Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

If you give me the exact Category name and exact Tweak name when they don't work, I'll take a look into it. Thanks!
    "appearance" tweeks

task bar = did work but worked funny. the first time it gave me the registry value doesn't exist error, but did change the app title and clock. when i change it back it change just the app title. change agian changed the clock. every time after just changes the app title, no more clock.

top and bottom bar color = registry value doesn't exist error

all other "appearance" tweeks work. i dont know why thay didn't before?
    1) It would be cool to add a Create and Change option in the Profile menu. Each profile plugin listed in Create and Change should have an On, Off and No Change setting.

Also it might not be obvious to everyone that you don't have to specify all of the profile plugins in each profile definition. For example, if you don't want your bluetooth setting to change, just removed it.

Example:

default daytime profile:
    [profile daytime]
    Name="Daytime"
    Settings="BluetoothOff,KeyLightOff,Brightness9,SpeakerVolume5,RingerVolume5,Ringtone1"

version that doesn't change your bluetooth state.
    [profile daytime]
    Name="Daytime"
    Settings="KeyLightOff,Brightness9,SpeakerVolume5,RingerVolume5,Ringtone1"

2) Allow calling of a user defined script/program for each profile.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/25/2007 at 09:12 AM.
    Bug? When I schedule profiles it shows up when viewing events, but once a profile activates I no longer see it when viewing events even though it is scheduled for all days of the week.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    "appearance" tweeks

task bar = did work but worked funny. the first time it gave me the registry value doesn't exist error, but did change the app title and clock. when i change it back it change just the app title. change agian changed the clock. every time after just changes the app title, no more clock.

top and bottom bar color = registry value doesn't exist error

all other "appearance" tweeks work. i dont know why thay didn't before?
    The "registry value doesn't exist" is intended as a warning. Some tweaks require new keys that don't exist by default, so I thought that would be helpful. For tweaks that have been debugged, it's probably just an annoyance or even misleading. When you are debugging your own tweaks, it can be useful because it may be the first indication that you mistyped a registry key path. I should probably disable the warning by default and add an option to toggle it.

Also, some of the tweaks require a today refresh or a reset, and I don't think those settings have all been set up correctly. If in doubt, you may want to reset to see if the tweak then appears. Other than that, not sure how to explain the voodoo...

I'll take a look at the task bar weirdness
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    1) It would be cool to add a Create and Change option in the Profile menu. Each profile plugin listed in Create and Change should have an On, Off and No Change setting.

Also it might not be obvious to everyone that you don't have to specify all of the profile plugins in each profile definition. For example, if you don't want your bluetooth setting to change, just removed it.

Example:

default daytime profile:
    [profile daytime]
    Name="Daytime"
    Settings="BluetoothOff,KeyLightOff,Brightness9,SpeakerVolume5,RingerVolume5,Ringtone1"

version that doesn't change your bluetooth state.
    [profile daytime]
    Name="Daytime"
    Settings="KeyLightOff,Brightness9,SpeakerVolume5,RingerVolume5,Ringtone1"

2) Allow calling of a user defined script/program for each profile.
    Hannip,
    Good suggestions. I had "Create Profile" on my todo list, but just ran out of steam. Regarding the change option, I need a little clarification.

Does ON reflect it's configured state or it's running state?
    i.e.) does ON mean it is enabled but not necessary loaded OR does ON mean "load it now".

And how is NO different than OFF?

I think I understand where you are going with this. Just as a little background, I implemented profiles as nothing more than a "combo" plugin. Underneath it all, it is scheduled and manage as an event like anything else, it just has different parameters. It sounds like more differentiation might be required.
  6.    #26  
    Bug? When I schedule profiles it shows up when viewing events, but once a profile activates I no longer see it when viewing events even though it is scheduled for all days of the week.
    Profiles are treated as a "special case" event so it should show up under events, but it also should still be there after the profile activates. I'll take a look.

It may not be until later this evening though, gotta spend sometime with the GF today or else...

Oh yeah, under 2) on your previous post, it is easily done via the Launcher plugin or writing your own plugin. You just schedule it for the time you want it to activate. However for consistency, if I add more profile controls in the UI, it makes sense to treat it as a "profile" rather than a scheduled plugin.
    Hannip,
    Good suggestions. I had "Create Profile" on my todo list, but just ran out of steam. Regarding the change option, I need a little clarification.

Does ON reflect it's configured state or it's running state?
    i.e.) does ON mean it is enabled but not necessary loaded OR does ON mean "load it now".

And how is NO different than OFF?

I think I understand where you are going with this. Just as a little background, I implemented profiles as nothing more than a "combo" plugin. Underneath it all, it is scheduled and manage as an event like anything else, it just has different parameters. It sounds like more differentiation might be required.
    No was a typo. The states should be On, Off and No Change where On/Off means to turn on/off when profile activated, and No Change means to leave the current state alone. For example, if Bluetooth is on, leave it on, if bluetooth was off, leave it off. It's a No-op. The default setting when creating a profile for each plugin should be No Change.

I guess On/Off is only applicable for some plugins. For volume and ringer there are a lot more states obviously.

Example Menu's

SELECT Profile action:
    Load profile
    Schedule profile
    Create profile
    Change profile

for Create profile an input dialog is shown to enter a name. For Change profile you pick an existing profile.
    Both will share the follow on menu, but for Change it will list the current selections for the profile.

SELECT Profile plugin actions:
    Bluetooth (no change)
    Keylight (no change)
    Brightness (no change)
    Speaker volume (no change)
    Ringer volume (no change)
    Ringtone (no change)
    Program to launch (none)

Then when Bluetooth is selected you get

SELECT Plugin action:
    No Change (current selection)
    On
    Off

For Speaker Volume

SELECT Plugin action:
    Level 0
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Level 3
    Level 4
    Level 5

And similar menus for ringtone, brightness etc.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/25/2007 at 06:04 PM.
    Profiles are treated as a "special case" event so it should show up under events, but it also should still be there after the profile activates. I'll take a look.

It may not be until later this evening though, gotta spend sometime with the GF today or else...

Oh yeah, under 2) on your previous post, it is easily done via the Launcher plugin or writing your own plugin. You just schedule it for the time you want it to activate. However for consistency, if I add more profile controls in the UI, it makes sense to treat it as a "profile" rather than a scheduled plugin.
    Yeah, I realize you can set it up separate from a profile, but it would be cool if you add more profile controls that one of the settings is to launch a program/script. That way if you change the time when a profile starts it also changes when the file is launched. Just more convenient. Of course these are all just suggestions. You can do what you like.

No need to rush. Don't get into trouble with your GF like the slingdude.
    Thats really why I had to take a time out from 3.8 for a few days lol
  10.    #30  
    Just fixed this, it's in the updated zipfile "BETAr3". Thanks.
  11.    #31  
    No was a typo. The states should be On, Off and No Change where On/Off means to turn on/off when profile activated, and No Change means to leave the current state alone. For example, if Bluetooth is on, leave it on, if bluetooth was off, leave it off. It's a No-op. The default setting when creating a profile for each plugin should be No Change.

I guess On/Off is only applicable for some plugins. For volume and ringer there are a lot more states obviously.

Example Menu's

SELECT Profile action:
    Load profile
    Schedule profile
    Create profile
    Change profile

for Create profile an input dialog is shown to enter a name. For Change profile you pick an existing profile.
    Both will share the follow on menu, but for Change it will list the current selections for the profile.

SELECT Profile plugin actions:
    Bluetooth (no change)
    Keylight (no change)
    Brightness (no change)
    Speaker volume (no change)
    Ringer volume (no change)
    Ringtone (no change)
    Program to launch (none)

Then when Bluetooth is selected you get

SELECT Plugin action:
    On
    Off

For Speaker Volume

SELECT Plugin action:
    Level 0
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Level 3
    Level 4
    Level 5

And similar menus for ringtone, brightness etc.
    Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. Makes sense.

Since none of my UI is hardcoded and it builds everything on-the-fly from the .ini files, I'll have to think about how to implement it since I'm missing some relational information. Shouldn't be too hard (hah he said)

You have to realize when I started this, it was a simple two-evening project at the most, now 5000 lines of code later...
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Thats really why I had to take a time out from 3.8 for a few days lol
    Gotta keep 'em happy, aint it the truth!!
    Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. Makes sense.

Since none of my UI is hardcoded and it builds everything on-the-fly from the .ini files, I'll have to think about how to implement it since I'm missing some relational information. Shouldn't be too hard (hah he said)

You have to realize when I started this, it was a simple two-evening project at the most, now 5000 lines of code later...
    Whatever possessed you to write 5000 sloc of script code?!? Must be MortScript fever. lol
    I bet Mort never expected anyone to take it this far.

Have you seen 4.01 yet? He's adding a bunch of new stuff. It's alpha code and breaks your scripts right now, but he's fixing the bugs fast.
  14.    #34  
    The clock radio is really cool! I did get an error though.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...34&postcount=8

I love the way you use the browser as a window that runs scripts when you press on images. Way cool!

And downloading a clock image of the real time is even cooler. I had to comment out the line below # XXX DST bug
    in ClockRadio.mscr to get the right time for me.

Edit: I've added support for PIEPlus and now the bugs that I was seeing are gone. Here are my changes if you wish to incorporate them.
    Oh hey, I missed this post. Are you kidding me, I'll take any help I can get on this.

heh, I threw this plugin in for fun, it's a total hack and a half, but if you have a little imagination...

Did you install the DST patch on your Treo? If I can figure out what the right thing to do regarding this off-by-an-hour problem, I'll definitely roll the updated version in. I wasn't aware that PIEplus changed the window title.

Z.
    Oh hey, I missed this post. Are you kidding me, I'll take any help I can get on this.

heh, I threw this plugin in for fun, it's a total hack and a half, but if you have a little imagination...

Did you install the DST patch on your Treo? If I can figure out what the right thing to do regarding this off-by-an-hour problem, I'll definitely roll the updated version in. I wasn't aware that PIEplus changed the window title.

Z.
    Yeah, I have the timezone patch installed.

Since PIEPlus supports tabbed browsing each tab window title is the url itself.
  16.    #36  
    Whatever possessed you to write 5000 sloc of script code?!? Must be MortScript fever. lol

Have you seen 4.01 yet? He's adding a bunch of new stuff. It's alpha code and breaks your scripts right now, but he's fixing the bugs fast.
    Oh I'm sure... I never expected to take it this far either, I really don't know what possessed me. About half way through I started wishing I'd used the SDK instead. Mortscript is very cool, but I could've done so much more if I'd have written it native.

Nah, I haven't checked out 4.01 yet, I'll have to stop by his forum and see what's going on with it.
    Sounds dangerous...

It became almost hard to surprise me anymore...
    If you keep in mind MortScript started as a means to allow a scheduled startup, and offered not much more than Run, Wait, and Sleep, it's surpising what people do with it quite a long time. For example, there are quite complex scripts on www.pocketnavigation.de (German) that extend navigation softwares, e.g. for TMC channel change, night/day mode change depending on sunrise/-set, and so on.

Well, I hope so...
    The internal changes are quite big, so it's sometimes a bit hard to keep compatibility.
    Oh I'm sure... I never expected to take it this far either, I really don't know what possessed me. About half way through I started wishing I'd used the SDK instead. Mortscript is very cool, but I could've done so much more if I'd have written it native.
    Well, there'd still be the possibility to run external tools with Run, or to run MortScripts from an own native interface.
    MortScript's main purpose was to allow something similar to shell scripts, so your script of course is quite close to its limits.
    But then, it allowes more users to add their own modules, since it's more easy to get into MortScript than C++ or C#.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Does anything special need done to be able to run this on a 750?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    Well, there'd still be the possibility to run external tools with Run, or to run MortScripts from an own native interface.
    MortScript's main purpose was to allow something similar to shell scripts, so your script of course is quite close to its limits.
    But then, it allowes more users to add their own modules, since it's more easy to get into MortScript than C++ or C#.
    Hey!!! The man himself, we're not worrtttthy...

Believe me, I'm not knocking MortScript in any way, it pretty much took anything I threw at it and worked, which is a testimony to how well it was implemented! My point was merely there is the right tool for the right job and much of the WM functionality is only accessible via API's rather than command line switches or registry changes, and MS seems to be deprecating more of that with every release.

I'll definitely have to check out what you're adding in the new version. Thanks for creating an awesome product by the way
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast