Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Does anything special need done to be able to run this on a 750?
    No, shouldn't be. What version of MortScript are you running?
  2. jbcross's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #42  
    4.01a3
    - thanks
  3. #43  
    You'll have problems with 4.01. zbop hasn't had a chance to test with it yet, but I know there are compatibility problems. So for now you'll have to install 4.0 for Tweakster to work.
  4. jbcross's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #44  
    Thank you... that nailed it. I had 2 different versions of 4.0xxx - and it needs just 4.0.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    "appearance" tweeks

    task bar = did work but worked funny. the first time it gave me the registry value doesn't exist error, but did change the app title and clock. when i change it back it change just the app title. change agian changed the clock. every time after just changes the app title, no more clock.

    top and bottom bar color = registry value doesn't exist error

    all other "appearance" tweeks work. i dont know why thay didn't before?
    A final note on this, I saw the same weirdness on the taskbar. Apparently, the text above the Start Menu (app title) is updated immediately once you switch app context, but the clock text color will not be updated until the next time the clock updates, then the color changes.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, I have the timezone patch installed.

    Since PIEPlus supports tabbed browsing each tab window title is the url itself.
    That explains it. My GMT offset was incorrect was because I didn't apply the patch yet. Once I installed it, all was cool. I posted the updated version, thanks for adding the PIEPlus support!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    4.01a3
    The "a"'s for "alpha", so you've been warned...
    However, it should work since a5, in the current a6 I fixed some more bugs.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hey!!! The man himself, we're not worrtttthy...
    You may stand up...

    My point was merely there is the right tool for the right job and much of the WM functionality is only accessible via API's rather than command line switches or registry changes, and MS seems to be deprecating more of that with every release.
    Of course, I know the troubles myself all too well... I just wanted to point out there are ways to combine the tools.
  9. #49  
    I've tried tweakster with the latest beta and it is getting farther along. One error I'm getting now is when viewing scheduled events.

    "Empy variable not allowed. Line: Split( MenuStr, SEP, 0, %EMenu% )"

    I don't get this error with 4.0. I have the daytime and evening profiles scheduled.

    Edit: I get a similar error for tweaks.

    "Empy variable not allowed. Line: Split( StateStr, USESEP, 1, %States% )"
    Last edited by hannip; 03/27/2007 at 08:43 AM.
  10. #50  
    Tweakster <3 Me

    You had me at profile support

    So far so good with profile support. It's been very reliable. I love the clock radio also, but we have to figure out how to keep the device from going into suspend when it times out until a button is pressed.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Tweakster <3 Me

    You had me at profile support

    So far so good with profile support. It's been very reliable. I love the clock radio also, but we have to figure out how to keep the device from going into suspend when it times out until a button is pressed.
    Cool, I was beginning to feel like Pink Floyd... (hello, hello, hello is there anybody out there, just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone at home?)

    I almost finished the profile editor yesterday, but it needs a little more code. I can probably finish it later tonight. Once I get that in, I may have to go scout out more BETA testers from the other forums.

    About the ClockRadio, I thought the ToggleDisplay() might keep it awake, but if not, I already have code in my NoDoze plugin that should do the trick. I can add that, or if you felt so inclined...

    Z.
  12. #52  
    Already fixed.

    Ooops, I had dyxlexia when I added that fix. I fixed the fix.

    hmm, it's still suspending when keylock is on...

    Even when I put ToggleDisplay( ON ) in the loop to execute every 5 seconds it still suspends when keylock is on after a minute.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 03/28/2007 at 09:25 PM.
  13. #53  
    I see Mort is busy fixing the bugs again. I tried the latest against Tweakster and the split error has been fixed, but now onto the next one.

    When I go to Tweak, pick any category, then select a tweak, after a delay I get the following error popup.

    'Operator expected Line: CurrentState = Eval( States & "[" & CurIdx & "]" )'

    This might be a side effect of another problem. When you pick a category, for example [Appearance] I don't see the list of Appearance tweaks in the Choice menu.

    Scroll Bar Thickness
    Start Menu Text Color
    Tap and Hold Dots
    ...

    What I see is

    TAPPEARANCE

    Which is the value of %Tweak_Menu% in the line of code below. TAPPEARANCE is an array of menu selections.

    Tw = Choice( Prog, SubTitle & "[" & CatName & "]^CR^Select a tweak:", Tw, 0, %Tweak_Menu% )

    Seems like the same issue that Split had, but with Choice this time.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    What I see is
    TAPPEARANCE
    Which is the value of %Tweak_Menu% in the line of code below. TAPPEARANCE is an array of menu selections.

    Tw = Choice( Prog, SubTitle & "[" & CatName & "]^CR^Select a tweak:", Tw, 0, %Tweak_Menu% )

    Seems like the same issue that Split had, but with Choice this time.
    Almost. It's the result of fixing that issue. References (i.e. using the value of %...% as variable name) only worked for Set in 4.0. In the recent alphas, it accidently worked everywhere like that, causing the "empty variable name" error when the variable wasn't set.
    What's still different in the new version is that it also works with a single "common" variable for Choice. V4.0 would have looked for Tweak_Menu[1] and displayed nothing at all.
  15. #55  
    I am missing something simple here. I have MS 4.0 "installed" at Program Files\Mortscript. I have executed Mortscript.exe and successfully registered the extensions. I have run a lot of the mscr's posted in other threads successfully. I installed Tweakster at ProgramFiles\Tweakster. But when I execute Tweakster.mscr I get the following error:
    Unknown function systemversion
    Line:
    SysVersion =
    SystemVersion()

    I have not loaded the vjay apps. Are those required, or only if you want to run certain plugins?

    I have the Cingular Treo750
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    Almost. It's the result of fixing that issue. References (i.e. using the value of %...% as variable name) only worked for Set in 4.0. In the recent alphas, it accidently worked everywhere like that, causing the "empty variable name" error when the variable wasn't set.
    What's still different in the new version is that it also works with a single "common" variable for Choice. V4.0 would have looked for Tweak_Menu[1] and displayed nothing at all.
    Um, maybe references were only suppose to work with Set in 4.0, but zbop I guess found an undocumented feature in 4.0 where they work in other places. This app works perfectly in 4.0 using references in Choice function calls. Is this no longer going to work in 4.01? I think Tweakster uses this *feature* extensively.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    I am missing something simple here. I have MS 4.0 "installed" at Program Files\Mortscript. I have executed Mortscript.exe and successfully registered the extensions. I have run a lot of the mscr's posted in other threads successfully. I installed Tweakster at ProgramFiles\Tweakster. But when I execute Tweakster.mscr I get the following error:
    Unknown function systemversion
    Line:
    SysVersion =
    SystemVersion()

    I have not loaded the vjay apps. Are those required, or only if you want to run certain plugins?

    I have the Cingular Treo750

    Hey there conekkted,
    Are you running 4.0 or 4.0.1? If this isn't working with 4.0, I'd be surprised. Also, that seems like a straightforward function call unless it was removed recently. I have been testing with 4.0 RC9, but have been assuming that it would stay compatible with all 4.0 versions.

    Z.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Um, maybe references were only suppose to work with Set in 4.0, but zbop I guess found an undocumented feature in 4.0 where they work in other places. This app works perfectly in 4.0 using references in Choice function calls. Is this no longer going to work in 4.01? I think Tweakster uses this *feature* extensively.
    Yeah, I hope I'm not causing Mort fits over this. I had to switch to using dynamically named arrays because there was no way to reset or initialize the associative arrays, which pretty much renders them useless in reusable code. There was no way to create a Choice() dialog where the number of items varied using the same piece of code. I found a workaround and exploited it

    I believe he fixed this problem with associative arrays in 4.0.1. Although I could see the feature being useful for other reasons. Ahh, if only 4.0.1 were available when I started...
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Um, maybe references were only suppose to work with Set in 4.0, but zbop I guess found an undocumented feature in 4.0 where they work in other places. This app works perfectly in 4.0 using references in Choice function calls. Is this no longer going to work in 4.01? I think Tweakster uses this *feature* extensively.
    One other thought occurred to me...

    I think when I was testing out that stuff, that Eval() did the same thing. I'm sure that under the hood, they are similar. For example, I thought that I could use Eval( TweakMenu ), the same as %TweakMenu%, but I'd have to check some of my older test code. All I'm saying is that, I don't think this was an undocumented feature, perhaps it was used in an unexpected way though

    Z.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    I am missing something simple here. I have MS 4.0 "installed" at Program Files\Mortscript. I have executed Mortscript.exe and successfully registered the extensions. I have run a lot of the mscr's posted in other threads successfully. I installed Tweakster at ProgramFiles\Tweakster. But when I execute Tweakster.mscr I get the following error:
    Unknown function systemversion
    Line:
    SysVersion =
    SystemVersion()

    I have not loaded the vjay apps. Are those required, or only if you want to run certain plugins?

    I have the Cingular Treo750
    Is this a recently downloaded version of MS 4.0? I use RC10 and it is working fine.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions