Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I redid the install and it works fine now. Not sure what the problem was because some of the other scripts were still running fine. My fault. Sorry for the false alarm.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Fixed bug in ClockRadio.mscr where download would fail if no data connection existed.

Still need to figure out how to get the device to stay awake when woken up with keylock on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Fixed bug in ClockRadio.mscr where download would fail if no data connection existed.

Still need to figure out how to get the device to stay awake when woken up with keylock on.
    You da man! I might need to incorporate those changes into a few other plugins.

I'll roll the new version out tonight, I've got stuff to update too.

Oh, so this only happens when keylock is on? Hmmm...
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    One other thought occurred to me...

I think when I was testing out that stuff, that Eval() did the same thing. I'm sure that under the hood, they are similar. For example, I thought that I could use Eval( TweakMenu ), the same as %TweakMenu%, but I'd have to check some of my older test code. All I'm saying is that, I don't think this was an undocumented feature, perhaps it was used in an unexpected way though

Z.
    Okay so I did check this out, and Eval() does do the same thing, and I believe that's how Eval() is supposed to work, so the functionality was documented even if the syntax wasn't. Mort can correct me if I'm wrong...

I.e.) this seems to work, but I haven't tried it with 4.0.1.

Code:
    A[1] = "foo"
    A[2] = "bar"
    Var = "A"

x = Choice( "",  "", 1, 0,  Eval(Var) )
  5.    #65  

That keyguard app is nasty, doesn't play nice with any alarm app from what I can tell.

Anyways I tweaked ClockRadio a bit, and it should work now
  6.    #66  
    I added the profile editor, man that was a *major* PITA. If you have any profiles saved in your profiles.ini, you will need to recreate them unfortunately. I had to take a chainsaw to the profile code and the profiles.ini format to enable it. Hopefully this will be the last incompatible change I make.

For you MortScript hackers out there, something worthy of note is that I added a FileDialog() in this version, that allows you to browse storage to pick a file. It's a tad slow, but very functional

Z.
    Awesome zbop! I can't wait to try it out. Been busy at work all day and haven't had time to play. Falling asleep now, so i'll give it a whirl in the morning.
    hannip, why are your post showing "yesterday" when you just posted this? therefore it doesn't show up in the "new posts".

it looks like post 67 was before post 66. hmm. is your time off?
    1) The new profile stuff is fantastic!
    2) That file dialog is really cool and very functional!
    3) How the hell did you figure out those tricks to disable keyguard? I never knew you could load/unload services from the command line like that!

I tested the new script launch on profile load and it works great! I launched Xcast on Daytime profile load to get a fresh weather update in the morning.

Some bugs (for zbop or anyone else that wants to help).
    1) When keyguard is disabled the keys work, but the display remains locked.
    2) Rock station no longer works (could be temporary issue with station). Jazz worked. I need to add some more stations.
    3) speaker and ringer volume settings in profile don't seem to do anything at load time.
    4) If you cancel Soft Reset option it will get into a prompt loop.

Some bugs for Mort for 4.01 compatibility with 4.0
    1) Need equivalent Reference support to 4.0 if possible (see previous posts for more info)
    2) Editing a profile results in the following error:
    "Operator expected Line: Profile = Eval( AllProfiles & "[" & Pridx & "]" )
    Last edited by hannip; 03/31/2007 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hannip, why are your post showing "yesterday" when you just posted this? therefore it doesn't show up in the "new posts".

it looks like post 67 was before post 66. hmm. is your time off?
    That was last night Cody
    Hehe, just trying out the Auto Dialer plugin. Oh the uses for this one!

1) Annoy the heck out of someone.
    2) Call American Idol to vote for sanjaya every minute! lol
    3) Use up your extra minutes

lol
  13.    #73  
    3) How the hell did you figure out those tricks to disable keyguard? I never knew you could load/unload services from the command line like that!
    Thanks, yeah this is why it took so long to add The keyguard stuff I just snooped around on MSDN, I tried everything to get it to shut off or disable, but nothing seemed to work.

I tested the new script launch on profile load and it works great! I launched Xcast on Daytime profile load to get a fresh weather update in the morning.

Damn! I though for sure I had it... I'll keep looking.

2) Rock station no longer works (could be temporary issue with station). Jazz worked. I need to add some more stations.
    I have more too, I just preloaded a few. I figured most people would want to put in their own local favorites.

3) speaker and ringer volume settings in profile don't seem to do anything at load time.
    Hmmm, I must have broken something there, I'll retest.
  14.    #74  
    Hehe, just trying out the Auto Dialer plugin. Oh the uses for this one!

1) Annoy the heck out of someone.
    2) Call American Idol to vote for sanjaya every minute! lol
    3) Use up your extra minutes

Haha, yeah some of these plugins could get you into trouble I also have a spycam plugin on deck...
  15.    #75  

1) Need equivalent Reference support to 4.0 if possible (see previous posts for more info)
    I have a fix for #3, will post in a bit.

#4 is a MortScript bug, I think I mentioned this in the README. If you use the d-pad keys (or the cancel key) while in a dialog, then sometimes the subsequent Choice() dialog has something buffered or incorrect state. The following code illustrates the bug:

Code:
    LessonLearned = 0
    Response = ""

While ( NOT LessonLearned )
        If ( Question( Response & """Honey, do these pants make me look fat?""", "test", "YesNo" ) = YES )
            Response = """You're a pig!""^CR^^CR^"
        Else
            Response = """I won't be mad, just tell me the truth...""^CR^^CR^"
        EndIf

x = Choice( "Test", "Choose what to do:", 1, 0, "Try again", "Keep mouth shut" )
        If ( x = 2 )
            LessonLearned = 1
        EndIf
    EndWhile
    If when you get the YES/NO dialog, you just hold down the left d-pad key a bunch of times first, then use center-dpad to choose an answer, if will seemingly skip past the Choice() code. In fact, the Choice() code is actually returning the default answer without bringing up the dialog on the screen, don't know why.

If you try the same, holding down the left d-pad key a bunch of times, BUT then use the touchscreen to select yes or no, it works the way it's supposed to. It's kind of a nasty bug, I've been using the touchscreen or the left/right softkeys when I use Mortscript because of this.
    Ah forgot about the bug. Yeah this won't bee an issue in 4.01 since the buttons are goneskie.

Edit: oops, spoke too soon. The buttons are still there for that dialog and the bug with it.
    Hey zbop, I was looking at your brightness plugin and see you use a shortcut to the brightness cpl app.

ctlpnl PLMOCPL.cpl,1,3

What do the numbers refer to? I thought maybe they were tab/icon indexes, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: hmm, 0,3 does go to the keylock settings. I was trying 1,2 and 1,4 but both went to the brightness settings. hmm, 0,1 is phone settings. That doesn't match my icon index theory, but I'm pretty sure the first number refers to the tab.
    Nope, 2,3 goes to keyguard.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/31/2007 at 07:37 PM.
  18.    #78  
    Hey zbop, I was looking at your brightness plugin and see you use a shortcut to the brightness cpl app.

ctlpnl PLMOCPL.cpl,1,3

What do the numbers refer to? I thought maybe they were tab/icon indexes, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: hmm, 0,3 does go to the keylock settings. I was trying 1,2 and 1,4 but both went to the brightness settings. hmm, 0,1 is phone settings. That doesn't match my icon index theory, but I'm pretty sure the first number refers to the tab.
    first number is the "feature index number", second number is the "tab". The ",3" can be left off. It's probably just left over from a copy/paste
  19.    #79  

Okay here we go...

#1 has been fixed and it was a doozey, it's a kludge for sure, but it works.
    #2 You were right, they changed the website so you have to register in order to get the streaming, arghhh.. I added some more stations that work.
    #3 Fixed.
    #4 well, I may have to wait for Mort on this one, unless anyone can think of a good workaround.

Just posted the update.
    Excellent work as usual zbop!

Pretty crazy what you had to do to disable keyguard. Curious, what did powering off then resuming fix? Was there not a way to unlock the display otherwise? Not complaining. It works fine.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast