Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Cool new app available for you Treo power-users!!

Tweakster has three major functions:
    1) Scheduling : create profiles & schedule events (33 plugins included)
    2) Tweaks : applying tweaks (97 tweaks included)
    3) Probes : retrieve system info (44 probes included)

Here are some examples of what you can do...

- Set up profiles for your favorite settings
    - Change ringtones at 9:00 Mon-Fri to one set of ringtones, and
    evenings and weekends to a different set of ringtones
    - Soft Reset at 3:00 AM every day
    - Turn Bluetooth & Wifi on at 8:00 AM, Mon - Fri
    - Clear you IE cache every night at 2:00 AM
    - Turn Brightness up, but keyboard lights off at 7:00 AM
    - Check an eBay auction every 15 minutes, display current bid on Today Screen
    - Set a storage alert when your builtin flash storage drops below 1MB
    - Leave yourself a Voice reminder for lunch at 11:45
    - NEW: Use your Treo as a SpyCam, schedule a video recording in "stealth" mode

And there are ALOT more plugins than those described above, more will be added as time goes on. Note that if you are handy with batch files or scripts, you can easily create your own plugins.

Tweakster is a MortScript-based app that is currently in BETA test and I need a few more users to get their hands on it.

Who should try this...
    If you are an advanced-user who demands the most out of their Treo, needs profile support and wants to be able to automate and highly customize their Treo, or if you want to try out the latest tweaks or experiment with your own tweaks, this could be for you.

Who should pass...
    If you are a novice user, or if you don't have a Treo 7xx series phone, or if you are uncomfortable using BETA-level software, you should pass for now.

Tweakster is a complex program with ALOT of power, but the pain is well worth the gain Also bear in mind, since Tweakster is written in MortScript, the UI will not be as slick as other WM apps but it's still very functional.

If you would like to try, please start with README.txt. Enjoy!

Z.

--- Latest Changes ---

1) Added SpyCam plugin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 04/03/2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: reorganized
  2.    #2  
    and a few more screenshots...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zbop; 04/03/2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: reorganized
    Now that a master script.Get it complete and sell it for $$
    At least donations
    Simply Superb! Count me in.
    Count me in, too.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Simply Superb! Count me in.
    Thanks hannip, I'm honored Sent ya email.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Count me in, too.
    Thanks, sent ya email too...

BTW is it possible to send attachments via PM? I didn't see any way to do that. Nothing secret about the code or anything, I just wanted to refrain from posting it until a couple of people beat it up first.
    zbop, I've installed Tweakster and I must say it's most impressive. You've taken MortScripting to a level beyond what I ever imagined doing with it. I thought we were getting a bit crazy making icons and cab installs for our scripts.

I'll use this post to list the bugs as I find them.

Bug #1: If you select About it opens PIE to show the html about page. You won't return back to Tweakster until you kill PIE. (RESOLVED)

Bug #2: When selecting backup it processes for a while and then pops up the following error message. "Window 'Please Wait' could not be found Line: WaitForActive(WaitStr, 10 )" (RESOLVED)

Bug #3: Loading Daytime profile results in the following Shortcut Target error. "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename. (RESOLVED)

Bug #4: Clock Radio when scheduled displays clock and plays station fine, but an error pops up saying, "Window "Internet Explorer" could not be found Line: WaitFor( "Internet Explorer", 10 )" (RESOLVED with my changes to add support for PIEPlus in ClockRadio.mscr)

My environment:
    Treo 700wx (Sprint)
    Install Dir: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\Tweakster
    MortScript version: 4.0 RC10
    Last edited by hannip; 03/25/2007 at 01:27 AM.
    wow, hook a brother up. email is codi860 at gmail dot com
    Great job zbop
    Post scripts
    Thats what makes mortscript fun.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    zbop, I've installed Tweakster and I must say it's most impressive. You've taken MortScripting to a level beyond what I ever imagined doing with it. I thought we were getting a bit crazy making icons and cab installs for our scripts.

I'll use this post to list the bugs as I find them.

Bug #1: If you select About it opens PIE to show the html about page. You won't return back to Tweakster until you kill PIE.

Bug #2: When selecting backup it processes for a while and then pops up the following error message. "Window 'Please Wait' could not be found Line: WaitForActive(WaitStr, 10 )"

Bug #3: Loading Daytime profile results in the following Shortcut Target error. "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

My environment:
    Treo 700wx (Sprint)
    Install Dir: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\Tweakster
    MortScript version: 4.0 RC10

Wow, that didn't take too long to find bugs, my bad...

#1 I always exit IE, so I didn't find that, it's fixed.

#2 ughh, I have no clue why that is happening...
    When you selected "Backup" did you get a message that said "Backing up registry...", followed by a spinning pie cursor?

#3 just forgot to include a file in the zipfile, fixed.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Great job zbop
    Post scripts
    Thats what makes mortscript fun.
    ahh, no fair slingdude you are trying to guilt me into posting this aren't you? Well since this forum is primarily frequented by hackers and since I have to put up bugfixes, maybe I'll go ahead and post it.
    #2 ughh, I have no clue why that is happening...
    When you selected "Backup" did you get a message that said "Backing up registry...", followed by a spinning pie cursor?
    No I didn't get a message. I select Backup then an input dialog shows with an already filled in file name and I just leave the name alone and press Ok. Then 10 seconds later the error pops up.
  14.    #14  
    Alright, I'm going to go ahead and post this, but if you are a novice user, *please* pass on this one. They have nice user-friendly, well-tested software over at pocketgear.com.

Files have been moved to post #1 above...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...56&postcount=1
    Last edited by zbop; 04/03/2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: moved files up to first post
    i noticed a lot of the tweeks like taskbar, today screenbars, today text, ect dont work. alot has changed between the treo and other wm devices. it seems that most of the reg changes are for the other devices. other wise this seems to be pretty powerful script. good job.
    All three bugs that I reported are now resolved. Good job!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i noticed a lot of the tweeks like taskbar, today screenbars, today text, ect dont work. alot has changed between the treo and other wm devices. it seems that most of the reg changes are for the other devices. other wise this seems to be pretty powerful script. good job.
    Yeah, although I tested alot of the tweaks, I haven't tested every single one, I've taken it on faith that the tweaks I've found actually do something.

However, on my Treo, I was able to change:
    - Today Text Color
    - Taskbar Text Color
    - Today Line Color

without any problems.

Taskbar Color did not work, and I think you are right, the method I found is outdated. It believe I can fix it, but it requires modifying a registry value of the registered today theme. I can fix this, but will require some new functionality in the tweaks.ini file since one key depends on the value of another key, which I don't have a way to specify right now.

If you give me the exact Category name and exact Tweak name when they don't work, I'll take a look into it. Thanks!
    The clock radio is really cool! I did get an error though.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...34&postcount=8

I love the way you use the browser as a window that runs scripts when you press on images. Way cool!

And downloading a clock image of the real time is even cooler. I had to comment out the line below # XXX DST bug
    in ClockRadio.mscr to get the right time for me.

Edit: I've added support for PIEPlus and now the bugs that I was seeing are gone. Here are my changes if you wish to incorporate them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 03/25/2007 at 01:24 AM.
    Hannip doing the early morning .hmmm have not seen that in a while
    I've never stopped, but it's been for work for the last month.
    I get most of my work done between 10pm and 4am.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast