Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    What are the "D Word" settings for? Is there a change we could make in the Local Machine settings that would fix this for us?
    hkey_local_machine\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    hkey_local_machine\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\suspend\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    hkey_local_machine\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Bluetooth:=2 I changed this value to 1.

Basement test - no drop with signal loss. I am not 100% sure that it works, I am still testing
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    On VZW units you have to go into system before CurrentContolSet and suspend is listed under State. Our Bluetooth DWord is set to 0. Think if we change this it will help?
    Sorry, I left out one path, that is the system path, it should read
    hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\btl1:=2,

Progress update, it passed the basement test, did not disconnect, but it did disconnect overnight, when the phone was not being used. Went to try it this morning, and BT was disconnected, had to soft reset to get it back up.

As a side note, we are all pulling our hair out with this issue, and Palm, et. al. still refuses to even admit that there is any type of a problem with the phone or the BT radio. I (my company) has invested about $2,000 in 700wx's and assorted accessories (GPS, headsets, software) and frankly I am fed up. Does any one out there know a good mass tort lawyer, I am ready to start a class action lawsuit against Palm for selling a known defective product. Maybe a good lawsuit will get their attention, fast. (especially in light of the fact that they are up for sale) Any ideas where to start.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I found that the setting for the Bluetooth (under the setting noted by papuga) is set at 1 on my 700w and 0 on my 700wx. If I change it to 1 on my 700wx do you think it will work?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I guess I should say that this is that DWORD setting. What do the DWORD settings do?
    The BT stack fix does not work on the Treo 700 when connecting to the Pioneer Z1 NAV system. Just tried it and BANG _ DROPS ALL THE TIME.

PALM SUCKS ***
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papuga View Post
    hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\suspend\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Bluetooth:=2 I changed this value to 1.

Basement test - no drop with signal loss. I am not 100% sure that it works, I am still testing
    I have none of these keys in my register. What is really going on?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    dimitri, I don't have the btl1 files, mine are listed as bkl1, but not under State. They are under other files. Also my Bluetooth is not a file folder under State, it is just there as a file with a DWORD value of 0 on my wx and 1 on my 700w. Are you saying you can't find any of these??
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well the bluetooth under state is set to 1. Under the Suspend there is no bkl1, and under state I only have the bluetooth and not bkl1. What other folders are these under?

So the only one I can find is bluetooth under state.

Just found bkl1 and it is under useridle and is set to 4. Another bkl1 is under unattended and is set to 4. Another bkl1 is set to 4. Another under Resume set to 4.
    And another under backlight off set to 1.

Hannip, What are these Dwords for?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    I found that the setting for the Bluetooth (under the setting noted by papuga) is set at 1 on my 700w and 0 on my 700wx. If I change it to 1 on my 700wx do you think it will work?
    I doubt it. I have a 700w that drops out all the time.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My 700w never drops. That is why I am wondering about making that change.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Well the bluetooth under state is set to 1. Under the Suspend there is no bkl1, and under state I only have the bluetooth and not bkl1. What other folders are these under?

Just found bkl1 and it is under useridle and is set to 4. Another bkl1 is under unattended and is set to 4. Another bkl1 is set to 4. Another under Resume set to 4.

So your Bluetooth on your VZW 700wx is set to 1 and mine is set to 0. That seems very odd.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Also the bkl1 is for the backlight and not the bluetooth. That is why I am wondering why some have the btl1
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    From what I can tell from reading the post from papuga, he has units from Sprint not VZW. That may be the reason for the difference in the letters. That dosen't make a lot of sense to me, but it is the only thing I can see that would be different.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Well I just got off the phone with VZW and filed my complaint. I think we need to bombard VZW so they can report to Palm. This may be the only way to fix this. It is how the issue with the Motorola Q, which had the same issue, got fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post

hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\suspend\btl1:=2 I removed this entire key,
    These two don't even exist on my Sprint 700wx.

hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Bluetooth:=2 I changed this value to 1.
    All this shows the current state of your bluetooth (On=1; Off=0)
    hmm, some interesting discussion at this url which explains each of the dword value's in the Power\State section.

http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=...d=60&Itemid=72

So if I'm reading that correctly you should try adding the following registry dword setting to keep bluetooth in an on state for suspend mode.

hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Suspend\btl1:=0

I've also found this discussion about it and it substantiates my finding, however this guy changed btl1:=1 and also changed it for UserIdle.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/577453-post60.html

Here are the power states that you can assign for any device.

Full on -> 0
    State in which the device is on and running. It is receiving full power from the system and is delivering full functionality to the user.

Low on -> 1
    State in which the device is fully functional at a lower power or performance state than 0. 1 is applicable when the device is being used, but where peak performance is unnecessary and power is at a premium.

Standby -> 2
    State in which the device is partially powered with automatic wakeup on request. A device in state 2 is effectively standing by.

Sleep -> 3
    State in which the device is partially powered with device-initiated wakeup if available. A device in state 3 is sleeping but capable of raising the System Power State on its own. It consumes only enough power to be able to do so; which must be less than or equal to the amount of power used in state 2.

Off -> 4
    State in which the device has no power. A device in state 4 should not be consuming any significant power. Some peripheral busses require static terminations that intrinsically use non-zero power when a device is physically connected to the bus; a device on such a bus can still support 4.

The device for bluetooth is btl1:

If it isn't listed it uses the default value. For Suspend the default is 3 and for UserIdle the default is 2. So if you add btl1: to both of these with a setting of 1 or 0 it should hopefully improve you bluetooth connections during those power states.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/29/2007 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    So Hannip, should we also set the guid in suspend to 0 also? How about the unattended? What do you think?

I have added the btl1 to the suspend and the useridle folders and set them to 0 so we will see if tis fixes the issue. I'll update soon.
    well I wouldn't set the guid since that will affect more than the bluetooth.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast