1.    #1  
    New version, new goodies!

Floating point support!

switch now supports strings!

split on a string!

and more...

http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1988
  2.    #2  
    Ah finally no more big OK and Cancel buttons on the dialogs! More space to put titles and info!
  3.    #3  
    BluetoothOn script not working with it...

False alarm. After a reset it works fine.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/24/2007 at 03:07 PM.
    Weeeeee I know at least some of those were my suggestions! Hot indeed.

oh my, i hope we won't run into major compatibility issues
  5.    #5  
    It can't be too incompatible since TheForceCast/Xcast seem to work fine.

Hmm, side effect of floating point support I think. Here is my current Xcast display.

"4p: 55(Lo:50) Shower @5.000"
    Last edited by hannip; 03/24/2007 at 03:15 PM.
    great news. now we can see even MORE GREAT SCRIPTS.
    Hannip could you check the registry location to see it you can find the 'p' at the end of that? The line that generates it goes like this:
    Code:
    CurrentHour12 = (%CurrentHour%-12) & "p"
    ...or equivalent if it's in the AM.

Any which way, the floating point operations are definitely getting carried away because no decimal operations are ever encounted on the way to this.

Reg is: HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name for Sprint
    or
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIL\CarrierName for vzw
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Hannip could you check the registry location to see it you can find the 'p' at the end of that? The line that generates it goes like this:
    Code:
    CurrentHour12 = (%CurrentHour%-12) & "p"
    ...or equivalent if it's in the AM.

Any which way, the floating point operations are definitely getting carried away because no decimal operations are ever encounted on the way to this.

Reg is: HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name for Sprint
    or
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIL\CarrierName for vzw
    Yes the "p" is at the end. I thought I fixed it by breaking up that line of code in two, but it didn't.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/24/2007 at 04:50 PM.
    this should work, perhaps:
    I can't test it out until the smartphone or PC compiled version comes out.

Code:
    CurrentHour12 = (%CurrentHour%-12)
    dotFind = Find(CurrentHour12,".")
    CurrentHour12 = SubStr(CurrentHour12,1,%dotFind%-1) & "p"
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, I changed mine to use Part(CurrentHour12,".",1) and then appended the "p". But I won't know if it works until there is some percipitation again.
    hah! trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It can't be too incompatible since TheForceCast/Xcast seem to work fine.

Hmm, side effect of floating point support I think. Here is my current Xcast display.

"4p: 55(Lo:50) Shower @5.000"
    had there been no precip. shown, the decimal pt. would not have "floated". maybe it goes away when the rain stops ???
    Hannip,

Mort appears to have done a fix, apparently if the value (like ours) came from a String, then it would convert to FP regardless. So, now he'll check for a decimal point within the string before conversion.

In addition (and including ^):
    - Bugfix: Clear() didn't work
    - Bugfix: Case didn't work correctly with multiple values
    - If strings are used in math, they're converted to float values only if they contain a (decimal) point, otherwise to integer
    - New functions (not tested!): Format( number, decimals ), Floor( number ), Round( number ), Ceil( number )
    - With "Local( variable [, variable )" you can define variables locally. This means, other subs or the main block can't access these variables. If there are global variables with the same name, the current Sub can't access them anymore. Not tested yet, too...
  14.    #14  
    Awesome. trying it out now. hmm, still no percip :-/
    There's a6 available now. I hope it gets close to become beta level soon...

@hannip: What percip do you want? What's that anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    There's a6 available now. I hope it gets close to become beta level soon...
    thanks for the updates!

Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    @hannip: What percip do you want? What's that anyway?
    Hannip's talking about the precipitation marker in a script called xcast, basically saying there has been no precipitation so we can't test if the string->int conversion is taking place without floating We heard it has been fixed as the updates rolled along.

img linky <-- In a recent beta it would have said ".. Rain @9.00000P"
  17.    #17  
    I tested Xcast using the new beta version of 4.01 and the percip hour is now formated correctly. Thanks Mort!

I also tried Tweakster with the new version and it gets farther along. I can get to most menus now, but when I go to view a scheduled event I get an error from Split.

"Empy variable not allowed. Line: Split( MenuStr, SEP, 0, %EMenu% )"
    So what is the latest version of Mortscript that everyone is using? i am still using RC8.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    So what is the latest version of Mortscript that everyone is using? i am still using RC8.
    4.0 was released after RC11 a few weeks ago. 4.1 is in alpa (experimental). 4.0 is stable and what most use.
  20.    #20  
    - new functions: Sin( rad ), Cos( rad ), Tan( rad ), Log( x ), Log10( x ), Sqrt( x )
    - new predefined variables: PI (3.1415...), PHI (1.618...), EULERT (e = 2.7182...)
    - new operator ^ (power), e.g. 3^2 = 9. Same priority as *, /, %, i.e. 2*2^2 = (2*2)^2 = 16!
    - removed debug message in Split
    - bugfix in numerical operators: If one of the parameters was no float value, both values were converted to integer, e.g. 2 * 2.6 = 6 (2.6 was round to 3)
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ry=16&entry=85

This build is 100% backward compatibility w/ 4.0 also. All of our scripts are working fine as far as I can see.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/24/2007 at 06:59 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast