Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    b25 - added some new features, too. I hope it's the last update before the release...
    Finally we have for loop now. Thanks.

When will you support reading and writing unicode ini files?

by the way, why use "next" in stead of "endfor"? It is so weird.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 10/05/2007 at 01:03 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    When will you support reading and writing unicode ini files?
    You can read and write Unicode text files (i.e. ReadFile/WriteFile) in the 4.1 RC (please test the RC, I want to release it asap...).
    But it's not planned for INI file functions (IniRead/IniWrite/ForEach), because they're traditionally in plain ASCII (in Windows 3.x, there wasn't even a Unicode definition... ). I've never seen a Unicode INI file so far.

by the way, why use "next" in stead of "endfor"? It is so weird.
    Because it's For/Next in almost all programming languages (unless they use blocks defined with e.g. {/} or Begin/End).
    You can read and write Unicode text files (i.e. ReadFile/WriteFile) in the 4.1 RC (please test the RC, I want to release it asap...).
    But it's not planned for INI file functions (IniRead/IniWrite/ForEach), because they're traditionally in plain ASCII (in Windows 3.x, there wasn't even a Unicode definition... ). I've never seen a Unicode INI file so far.

Because it's For/Next in almost all programming languages (unless they use blocks defined with e.g. {/} or Begin/End).

Reading\writing unicode is perfect from beta 22, and I used it all the time. The reason that I want unicode for ini is because I need write some Chinese chars in ini files. So far I use text file as setting file and can't take advantage of those commands for ini files.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Reading\writing unicode is perfect from beta 22, and I used it all the time.
    You mean UTF-8? "Unicode" in the Windows world usually means UTF-16 low endian, which is only supported since the last RC.

The reason that I want unicode for ini is because I need write some Chinese chars in ini files. So far I use text file as setting file and can't take advantage of those commands for ini files.
    OK, I see... I'll probably add corresponding parameters after the release. For now, I want to get 4.1 released without too many additional changes...
    What I want to implement to 4.1 release, is support of reading text files with proper prefixes (see the notes to "utf8-prefix" and "unicode-prefix" for ReadFile in the current manual) if no encoding was specified. This would also enable MortScripts and INI files in Unicode/UTF-8 - but only for reading, writing an INI file would use the systems default codepage again...

FYI, I also planned to implement some kind of "status monitor" after the release, i.e. in a beta afterwards. That means, you see either something like "BigMessage" with the last status output (like "Backing up xxx") or a list box with the recent status messages ("Copy file x", "Copy file y", ...) while the script is executed. I.e., unlike the current messages, the script won't be stopped while the message is shown.
    What I want to implement to 4.1 release, is support of reading text files with proper prefixes (see the notes to "utf8-prefix" and "unicode-prefix" for ReadFile in the current manual) if no encoding was specified. This would also enable MortScripts and INI files in Unicode/UTF-8 - but only for reading, writing an INI file would use the systems default codepage again...
    Done in the new RC.
    Done in the new RC.

Hi sto-helit,

i found you support unicode for mscr file now, which is great. in previous versions, i have to use a text files to store some common Chinese names in order to use unicode. great, i can make my program faster and cleaner now.
    thanks for hard work.

btw, anyway toggle wireless radio in PC using mortiscript? I purchased a micro Bluetooth adapter (the size of usb plug so that i leave it in a usb port all the time) recently for my lifebook p1510d. It works great, but i want to turn the bt radio off while not in use since the indicator lights are flashing all the time, very annoying.

updated: Found a way to disable hardware using mortiscript. Thanks
    Last edited by cellneuron; 10/27/2007 at 10:26 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    i found you support unicode for mscr file now, which is great.
    Yes, but only if the editor saves the files in the right format. Otherwise MortScript's not able to realize which encoding is used and uses the system's default 8 bit locale encoding.

in previous versions, i have to use a text files to store some common Chinese names in order to use unicode.
    In theory, it should have worked with the chinese 8 bit encoding, too. Though with chinese, maybe there are conflicts between traditional and simplified charsets. To me, it looks all like funny drawings...
    Nice if I could help you with this small side effect... I plan to use this for translation files for MortButtons and MortPlayer, too.

btw, anyway toggle wireless radio in PC using mortiscript?
    No, sorry. This is very device dependant, and I neither have the time nor the knowlege to get this working for every new device. Sometimes it helps to use tools like OzBT or simulate taps (e.g. if the device includes the Wireless Manager), otherwise it's usually the best to utilize profile tools from people who spend a lot of time to get this stuff working, like phoneAlarm or SPB PhoneSuite. Esp. phoneAlarm is quite good for this, as there are command line tools to switch the profile or - the other way around - run a script on profile change.
    I think the "up" and "down" state for sendspecial ("win") is still in wrong labels (ie, "up" is the real "down")

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I think the "up" and "down" state for sendspecial ("win") is still in wrong labels (ie, "up" is the real "down")
    Just checked it, it works correct for me.
    Maybe you need to download the current version? Some minor things were patched without a new version in RC4/5, not sure if this applied to SendSpecial...
    Or maybe another (old) MortScript.exe is used? This might happen esp. if an autorun.exe is used (looks for a MortScript.exe in current directory).
    Last not least, combining SendSpecial and SendKeys is a bit tricky, because Windows handles them completely different. SendSpecial immediately sends the key, but doesn't allow special characters and internationalization. SendKeys puts the keys to an internal queue, but allows all printable characters. In Windows Mobile, it seems like the system ignores the current key states for SendKeys.
    Is there a way to select a specific window popup instead of using the mouseclick command to direct where the cursor should be placed?

An example would be any type of login window. Can you tell mortscript to grab whatever the name of the window is?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I'm not sure whether you mean that, but you can pass a window name to MouseClick, the position then becomes relative to the window's position. E.g. MouseClick( "Login", 400, 50 ).

Besides, V4.1 is now released...
    Hi,

I will check out 4.1 for sure!

Does the "Login" window do anything but let the programmer know what window you would like to choose (similar to REM)?

For example, my IE window says Mortscript 4.01 - page 3 (etc).

Could I code -----MouseClick( "Mortscript 4.01 - page 3 ", 400, 50 ).----

To designate the Address window?
    Yeah, 4.1! Nice job!
    Cool!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    4.1>Sweet
    I haven't really used MortScript since 4.0RC9, so I just read through the 4.1 manual and I have to say wow, alot of nice features have been added!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123