Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Cool! Mort has added a lot of stuff that I had to use workarounds for; now using the new version is an option.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    "Phoney Call" plugin that fakes out a phone call to yourself at the scheduled time. i.e. it brings up the call active screen and rings the phone until you hit a certain key. For those bad dates when you just need an excuse to leave...
    That's a good one for sure !
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    That's a good one for sure !
    Not that I've ever had a bad date , but so I've heard... lol

Maybe once I'm finished working on the other project.
    700WX from Alltel
    Have question: When I schedule a profile change and have the profile turn the radio off or on, I get an error message saying "cannot find the script" The phone will just sit there until I ok it, then it executes the the script and turns the radio off or on. I have all three programs loaded. I think I have them in the right place because it's actually working I just have to OK it. Any ideas or what additional information do you need?

THanks

R

BTW this thing is pretty great. THanks for it!
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by northflrn View Post
    700WX from Alltel
    Have question: When I schedule a profile change and have the profile turn the radio off or on, I get an error message saying "cannot find the script" The phone will just sit there until I ok it, then it executes the the script and turns the radio off or on. I have all three programs loaded. I think I have them in the right place because it's actually working I just have to OK it. Any ideas or what additional information do you need?

THanks

R

BTW this thing is pretty great. THanks for it!
    Hmm, did you install this on your Storage Card? If so, it may need some adjustments to work properly. I think hannip posted some tips on getting the scripts to play nicely when installed on external storage.

If it isn't installed on your Storage card, then can you describe the exact message, or possible take a screen snapshot?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Still taking reports of possible bugs?

I like the program... so first of all, Thanks!

I was trying to schedule an event with the AudioPlay plugin (to chime my ppc every hour), but whenever I submitted to only execute between a start and end time, it would not work. It would, however, work if I didn't specify start and end times.

I found a possible bug in the script, and am proposing a fix below. Unless, of course, I am off base here.

In PluginInit.mscr, at about line 225, there is the following code excerpt:

# Now check if current EVENT should be excluded, this is possible if device was powered off
    # or effective start date was not within range (bug or feature depending on how you look at it)
    _H = FormatTime( "H", _CurTime )+0
    _M = FormatTime( "i", _CurTime )+0
    _D = FormatTime( "w", _CurTime )+0
    If ( _PExc ne "" )
    If ( Find( _PExc, _D ) )
    _Supress = 1
    EndIf
    EndIf
    If ( _PSHr <> -1 )
    If ( _H < _PSHr )
    _Supress = 1
    EndIf
    EndIf
    If ( _PEHr <> -1 )
    If ( _H > _PSHr || ( _H = _PEHr && _M > 0 ))
    _Supress = 1
    EndIf
    EndIf
    EndIf

Line 225 was:
    If ( _H > _PSHr || ( _H = _PEHr && _M > 0 ))

I think the line should be changed to the following (replacing "_PSHr" with "_PEHr" (sans quotes):
    If ( _H > _PEHr || ( _H = _PEHr && _M > 0 ))

Without this change, I kept getting entries in the log file similar to "Exclusion rules suppressed THIS event".

Hope this helps.

Mark
  7.    #127  
    Wow, this is a blast from the past, heheh.

Thanks, good catch! I am a little surprised anyone actually used this, other than myself and hannip, and I'm doubly surprised you took the time to figure to fix the bug, so kudos to you!

Clearly that is supposed to check for times past the effective end hour, but it was coded wrong, so yeah it is a good fix

Thanks again.
    mj, you coulda just used my chimer app in this forum
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    mj, you coulda just used my chimer app in this forum
    Actually, I am currently using the chimer Mort Script app. I just decided to try out the Tweakster app and use it to schedule my own profiles that I wrote in Mort Script... then I noticed that it had a plugin for AudioPlay, and wondered if it would effectively do an hourly chime. Yup... it does 8^)

So... thanks to you, too, for the chimer app.

I love it when fruits of labor come from the community.
    Hi everyone. I think I may have found a bug, or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. First off, awesome work on this program! I have a treo 700wx from Alltel that I bought in 9/18/07 and I ran into a problem with it comes to scheduling a soft reset plugin. Whenever I schedule a soft reset it seems to hang for some reason just before the final second. The screen lights up and the dialog box with a counter and counts down the seconds to reset. Shortly after it gets 1 one the screen goes blank but it does not carry out the reset. When I push the power button, the screen lights up and the counter counts the final second and only then it does a soft reset. I've tried it several times, both enabling and disabling the keyguard with the same results. I even left 20 min or so to see if it will reset on its own but no change. As soon as I hit the power button, only then carries out the reset. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong its suppose to be that way by design? Also its does not produce any error or anything. I seems to get stuck until i hit the power button. I also got a question, to have a recurring soft reset, do I have to put a short cut to trickster in the windows\starup folder? Or will it know to do it on it's own? Thank again everyone....
    Last edited by digistar2000; 12/09/2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added a word
    gravedigging...any updates?
    Trying it out on my new 800w. Need to tweak some things such as keylight control and display brightness that I've noticed so far. Doesn't look like a major effort to keep this great tool alive so I'll work on it. If anyone sees a feature/plugin that they use and isn't working let me know.

BTW, I'm running Tweakster using MortScript 4.1. Not seeing any language issues with it so far.

Edit: MortScript 4.1 seems to be much slower than earlier versions. The first time you select the Tweak or Probe menu it takes several minutes to get to the submenu. What it's doing is building a menu cache so that it's fast the next time you select Tweak or Probe. So if you are using MortScript 4.1 be very patient the first time you go to those menus.
    I'll try different versions of MortScript and see which one perferms best and maybe make a cab installer with the combo.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/17/2008 at 03:04 AM.
    How did I miss this one! Does this work for a 700wx with WM6?
    I would really like Tweekster development to continue. I use it all the time to schedule events and control my profiles. This and Treo Alerys are some of the best hacks I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I don't see why it shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Works fine. I have used it on the trimmed and the testing 5 ROM with out problems.
    Well I have a keylight proggy now that I can use with Tweakster. I'll add the option to control backlight level while I'm at it. Once I've got those in and working I'll cab this bad boy up for the masses.
    Hi, I tested tweakster in HTC Diamond and does not work the plugin spycam, because "pimg.exe -camerakey" does not load camera. How I can solve???

Thanks.
    Did this thread die all of a sudden? Is Tweakster no more?
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  20.    #140  
    Thread's been dead for a couple of years. Tweakster was an experiment gone wrong, don't know what I was thinking at the time, must have been around 4:21 in the afternoon when I started working on it...

Consider it open source if anyone wants to modify and repost it.

If you're looking for an alternative to do the scheduling, I would suggest taking a look at:

CT Scheduler Lite

and combining it with scripts or tools such as:

Vijay555 - VJVolubilis
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast