1.    #1  
    Can you get gmail direct on a 750 or do you have to go through the web browser the way you do on the 680?
    go to email -- menu -- tools -- new account, then fill out the info and it will auto setup. after that you can go into delivery preferences and set the amount of minutes it takes to pull your info from your gmail account straight onto you handheld.

this way you dont have to go through the browser, when you receive an email, it goes straight to your phone as well and will ring/vibrate!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    you can setup midlet that runs java apps then download the gmail java app and run it like that off of the 750
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    midlet is a java emulator for the 750
    where on the 750 can i find the midlet, or do i have to go somewhere n download it?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    if you head over to the xda forum you can find it there or just google it... google midlet emulator xda it should pull up the page and just download and instal it to your 750 and do the same with the google mail app. works perfect on mine... i also use opera mini on the emulator cause its so fast at loading web pages i think its the best browser. well good luck let me know if you have any problems or need some help ill be glad to assist you.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=286604

that should be the link to the midlet manager you need now all you need to do is go get he gmail app from google.

hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Can you get gmail direct on a 750 or do you have to go through the web browser the way you do on the 680?
    You can use Versamail & Chatteremail to get your gmail on the 680. Similarly, you can configure outlook on the 750 to collect gmail also.

As for java, on the 680 you can also use the gmail midlet just as you could on Windows Mobile.

Edit & PS: you should really try the 750 out for a couple of days
  9.    #9  
    I guess what I should have asked is if the gmail app will run on the 750?

And yes, I can keep the 750 out of my mind. The more I use the 680, the more I keep wondering if I was short-sided with the 750.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    yes the gmail app will run on the 750... just needs midlet manager that i linked you to...
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=286604

that should be the link to the midlet manager you need now all you need to do is go get he gmail app from google.

hope that helps.
    Thanks alot for your help I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    no problem ... anytime.
  13.    #13  
    Ok.... I copied the file to the mini-SD and double tapped on it but the installation was unsuccessful. I've reset the 750 and tried again with no success.

Any tips?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    try putting it on the actual phone then install it. instead of the sd card. let me know if that fixes it... if not we will have to find out whats going on.
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    Just do as mentioned before and set it up in pocket outlook on the phone. That is how I have mine and I can download the emails direct without ever having to open Internet explorer.
  16.    #16  
    Copied the midlet file to My Documents on the 750 and it installed fine. I have to admit it does make me a little nervous with all the "This program isn't Trusted" warnings that pop up.

Gmail works like a charm now. Thanks.
    The same untrusted warnings come up under Palm OS if you don't hack the java installation to suppress them.

here's how to suppress it on Windows Mobile (go to the "Disable Permission Pop-up" section):
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=1122324
    Last edited by g-funkster; 04/02/2007 at 06:52 PM.
    Why do dont you just use Gmail as a pop 3 account, it is easier that way than having to go through your web browser. I have mines as a pop account and it checks for new mail every hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Why do dont you just use Gmail as a pop 3 account, it is easier that way than having to go through your web browser. I have mines as a pop account and it checks for new mail every hour.
    Yep, I use POP retrieval.

Anyone know why the POutlook shows every email that I sent from my desktop via gmail.com in the Inbox??
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    coppertop glad it worked out for you. i love it rather then pushing to my phone... i like to check it when i want and it doesnt waste as much battery pushing it every hour or so.