1.    #1  
    After discovering that I couldn't cut/paste from my phone, I came here and found the hack and proceeded to kill my 750 (largely due to my vast ignorance about Windows Mobile). After wiping the memory and rebuilding it, I called tech support and got a great answer...

If you highlight text and then hold the stylus on top of the highlighted text a circle appears and then a hidden menu. From there you can select all, cut, copy and paste... It's just that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebenpipty View Post
    After discovering that I couldn't cut/paste from my phone, I came here and found the hack and proceeded to kill my 750 (largely due to my vast ignorance about Windows Mobile). After wiping the memory and rebuilding it, I called tech support and got a great answer...

If you highlight text and then hold the stylus on top of the highlighted text a circle appears and then a hidden menu. From there you can select all, cut, copy and paste... It's just that easy.
    Do you mind telling us how the ctrl key hack killed your phone? It is just a program and can be disabled any time.

also You really got a great answer from the customer, although most people here will prefer calling it a joke.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    yea im not trying to be an ***... but im pretty sure that everyone thats ever owned a treo knows that... and its not a ctrl key at all... ctrl key you can do so much more with.... but if it works for you... GREEEEAT!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    yea im not trying to be an ***... but im pretty sure that everyone thats ever owned a treo knows that... and its not a ctrl key at all... ctrl key you can do so much more with.... but if it works for you... GREEEEAT!
    I just reveal the screen kbd and use the ctrl there. Works all the time.
  5.    #5  
    Sure Cellnueron - I loaded it and it didn't work (it just made a blank spot appear in the header line???). I tried to uninstall and it didn't appear in that menu (for programs to uninstall)- so I may have improperly uninstalled it with a delete. After it was deleted my phone would not connect to the web (which also killed the email function). I wiped everything and started over. No worries - I'm learning.

As for you Kr3st, you arrogant ***, if you were so informed and intelligent, then why didn't you post this solution on this site before? It was clear to me that SEVERAL people were asking how to cut and paste? It does work for me - so pipe down.

The screen kbd is another good idea.
    As for you Kr3st, you arrogant ***, if you were so informed and intelligent, then why didn't you post this solution on this site before? It was clear to me that SEVERAL people were asking how to cut and paste? It does work for me - so pipe down.
    You might do well to follow your advice, no need to get heated over nothing.

And his point was that the hack gives you the functionality of a ctrl key. You're simply talking about cutting/copying and pasting text, which is not the only function of a ctrl key.
    Sure Cellnueron - I loaded it and it didn't work (it just made a blank spot appear in the header line???). I tried to uninstall and it didn't appear in that menu (for programs to uninstall)- so I may have improperly uninstalled it with a delete. After it was deleted my phone would not connect to the web (which also killed the email function). I wiped everything and started over. No worries - I'm learning.

The problem here is you are too new to pocket pc and any hacks are not good for you at this moment. The blank spot indicate that the program didn't find the BMP indicator in the correct path. You didn't extract them to the correct path or you didn't import the reg file at all.

Even it happened like that, you can easily stop the program using task manager. Also this program has nothing to do with network, so you must have other programs loaded.

Anyway, give it a little bit more patience and ask here if you have any questions.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    On a Treo the screen keyboard is not a good idea, here's why. The default behavior for the keyboard is to display itself when the cursor is placed in a text-area entry field. This can be a PIA because the KB takes up space on the already cramped square screen and (more importantly), 99% of the time you don't need it because you use the hardware keyboard.

There are some supposed "official" techniques to tell the SIP panel to not open, but I have found them to be very inconsistent and doesn't always work in all applications. I have also tried the freeware NullKb and found it to be unreliable on the Treo 750. So in lieu of all those solutions, I have changed the registry to not popup the SIP ever (I can change it back of course).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    So in lieu of all those solutions, I have changed the registry to not popup the SIP ever (I can change it back of course).
    Hi - I also had problems with NullKb. Could you share what registry setting you changed so that the KB never pops up?
    Thanks
    Using a registry editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip
    Set "Allowchange" (dword) = 0 save and soft reset.

NOTE: Export that registry branch BEFORE making the above change if you want your SIP to be active again.

Double note: Backup your registry before making any changes.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)