Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I used this and the dropouts seemed to have stopped but the audio quality was really bad. Then I decided to try the AD2P hack and everything seems to be working great. I have had some minor dropouts but the headset picks right back up immediately. And that is with my Plantronics 665. Everyone should try this.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    wish i could say the same for my plantronics 665. It continues to drop out a lot.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well it still drops every now and then but it isn't hard for it to reconnect like it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I used this and the dropouts seemed to have stopped but the audio quality was really bad.
    Yeah, seems like the 700w stack on a wx is giving distorted audio. Guess it's just not compatible. This is kind of expected when using backlevel dll's.

Then I decided to try the AD2P hack and everything seems to be working great. I have had some minor dropouts but the headset picks right back up immediately. And that is with my Plantronics 665. Everyone should try this.
    Are you saying you installed the vzw700wx_a2dp cab on your vzw 700wx and you see better results? Sounds like voodoo to me.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hannip, I put your a2dp cab on my unit this morning, just to see what would happen, and I found that there were no drops this morning on my way to work, but the signal indicator on my car kit said I had no signal, but I stay connected. Are you saying there is nothing different between your cab and what originally came on the vzw 700wx? Could there be something in the build between what you used and what the rest of us got? Is there any way to check that?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Are you saying you installed the vzw700wx_a2dp cab on your vzw 700wx and you see better results? Sounds like voodoo to me.
    That is exactly what I am saying. There is something weird about it but I get less drop outs and the ones that I do get connect right back.
    The next guy that tries this export your registry before installing A2DP and then again afterwards. Upload both so we can compare. There must be some setting that is helping.

dimitri, did you also delete and re-pair your headset when you did this install? I wonder if that is what makes the difference.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hannip,

I don't get it, yesterday I had only one drop out. Today I came to work, a 45 minute drive and had over 24 disconnects!! I get re-connected almost immediately, but I guess I will need to go back to my 700w until a cure is found. I get cut off even in the middle of phone calls. Also, my 700wx likes to turn the screen on for no reason at all. I don’t think this has to do with the disconnects because it does it even when connected with nothing happening to the connection, it just kills the battery. Has anyone else had a problem with this or have an idea on how to fix it?? Is there anything that can be done with the 700w stack that you sent that would fix the audio issue? Thanks again for your help.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The next guy that tries this export your registry before installing A2DP and then again afterwards. Upload both so we can compare. There must be some setting that is helping.

dimitri, did you also delete and re-pair your headset when you did this install? I wonder if that is what makes the difference.
    Yes I deleted the pair and then did the install then re-paired the headset. But I am seeing a bunch of disconnects just like Mcharron. I don't get it. It makes me want to go to a Verizo store and yell at someone to fix this issue.
    Just to add my 2 cents.

My VZW 700wx drops the bluetooth gps connection quite frequently. My Platronics 640 works well, but gps drops and reconnects quite frequently.

When I get time, I'll try a few of the hacks listed here.

sorry I have no help as of right now, only sympathy.
    Hannip, I have been following this thread with the BT issue, and I have noticed some interesting observations. (Headset is a Jabra BT800, latest firmware) BT keeps dropping, but not as often. Here is what I have noticed.
    1. When in standby, back light will come on for no reason, once the back light comes on, BT disconnects.
    2. When in standby, once received signal strength drops to No Service, or the rssi drops below -102db, back light comes on, BT disconnects.
    3. BT for me, does not disconnect when in call, only when in standby. Has static and crackling sound on the first BT connect of the day, otherwise audio is crystal clear and of sufficient volume.
    4. Once it disconnects, the BT check box is blank as if it was manually turned off, 8 of 10 times, turning off BT then back on again, things work normally. 2 of 10 times, selecting BT settings by tapping the BT icon results in nothing happening, or if the BT settings do come up, setting BT back on will be ignored, nothing short of a soft reset will get BT back up and working. You will have to power cycle the headset as well to reconnect.
    5. The registry hack to disable BT power management results in more dropouts or BT not functioning at all with your patches.
    6. The registry hack to change the suspend time results in more frequent BT dropouts.
    7. The BT problem is only present in the headset profile, when the Serial Port Profile for GPS is active, BT does NOT drop out at all. I have tested this quite extensively, including taking the 700wx, a GPS receiver, and a headset into a sub-basement boiler room, GPS keeps working, reporting no satellites of course, but keeps working none-the-less, and the headset disconnects.

I am not a WM5 or Treo expert by any means, but from what I can see from these observations is that only the headset profile is effected, and there is some type of interrelation between signal strength (Cell Carrier) and power management.

Palm is clueless, and does not admit anything and Sprint has "heard of the problem" but has no idea where to go.

I am currently testing your patches for A2DP with all of the BT registry hacks removed and will try to repeat the sub-basement test tonight.

For what it's worth, I hope this helps. (Considering a wired headset and loosing the BT one)

To me, it sounds like this is some type of a power management issue, either a bug, or a power saving "feature" from Microsoft.
    I notice the same characteristics with the exception of serial port. I constantly get dropouts with PDA Net thru BT.
    Deltaflyer,
    I have not tried PDANet through BT so I cannot comment on it, but I will also give that I try tonight to see if it is consistent with the BT dropout. I have used ActiveSync with BT without a dropout, but then, I have full signal at both my home and office so it is not a fair test.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I don't think that signal strength has anything to do with this. I get my disconnects with a full signal all the time.
    It seems to me that the dropouts are very device specific. If you get one device that maintains a steady bt connection with a treo then you are good to go. I also think that not all treo's have the same issues.

So the variables are:
    bad headset + bad treo
    bad headset + good treo
    good headest + bad treo
    good headset + good treo.

There might also be another variable if the same headsets vary in goodness. And if signal plays into it that's yet another variable. Palm needs to get off there asses and thoroughly test this sh*t. At a minimum they need to get "compatible" headsets to work properly.
    It seems to me that the dropouts are very device specific. If you get one device that maintains a steady bt connection with a treo then you are good to go. I also think that not all treo's have the same issues.

So the variables are:
    bad headset + bad treo
    bad headset + good treo
    good headest + bad treo
    good headset + good treo.

There might also be another variable if the same headsets vary in goodness. And if signal plays into it that's yet another variable. Palm needs to get off there asses and thoroughly test this sh*t. At a minimum they need to get "compatible" headsets to work properly.
    It would be nice if they would admit they have a problem.
    It really has to come from the carrier. Without carrier pressure on them they won't fix anything.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I called and sent VZW an email today regarding this again and my car kit manufacture is also going to contact Palm. We can hope. Going to get another 700wx next week, for all the good it may do.
    For what it's worth, I have 4 Treo 700wx's in my office, all with BT Headsets and all with GPS and the only common denominator is that if they lose contact with the native Sprint signal, BT drops, and if the headset moves out of range of the Treo, BT drops. I agree that it appears to be device specific, but the million dollar question is "what device?" All of the headsets in use are "Palm tested", so either their testing is faulty, or the problem lies deep within WM5.

Also, I removed the setting "btl1:=2" from both the suspend and useridle keys and so far today, with the a2dp patch installed, no dropouts. Going to try the basement test later to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papuga View Post
    For what it's worth, I have 4 Treo 700wx's in my office, all with BT Headsets and all with GPS and the only common denominator is that if they lose contact with the native Sprint signal, BT drops, and if the headset moves out of range of the Treo, BT drops. I agree that it appears to be device specific, but the million dollar question is "what device?" All of the headsets in use are "Palm tested", so either their testing is faulty, or the problem lies deep within WM5.

Also, I removed the setting "btl1:=2" from both the suspend and useridle keys and so far today, with the a2dp patch installed, no dropouts. Going to try the basement test later to see what happens.
    Sprint or VZW?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast