings" function (PocketWeather being one of them) which make it much easier to reinstall them on a new device. Also, syncing your contacts, calendar, etc. is simple enough so it's not like that takes much work when you switch phones. While I certainly would recommend reinstalling everything manually (programs, custom setttings. etc.) it can't hurt to try a backup from a 700w on your 700wx. If it doesn't work out you can always do a hard reset and you'll be no worse for the wear.