Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Excellent work as usual zbop!

Pretty crazy what you had to do to disable keyguard. Curious, what did powering off then resuming fix? Was there not a way to unlock the display otherwise? Not complaining. It works fine.
    Crazy is right. On a hunch, I figured that unloading keyguard, toggling it to off, then reloading it again might set the state correctly, so first I tried that, but NOOOOO... these guys can't make anything easy

Then I hit the power key to turn it off then on again and well, that's when I noticed that the screen was working again, so I figured... why not try the suspend/resume bit. There must be some "Power-on" event that's required since the keyguard was left in a funny state.

For whatever reason, if I take out any of those steps, it doesn't work. There probably is a better way to do this, but darned if I know what it is.

Hey hannip, thanks for all the work you've put into this, both testing it and fixing things.

You think this is stable enough to go solicit some more users? I've kinda kept a low profile because I didn't want too many people trying it just yet, it's a lot of code to debug, but I'm about out of work on this anyways. I can easily add a lot more plugins, but that's just incremental work here and there.
    Yes, the framework is definitely stable enough. Profiles work and scheduling events work fine. Probing works fine, I haven't really tested tweaks, but I think Cody has given you feedback on them already. There are a lot of plugins I haven't tried yet, but I say spread the word and get more people in on the testing!
    hmm, tried to set up a daily stock quote event to run every M-F at 4:30pm, but it doesn't seem like that is possible. Am I missing something?

Ah, n/m, must be getting tired. I got it.

I set starting date then time @ 4:30PM, then select all hours and daily interval and deselect Sun and Sat.

hmm, I put today as the start date, but excluded Sat and Sun and it ran when I scheduled the event. I *think* today is Saturday...

Yep, bug. Even if I choose 2 days ahead as the start date it executes when I schedule the event. Not only that, but when I view the event it has today's date as the start date.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/31/2007 at 10:08 PM.
  4.    #84  
    hmm, tried to set up a daily stock quote event to run every M-F at 4:30pm, but it doesn't seem like that is possible. Am I missing something?

I set starting date then time @ 4:30PM, then select all hours and daily interval and deselect Sun and Sat.

hmm, I put today as the start date, but excluded Sat and Sun and it ran when I scheduled the event. I *think* today is Saturday...
    Hey, I just noticed that too

So you figured it out, yeah I have to admit, it isn't always the most intuitive. That's what I get for trying to create an all-in-one scheduling interface. I used to have one that was more of a wizard, and the prompts would change based upon what you selected, but it ended taking too many steps and by the time I got done I actually forgot what I selected.

The firing time is derived from the starting time. The "hour range" and "days of week" really act as exclude filters, even though in some cases it may not make sense.

That bug definitely seems like a regression. I'll take a look at it, although it may have to wait, GF is coming over any minute now.

Z.
    Flash.mscr needs a ToggleDisplay( ON ) as the last line to activate the restore of LED state.
    Any chance the file dialog could be made into a util script so that any plugin can take advantage of it? The Audio Play and Launcher plugins could use it.
  7.    #87  
    Flash.mscr needs a ToggleDisplay( ON ) as the last line to activate the restore of LED state.
    Eagle-eyes, will add it.
  8.    #88  
    Any chance the file dialog could be made into a util script so that any plugin can take advantage of it? The Audio Play and Launcher plugins could use it.
    Hah, always gotta be one step ahead of me

That was the next step but I do have one problem though, I have to figure out what to do about \Windows. If a user tries to browse through that directory, it can't be a *.* filespec, because that's just suicide. And launcher was meant to launch anything, not just *.exe or *.mscr.

MortScript really does needs a built-in file dialog, it's the only proper way to handle this.

Oh yeah, I have a handle on the start date bug; just need to figure out what to do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    MortScript really does needs a built-in file dialog, it's the only proper way to handle this.
    Agreed. I had requested this feature for 4.01 and Mort seemed to confirm that was one of the things that he was going to add.
  10.    #90  

Yep, bug. Even if I choose 2 days ahead as the start date it executes when I schedule the event. Not only that, but when I view the event it has today's date as the start date.
    Fixed.

Fixed.

I'll roll the other file dialog changes later tonight if I get a chance.
    hmm, just noticed that when you delete events in Tweakster those events do not get removed from the Notifications queue.
  12.    #92  
    hmm, just noticed that when you delete events in Tweakster those events do not get removed from the Notifications queue.
    Was it a profile or a particular event? The code issues a RemoveNotifications(), but if the Command & Arg string does not match exactly, it could fail.
    It was both profiles and an event that was left after I deleted them.
  14.    #94  
    It was both profiles and an event that was left after I deleted them.
    I think I see the issue, it probably works if you delete the item before it is actually run. But if it is a recurring event, and the first event has already fired, there may be a bug in deleting it. I update the saved command/arg strings to cancel them, but I think I left something out and it isn't matching correctly.
  15.    #95  
    Okay, I think I got it. Hannip, if you just want to patch your install, you can copy this PluginInit.mscr into the Util Folder. I'll update the full zipfile in a minute.

For anyone else, if you ran into this problem and need to clean up notifications, below is an awesome little tool (donationware) to view/manage your system resources, I highly recommend it

Task Manager 2.7
    http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=1612
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Looks good zbop. Btw, you can download dotfred's taskmgr direct from the source at this url.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104
  17.    #97  
    Looks good zbop. Btw, you can download dotfred's taskmgr direct from the source at this url.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104
    Even better.
    (I tried linking directly to his site, but it wouldn't let me).

You'll need to follow the link to buzzdev.net or register at xda-developers to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    You think this is stable enough to go solicit some more users? I've kinda kept a low profile because I didn't want too many people trying it just yet, it's a lot of code to debug, but I'm about out of work on this anyways. I can easily add a lot more plugins, but that's just incremental work here and there.
    you think i could get an "up to date " copy of this z ?

my email addy is in post 9 of this thread. codyppc at gmail dot com.

i think i so better text/playing than i do wrighting. lol
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you think i could get an "up to date " copy of this z ?

my email addy is in post 9 of this thread. codyppc at gmail dot com.

i think i so better text/playing than i do wrighting. lol
    Hey cody, the latest copy of this is being updated here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=14

I probably should move it up to the first post.

Hey don't give up the coding though, it definitely gets easier the more you do
    Yeah, you should at least put a link to the post that has the files in the first post. I bet people see it and don't have a clue where to get the files.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast